What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Genetics - Headbanger

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Plants look excellent fonzee i have just soaked seeds for my first grow.
The are Sour mantis (mantis x headbanger) by trichome jungle seeds.
Never heard of "Mantis", what is it?
Your girls need some AC!!!!
I wish I could use one :-/
They are alone in the attic and heating the place up is way too costly. They will be moved to the bigger grow room soon.

G

Ghostdawg

Hi fonzee mantis is (nap x haze x santa maria ) nap is like old school hindu kush

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Day 89 of veg, these were vegging way way too long. SCROGed them and in a few days, once regaining full grow speed, they will be flipped to flowering.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10 - 23_11_15.jpg
    10 - 23_11_15.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 23

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
So, let's get this journal up to date

A screen was stretched over the plants to form a SCROG and the girls were trained to fit in nicely for almost a week and today they go into flower :plant grow::plant grow::plant grow:

Growth rate gone back to normal after some compost tea application (drench + foliar spray), kelp water and mycorhizza drenching.

Bottom growth was cut to limit the number of colas forming and to allow better air circulation. I hope I will have enough height to work with...

Let the stretch begin :-D

attachment.php

Attachments

• 11 - 29_11_15 flowering day 0.jpg
    11 - 29_11_15 flowering day 0.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
A week went by and plants started stretching.
At the beginning the 600W (+10% from the digital ballast) light was put 30cm from the center of the bulb to the canopy. As the stretching commenced a few stray tops were pushed back below the screen to create an even canopy. As the canopy got denser and more level I could lower the light to 20-25cm from the canopy.

Now that I'm happy with how dense the canopy is I want to stretch the branches 20cm above the screen, not much left for that.
The final goal is 30cm tall buds as fat as possible and it seems to be going quite well so far.

The gals are drinking about 2L each every 2-3 days. Every second (and sometimes third) watering I give the plant plain rain water that sit in a 300L tank with a big purplish quartz crystal for positive energy supplies.
Once every 2-3 waterings I aim for an ACT (aerated compost tea) or a PFE (plant fermented extract) or another booster to keep the plants strong and powerful.
Made some comfrey PFE that should be a nice feature during advanced flowering along with humic acids and forest floor compost based ACT.

Pictures will follow later :tiphat:

Thanks for tuning in,
-Fonzee

DJXX

Veteran
nice nice nice...gonna be some fire in there....i love Headbanger....especially if you get a SD IBL leaning phenotype..mine is just delicious.....gonna be insane in a few weeks...beauty grow, the girls look oh so happy....Respect..DJXX

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
1 Week of flowering

I got about 15 more cm of stretch I could easily work with. Around 10 more days or vertical growth so I think it is going to be mighty fine :peacock:

Side view:
attachment.php

Over view:
attachment.php

Headbanger closeup:
attachment.php

nice nice nice...gonna be some fire in there....i love Headbanger....especially if you get a SD IBL leaning phenotype..mine is just delicious.....gonna be insane in a few weeks...beauty grow, the girls look oh so happy....Respect..DJXX
Thanks so much DJXX, glad you like it so far :)

Attachments

• 12 - 7_12_5.jpg
    12 - 7_12_5.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 13 - 7_12_5.jpg
    13 - 7_12_5.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 14 - 7_12_5 Headbanger closeup.jpg
    14 - 7_12_5 Headbanger closeup.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 23

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Day 12 of flowering

Until now the light was around 12-20cm from the tops which burnt some leaves and budsite but kept the stretch down.
I believe the worst part of the stretch is over so I pulled the 600W light to 30cm above the canopy to promote the final stretch (can't risk too compact tops as humidity was quite high lately) and finish with the cooked leafs and tops.

The babes got only clear water since last update once every 2-3 days.
For the next watering I got a comfrey FPE that should be ready.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 15 - 11_12_15.jpg
    15 - 11_12_15.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 16 - 11_12_15.jpg
    16 - 11_12_15.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 22

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Yesterday
Soil was dry so 6-7 hours before lights on I made a 20L batch of tea with humic acids, nettles and comfrey FPEs and mycorhizza.
When the lights went up I gave 10L of the tea and runoff started flowing yet the soil wasn't wet enough (hysteresis) so I grabbed a chair, chopped and rolled a joint. Every 15-20 minutes I added 150-300ml of water to each pot and there was barely any runoff.
Started smoking the (jacks cleaner #2) joint, enjoying life. Good time. Had some time to spend so I micromanaged the screen and now most tops are even in height.
Then I realized that I got everything needed to make automated watering happen, which would solve my water issue. How did I not do that before?...
So went ahead, removed the previous plastic chips from the dripper puncher, cut a 50-60cm long 16mm pipe and rigged 10x 2L/h Netafim drippers (straight from Israel!).
I had a 2500 L/h water pump in a rez nearby so I cleaned it up a bit, put the pump in a pantyhose for big solids filtering and added a proper solids filter to the rig.
Hooked everything to its place with twisty and added the small tubings to release the water from the drippers in 2 opposite sides of the pots.
Checked the outflow today and with 30 minutes of watering marked 850ml water output per dripper. Each plant got 2 drippers meaning each plant gets 1700ml (1.7L) water per day from now on.
That should solve the hysteresis problem :)

Next step is fine tuning to get just a tiny tiny bit of runoff, that would probably require a digital timer instead of the cheap analog timer I currently use.

Hope not to forget the plants now that I don't need to water them bidaily, :laughing:

Looks nice and green n healthy ...!!!...
Thanks man :-D

-Fonzee

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Day 18 flowering

Space is getting tight. Only got 7-10 more cm to raise the light :-/
Plants got a compost tea + sprouted seed tea drench.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 18 - 17_12_15.jpg
    18 - 17_12_15.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 17 - 17_12_15.jpg
    17 - 17_12_15.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 20

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking forwards to seeing them fill in! That's going to be one really nice canopy!!! :respect:

dank.Frank

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Plant got too high for the tent so I had to bend them back down yesterday, 22 days flowering, which is far too late by my book. I hope they'l bounce back quick.
The drippers work well keeping the soil very moist. With the smart pots I think it's a good idea.
Buds really grew into each other so I had to take off some fan leaves and put a second 16" fan below the canopy to avoid molds and shits :puke:

How long to the bangers stretch for?

Looking forwards to seeing them fill in! That's going to be one really nice canopy!!! :respect:

dank.Frank
Me too my man, me too...
Thanks for dropping by mr frank :tiphat:

What a good forest you have there mate. They look healthy and happy, may god bless your hands.

Vibes.
Thank you very much sir :)
Just popped another flowering cycle 2 days ago, I hope it would be as good but a bit shorter.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Day 27 of flowering:

Overview:
attachment.php

Headbangers:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

SSSDH x GD:
attachment.php