What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the journey of an urban gorilla

master kusher

let me start off by saying that Im definitely looking for any advice or suggestions. I only have 37 feminized seeds 10 reg and 17 autoflowering seeds...none the less should still produce quite a bit of bud. as far as autoflowering goes I have tilled a 9 by 9 foot spot so I will throw down some of the "exotic strains there, and the 10 mixed seeds will be thrown into a field that has plants growing to 5 ft tall by the time the autos should be harvested the 37 feminized will be broken up into 3 or (4 locations hopefully).. so the risk per site is lessened...for the photoperiods I will be using polymer crystals and bone/blood meal as ammendments and blood meal as a top dressing....might not even dig a hole for autoflowers as the surrounding plants grew 5 ft no problem with no big holes or any special fert.s I plan on putting them out late march early april so I can get some big trees:plant grow: all the genetics are good but seriously trying to get more seeds...with just a month or 2 left before germ/start of the season Im getting ready to prepare plenty this weekend....HOPEFULLY just maybe Ill be able to pan some bud out of all this effort/investment:biggrin::laughing:

You could grow the autos outside and just grow the regular seeds indoors in search of keeper genetics. When you find the best plants you can make them into mother plants and then take as many clones as you need from them. You only need one mother for each strain you have. The benefit in doing this is all of your plants will be a genetic duplicate of your best plants and you will have no variation. Also keep in mind that not all of your seeds will pop, so plan to grow less plants then seeds you have if you sprout them all.

master kusher

most of the time I get a 9/10 germ rate or better..I want to grow autoflowers as july and august are drought months for me with around 2 inchs or less in rain per month and the temps soaring into the triple digits during the day time would make watering a pain in the ass. urban part of the guerilla includes searching google maps for natural openings in public parks or land where there is no nearby trails or signs of human life(by nearby I mean like within 20-50 yards of the grow but since there are houses everywhere there will be humans inhabiting land within maybe 150 yards from the grow.

D

Dioni

You better make sure there are no coons around using blood meal as a top dressing, they will F up your shit pretty quick. Those little hands will rip your plants out and keep digging for the rest of your bone and blood meal!

I was Gorilla for 20 years before I came in out of the cold! :biggrin:

I don't know where your at but March and April might be a bit early....I use to put out June 1 and July 1 and do just fine.

Depending on your location your plants might start to flower in March and April and then go back to veg and then to flower again = a big waste of time money and energy!

Last edited:

master kusher

You better make sure there are no coons around using blood meal as a top dressing, they will F up your shit pretty quick. Those little hands will rip your plants out and keep digging for the rest of your bone and blood meal!

I was Gorilla for 20 years before I came in out of the cold! :biggrin:

I don't know where your at but March and April might be a bit early....I use to put out June 1 and July 1 and do just fine.

Depending on your location your plants might start to flower in March and April and then go back to veg and then to flower again = a big waste of time money and energy!
funny you mention that, because I bout some humbolt sour diesel seeds and they actually did that to me. I dont think I will have a problem as autos have a set life cycle so I dont think they will start to flower based on the number of hours of light.

master kusher

seed run before a bud run is practical imo I have some sweet seeds/buddha seeds auto fem crosses (so the product is also auto fem) some names I've came up with for some of my strains are sour candy and purple momba, but honestly I'm probably going to take anything purple and call it purple momba :p

ManyManySpliffs

seed run before a bud run is practical imo I have some sweet seeds/buddha seeds auto fem crosses (so the product is also auto fem) some names I've came up with for some of my strains are sour candy and purple momba, but honestly I'm probably going to take anything purple and call it purple momba :p

Otayyyyy... :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

master kusher

lol not too many big trees but I do have one confirmed female(because it's feminized) and I think it's close to 5 ft and hasn't really even started to flower yet. and about 4 or 5 others that aren't as big. :/ But seeing as the sun is still strong this time of the year I figure I still have time to get more out there.

master kusher

Things are looking bright, but it was a bitch hauling the 4 5 gallon buckets to the grow spot.
2 of which were dispensary seeds and the other 2 were confirmed bag seed females all were around 10"-14" tall. Plan on taking plenty more out there, but hopefully in smaller containers, and better equipped.

master kusher

Got my waders in today super stoked, sad to say, but I can't use them as I don't have anything ready to transplant. Got a lot of seedling and germinating more.

RedACD

How are the autos holding up?

Its been extra hot in my part of the world too and wondering how the plants are taking the heat.

steasy88

Sounds like u should have a good crop this year with all the different strains u got going on keep us updated all the best

master kusher

I haven't went out to water or check on them in a week or two, but I'm not too worried as I only watered I think once or twice this season and haven't had a problem. (it's been a lovely growing season receiving frequent rain and bright hot sunny days. (today being one of them).

master kusher

to cope with the heat I have started them off in jiffy peat pellet pot thingys in green houses indoors. Some have died but some have lived. getting ready to transplant them also am cloning plenty. outdoors the sunny days are good just hope it's not to hot as I don't go out to water.

How urban are you? I once grew late planted mini's in an industrial area of a very urban city. A big patch of grass surrounded by factories with thousands of workers each day but was dead silent at night as the factories/businesses were closed and there was no housing at all.

I have pulled off similar grows and always picked very easy access grow sites no more than 50 feet off a road way. Funny thing is the only time I ever got ripped was when I tried a very rural grow.

people dont seem to look for cannabis in urban settings as no one expects it to be grown there. Rippers scower the cornfields and rural back roads/backyards like crazy but they'd never think to look in a spot thousands of people pass by everyday.

goodluck on ur grow

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How urban are you? I once grew late planted mini's in an industrial area of a very urban city. A big patch of grass surrounded by factories with thousands of workers each day but was dead silent at night as the factories/businesses were closed and there was no housing at all.

I have pulled off similar grows and always picked very easy access grow sites no more than 50 feet off a road way. Funny thing is the only time I ever got ripped was when I tried a very rural grow.

people dont seem to look for cannabis in urban settings as no one expects it to be grown there. Rippers scower the cornfields and rural back roads/backyards like crazy but they'd never think to look in a spot thousands of people pass by everyday.

goodluck on ur grow

True. And with autos, no one really thinks it's cannabis. Have scattered seeds on the periphery of a park that has sprinklers....nice!

master kusher

I live in the saburb.s; so it's not like New York, There is open free land available. Wondering if I should transplant the peat pots straight out doors. They are already in a window seal and are 1.5" in diameter I think.(this would be the most low risk stealthy and easiest method of transplant if done right imo.)

Latest posts

Latest posts