What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida Growing on the Flat Earth

CannaFunk

IMG_3761.JPG
Afghan? Morphology Appears to be spot on
IMG_3760.JPG
Huge Single Cola Covered in Resin
IMG_3762.JPG
Sisters in a 5 Gallon
IMG_3763.JPG
2 more Sisters in 5 Gallon
IMG_3764.JPG
Low Stress Training Bush that is in Reveg and in Mound
IMG_3765.JPG
Classic Looking Hybrid with Lemon Stank
IMG_3766.JPG
Shot of the mound
IMG_3767.JPG
Rosemary for Bugs and I love the smell, planted her right in the middle of the mound.

As far as Soil mix I am using Peat Moss, Vermiculite, Perlite, Potting Soil, Forest Compost (Hand Gathered), as well as Silt from a Pond nearby. Mr. B's Green Treez for Fertilizer.

Planted a bunch of seed in December and just harvested a small amount of early flowering plants,. Seeded and was able to pull 3-400 seeds off the early crop. I am now planting a bunch of the new seeds and they have an excellent germination rate so far.

From the early plants a few of the ones you see in the pics are revegging, I am happy because they are going to be huge if I give them space. All of the really nice females are seeded I would'nt say fully, but definitely laden.

Genetics were collected from bagseed in Florida, California, Montana, Massachusetts. All flavors and types, I also have some blue cheese seeds, and mexican brick seeds that seem to be very vigorous and possibly a good phenohunting opportunity.

Any questions feel free. I am looking to get Spanish and Canadian Genetics down here under FL sunlight to see what phenotypic variations can be expressed. OVERGROW Big Up Blaze FIRE

CannaFunk

Made some oil with a bunch of popcorn nug, came out excellent, better stone and flavor than the Cali Oil Im used too.

That being said tried some Purple Afghan Oil from Seattle that was easily some of the best Oil I have had.

CannaFunk

Little update, harvested almost 500 seeds already, popped 50 seeds a week ago and am going to pop another 50 this week and next.

I am currently digging 3x3 holes and getting ready to plant the reveged plants into the ground. I am going to have alot of starts to plant in the ground in a month or so, trying to get as many large holes prepped as possible.

Going to try different soil mixes and combinations in every hole. Really want to use this season as a learning experience.

The pic is of the mound plants that are bushing like crazy.

Going to be Utilizing Alot of Perlite and Vermiculite in my mixes,\

The plan is to openly pollinate all the strong females that are put in ground with as many strong males as possible,

I am going to try and produce 10,000+ Seed on this run.

Attachments

• IMG_3876.JPG
    IMG_3876.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 10

Buckeyebandit

here to see this one. i to grow here and dig holes for my smart pots so be interested in how they do for you. currently trying jamaican haze, hawaiian spice, ace panama x malawi and angola x malawi

CannaFunk

Definitely would love to run some Malawi crosses or landrace. Im going to be doing holes with mounds just so I have some height if it floods.

Im thinking for my next run growing some Texada Timewarp, Mango Haze, C99 x Durban, Mexican Thai Bx, ******s Jack, Malawi, and going to start traveling Florida and meet old heads to see if I can procure some Florida Heirlooms down here, there are strains down here growing in the swamps that people have no clue about.

Buckeyebandit

Definitely would love to run some Malawi crosses or landrace. Im going to be doing holes with mounds just so I have some height if it floods.

Im thinking for my next run growing some Texada Timewarp, Mango Haze, C99 x Durban, Mexican Thai Bx, ******s Jack, Malawi, and going to start traveling Florida and meet old heads to see if I can procure some Florida Heirlooms down here, there are strains down here growing in the swamps that people have no clue about.

i have some older malawi seeds from ace and african buzz from seedsman that is said to be a malawi gold. just dropped some destroyer x highland Guerrero x blueberry. next season i will pop the malawi and black panama with federation hawaiian sativa for a for a reproduction of them. i will also bust the boel Oaxacan for a repro of them as well. my second on the list would be the black poison= mozambique poison x panama black and the mozambique posion

the one that is illusive is the gainesville green.

CannaFunk

Update: Just wanted to show you guys and girls some pics of the updated mound. I have my other mounds planted and are doing well, will get some shots up of them in the next week.

Currently watering daily as Summer is in full swing and the plants are thirsty. Just had a rain and fertilized before.

Buckeye, seems we have similar interests as far as reproducing genetic lines. Id love to see/hear about your methodology and results.

