What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yes, I know higher temps are ideal but that's what I have to work with. Even though it's a smaller space it's still the while footprint of the house. The temps definitely warm up down there with the seasons changing which is nice but that also brings on the threat of PM like Seafour mentioned. Last summer with all the rain we had I ran into that issue so I'm a big fan of keeping the air flowing and humidity as low as I can all things considered.

Thanks for the input though, I do what I can.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
This past summer I had PM on plants around the house outside. Plenty of airflow around and sunshine too. Last summer was just like that, shit happens.

*Edit* I did open up the partitions and turn on the oscillating fan again for more airflow. It's been raining here quite a bit lately and the forecast is only calling for more. Keep 'em healthy, keep 'em clean.

Last edited:

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
PM can survive in all conditions... There are many many strains... spread by airborne spore...
It has survived on this planet since pre history and can come in from your fresh air intake... on your pets... on your clothes... best bet... dont give it conditions to thrive.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sup whodat? hows things going down in the crawlspace...

as for the humidity issue, somehting i've been battling in my room, and the humidity & pH thing....
optimal environmental conditions for PM are one thing... but the PM existing in the growroom environment is different than the PM existing INSIDE the plant.
is that sap pH over 6.2 and u never get Pm thing true? personally i believe so, because super healthy happy plants just dont get PM,
i've had pm growing just outside the growroom but within 10 feet of ganja garden on yardplants and veggies (especially cucumbers & squash!) and the cannabis never shows even a white ashy dusty looking fingerprint of PM...
just my experience
IF i could, i'd keep my growroom humidity up around 65 % all thru veg an into the 4/5th week of flowering, then draw it back a lil as flowering finishes.

I'm thinking of some home-made pond fogger humidifiers in the room... have always wanted to tackle the issue of low humidity....

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
With all this rain we've been getting the humidity is around low 50s%. Even in Summit County with humidity so low that it wouldn't read on the thermometer I wasn't worried about it. Main concern is with keeping the plants as healthy as possible this round to ward off the PM. I know the spores have to be present down there, how in the hell would they not be right? Fingers crossed. I have to get my ACT game up and running again as well. Thanks for checking in fellahs :yes:

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
we're watching the creeks for flooding... last night aurora got almost 2 inches of rain within 20 minutes...

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I don't need to worry about flooding so much where I'm at. A mudslide in the backyard would be a realer thing to worry about.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Today is day 66 of flower. They are coming down either tomorrow or the next, just letting them dry out and wilt a little before the chizzop.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Holy shit it's been awhile since an update with pictures! My bad, gonna play catchup really quick.

The following are the LD x A11G F4 Bhodi testers

5/2/15
picture.php

5/11/15
picture.php

5/22/15
picture.php

6/15/15
picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I keep saying I'm going to chop down the glue but I have backed it up another day til tomorrow. As they've gotten towards the end they don't seem to be using up water at nearly the same rate. I wanted to let them dry out some and wilt before the chop to shorten drying time.

All the below are GG4

5/11/15 - Almost 5 weeks

picture.php

5/13/15
picture.php

5/18/15 - Almost 6 weeks
picture.php

5/24/15 - Day 45
picture.php

6/3/15 - Day 57
picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I definitely did better this round compared to the first run. I knew what to expect, how she grew, and monocropping really helped smooth things out. This was hands down the easiest, hands free grow I've ever had. That's not to say that I'm anywhere near the potential of this strain though. Always room for improvement. :yes:

6/8/15 - Day 62
picture.php

6/8/15 - Day 62
picture.php

Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin' good WDI! That round does look nice. maybe some day I'll get a try at her.

Took my first clones last night, so I'm starting down that path of discovery. so hopefully I'll be ready if the opportunity ever presents.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good, quality is proper....
imo
with those vert bare bulbs
the plants COULD have gone taller, bulb puts out a 4 ft TALL canopy when flipped vertical. I know u r in small confined space (low low ceilings), but still could veg a tad longer and get more out of your lites & growspace & plants.
ime
growing with vert bare bulbs is great
flowering really enhances yeilds due to increased size of canopy
but in veg it can contort plants and grow them bushier rather than taller... even when i vegged with vert bare bulbs i would pull the plants up above the canopy, and eventually even started vegging under horizontal bulbs until just a week or 2 before the flip into flowering.

bigups whodatis, def glue-ing it up.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Thanks for stopping in guys. Thanks for the tips too avinash. I veg horizontal as long as I can and then throw them down there around the vertical bulb. I tried to get them as tall as I could without them topping out and hitting the subfloor, definitely better this time height wise. This was a better run hands down but there is always certainly room for improvement. I think I'm sticking around this house for awhile yet too so I'm hoping to get at least two glues out in my baby greenhouse for my first outdoor experience (one attempt years back in NC doesn't count). I want to do a side by side comparison with a traditional organic container and one in my tower garden to see how they do. Hell, I'd like to even test them both at the end to see actual lab results but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. We'll see. Dare to dream?

I just chopped all the glues down an hour ago too. Harvesting is bitter sweet....and I hate trimming. :yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I finally got around to freeing up enough space to move the plants out of my small little closet. I got one of these nice shelving units from a big box store and wrapped it part way with panda plastic and hung up my 4 bulb T8 light in there. So much nicer to have more room vertically to keep vegging them bigger. Picked up this model, I'm sure everybody has seen one at one point or another.

672763103160.jpg

Here's what 2 days can do to hanging plants too

6/16

picture.php

6/18 - Don't mind the green headlamp light, helped the camera focus in the dark

picture.php

The girls in their new home. Forest Gump GG4 clones on the left, Bhodi testers on the right.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts