What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'Single largest dismissal of convictions in US history': How one crooked lab chemist

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
'Single largest dismissal of convictions in US history': How one crooked lab chemist 'Little Annie' has forced Massachusetts to toss up to 24,000 drug cases

$50m criminal justice crisis that has seen THOUSANDS wrongly convicted

• Former drug lab chemist Annie Dookhan worked testing drug samples submitted by law enforcement agencies from 2003 to 2012
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...likely-toss-thousands-tainted-drug-cases.html

armedoldhippy

Veteran
sad thing is, this has probably happened all over the country. damn lab workers think they are supposed to be on the prosecutors side instead of being strictly neutral fact-finders. unfortunately, lots of judges have the same damn problem. they work hand in hand with LEO & prosecutors insted of being fair...

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
holy fuck...the most impressive part is that leo caught her and rectified. They could have fired her and kept all her bullshit "testing" under wraps.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I remember reading about this and thought it was another long shot that was just gonna end up pissing me off more than if I never even knew about it, but every now and then the sun shines on a dogs ass. I'm stoked for all those that'll walk because this. It does turn my attention to those in other states and countries that have been screwed but will never see justice because of something like this.

Like bomb360 said they probably could have just as easily swept this under the rug.

We all know what we're willing to do or how far we're willing to go, but when the system proves itself to be flawed so often, does it even matter how far someone's willing to go? Proceed with caution.

Edit: armedoldhippy I kinda stole your thought I guess! Sorry.

dufous

They were trying to sweep it under the rug. The ACLU went to court and got an order forcing the attorney general to make decision.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
They were trying to sweep it under the rug. The ACLU went to court and got an order forcing the attorney general to make decision.

It figures; it would have been too good-natured of leo to admit wrong doing, hence why I was impressed.

Thanks for adding that "little" fact which is missing from the article.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Im surprised that none of her victims have sued her personally for what she did.
What bothered me quite a bit about this mess is that many people seemed to only be concerned about "guilty people" being released and not those who were wrongly convicted by her deceptions.