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 10

CannaFunk

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 8

CannaFunk

The Gainesville Green is definitely on my list, haven't smoked it, but definitely would love to have that Sativa.

Buckeyebandit

yes man that gainesville green is a hard one to get in my hands. had the pleasure smoking it when i was there working but not lucky enough to score the beans. have a local trying to source them for me. fingers crossed

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always love the guerrilla grows. Gainsville green, that goes back to the seventies. Saw it listed in High Times never had it. Do not think it made it's way out to California.

CannaFunk

I have a connect down here who is an old head from New-England, lived down here for 30 plus years, going to see if he has any contacts as far as seed or cuts.

The Black Haze [(NL #5/HAZE)? (Mango Haze Pheno)? (PiFF)?] is something Id like to get my hands on, or create if I can find the lines. It is smoke I used to get from Miami back in the day, the Cubans who knew how to grow it and allow it to finish fully and cure properly produced the finest smoke I've had to this day. California, Montana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Costa, no other place has shown me Cannabis with such a cerebral, soaring, long lasting high that also gave physical relief and extreme ocular dilation and contraction. Ceiling less high and flavors so thick All the other bitches get jealous.

Just heard Bodhi taling about how it was his favorite Haze on the Adam Dunn Show.

Heard from my old friend that the real deal is the Gainesville Red

Last edited:

CannaFunk

Raining, 100% Humidity, 95degrees feels like 150,

Raining, 100% Humidity, 95degrees feels like 150,

Some more pics, going to really see what I can do as far as prepping tons of smaller hole for my later starts. Currently excited to see the growth really taking off, the girls are definitely hungry and the male needs to be put in ground soon as well.

So far so good with the beans I made, Im excited to see the variation in the cross I made. Going to Bx the new plants with the 1st Generation Male Im growing. As well as selecting a few males from the progeny.

Attachments

• Full Sun After Rain.jpg
    Full Sun After Rain.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 12
  • LST, Topped, Supercropped.jpg
    LST, Topped, Supercropped.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Tall Girl.jpg
    Tall Girl.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Hashy Plant.jpg
    Hashy Plant.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Twins Revegging.jpg
    Twins Revegging.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 8

CannaFunk

The Lemon plant is taking off, had very little growth to start its Reveg, but has overtaken all others.

Attachments

• Revegging.jpg
    Revegging.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Male (2).jpg
    Male (2).jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Male.jpg
    Male.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Lemon.jpg
    Lemon.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 11
  • Lemon Pheno.jpg
    Lemon Pheno.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 13

CannaFunk

Love where I grow

Attachments

• Revegging.jpg
    Revegging.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Top Half of this Plant Ready for Harvest, Bottom Half Vegging.jpg
    Top Half of this Plant Ready for Harvest, Bottom Half Vegging.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Ripening.jpg
    Ripening.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Nature.jpg
    Nature.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Medicine.jpg
    Medicine.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 10

CannaFunk

Couple pics of the Lemon bush Reveg and the Hashplant thats in full swing veg now.

Attachments

• Hashplant.jpg
    Hashplant.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Lemon 2.jpg
    Lemon 2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Lemon.jpg
    Lemon.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 8

CannaFunk

Found a Coconut tree no one has touched in 10+ years that has tons of starts growing around it, and a gigantic coco pile. Grabbed 1 for my mound and threw her on in as a companion like the rosemary.

Rains have been falling, and plants are thriving, in need of worms and more Mr. B's Green Treez.

Built up some forest humus top dressing 4+inches on the mounds and topped with 4+ inches of semi decomposed leaves for mulch.

Going to let plants get a full day of sun today and then do a deep watering as the rains just penetrated the topsoils first 3-4inches.

Im going to let my male run through the females next few days, hes bursting, the ladies are early but id rather be early than late.

Overall going to see what comes of this first run, and hopefully all the starts I have going now can provide some late season bumpers. Found 4 new plots that beg to be planted, might try amended native soil and add coco and some aeration/waterholding component, minimal $$$ and trips carrying supplies.

Basically thinking collect a ton of the Humus (Over a wide area) in the forest im working in and mix with Vermiculite, Perlite, Rice Hulls, Biocharr, and Organic Fertilizer. Top dress with compost and mulch and leave it to the rains.

Question for dealing with slugs? Has anyone used crushed glass around the plants stalks? Thanks, I know beer works.

Attachments

• IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg