What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goats Grows DWC

gh0stm0de

First things first, outstanding work. Doesnt sound like the pk i ran, i got a significant grape & complex red wine aspect to kushy aroma. Individual buckets are a pain. Connecting buckets to control with float valve fed by rez is a great way to keep evenly topped off buckets. Recirculating allows for chiller use if desired and maintains even ph and ppm in each bucket.

Drain should be incredibly simple, drop pump (some leave pump in there) into control and pump out..as easy as ensuring tubing is run to correct drain location and plugging in pump. Some just leave pump and drain tubing always connected and only turn in or off pump to drain out.

Trust your instinct, looks like you already pulled the trigger. Just know there are ways to simplify dwc operations if you ever have the interest.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Or, go to a no-dump DWC method... no?
I've used the advanced Lucas Res Management methods for the last 10+ years. The only time I dump a flowering res is when I switch to r/o, for the last few days before harvest. Full and healthy pH swing, controlled by the plants eating nutes and you adding them back. It does require a tds/ec/ppm meter of some sort and works the most predictably well with pure r/o water as the base and top-off. I love simple. :D

:)

Goats

Or, go to a no-dump DWC method... no?
I've used the advanced Lucas Res Management methods for the last 10+ years. The only time I dump a flowering res is when I switch to r/o, for the last few days before harvest. Full and healthy pH swing, controlled by the plants eating nutes and you adding them back. It does require a tds/ec/ppm meter of some sort and works the most predictably well with pure r/o water as the base and top-off. I love simple. :D

:)

good looking out DC. that is essentially what we did this round, with the exception of a couple of res changes.

another big reason i want to switch is to give f&d a try for the first time. i've been growing dwc for a while now and have always been interested in trying out different systems.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
good looking out DC. that is essentially what we did this round, with the exception of a couple of res changes.

another big reason i want to switch is to give f&d a try for the first time. i've been growing dwc for a while now and have always been interested in trying out different systems.
Well, you're doing a great job so far. :peacock:

With F&D, you get a small pH swing in the root zone. It depends on how much water evaporates between floodings. Though it isn't much, it helps to keep it in mind as you're managing the res. ;)

Goats

Sorry for the lack of updates right at harvest time. The plants ended up taking 10 weeks so my vacation started before harvest. I've been in Amsterdam for a few weeks enjoying some great culture and some good buds :biggrin:

Anyways, spoke via text with my partner and he says everything is dry and has been trimmed and jarred.

Final weight was 15 zips of sticky. I'll be sure to get some dried bud shots when I get home this coming week. That's ~0.71 g/w. I'm happy and eager to get home and see how things are for myself.

That being said, I am hoping we can improve on this next run. I'll get pictures of the rainbow jones seedlings and PK clones that're on deck soon as well.

:tiphat:

Goats

few bud shots.

most of it is curing now, but i grabbed a jar to smoke in the meantime :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

just got back from vacation and the plants are a bit of a mess. with me gone and trimming to do, my buddy didn't pay a lot of attention to the plants and both rainbow jones have very visible thrip damage. the pk clones are also overgrowing the little area they're in and are in ugly shape as well. lol, the joys of no real veg area.
they'll all take a spinosad shower when i can get to the store and get some. still jatlagged as a mother fucker.

Goats

been really busy, but the plants got some much needed attention on sunday. sprayed the clones and seedlings. the thrip damage was visible but there weren't that many of them so hopefully a few sprays gets rid of them.

built a flood table stand and got the table into the tent along with the 4 clones and 2 seedlings. they're recovering under the mh now, and i'm sure really happy to be out of the humid mess they were in a few days ago with not enough light.

my partner initially didn't want a second tent, but asked about a veg tent today, so i think that will happen soon as we'll be taking cuts before flower, and i'd like to have established plants going into the larger tent as opposed to tiny seedlings/cuts going forward for speed's sake.

anyways, pics soon.

been smoking on the pk. it's a lot different now than the taster was. i'm getting less pure kushyness and more of a purple, fruityness with a kushy presence.

thanks for stopping in. :tiphat: