What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First grow in 10 years.

HOVAH2.0

When I used Coco I would make a 25 gallon tub of nukes then dip each pot into the tub, and let each drain above the tub.. ie manual flood and drain.
You can cut down on waterings this way. Why i stop the Coco thing, too much watering.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
When I used Coco I would make a 25 gallon tub of nukes then dip each pot into the tub, and let each drain above the tub.. ie manual flood and drain.
You can cut down on waterings this way. Why i stop the Coco thing, too much watering.

Would you reuse the nutrients, or would that 25 gallon just be for one watering? I feel sketchy using my mixed nutrients more than 24 hours after mixing them. Had some stuff that would turn rank after a day or two. The GH doesnt seem too though, I kept a gallon of old stuff for like 5 days and it didnt smell weird at all. pH looked fine too, so not sure if I'm just be superstitious.

Just watered her with 5mL calmag, 5mL FNBloom, 2mL KB, 1mL FL+ at 5.9 pH and had run of of pH 6.0. Was nice that one gallon gave run off finally. Past few days has been taking like 1.5 to get there, finally got her on the every day watering now without wasting that other .5 gallon of leftover nutes.
Gonna monitor tent temperatures much more closely tomorrow when the lights are off. Think I will buy a tiny heater for it, even with the heat on in my house I think it may have dropped down to 65 today actually.
She is looking better though, and I will stop posting so damn much now and hopefully get some nice picture updates here soon.

Thank you all so much for the input, has really helped me and got me to finally get the pH meter I was putting off for far too long.
Peace
:smoke:

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Yeah, soil is what I was gonna go with initially, but got this coco stuff and didnt know better. Treated it like soil at first till I learned it's very different. Now I'm stuck with this girl in coco, but I'm actually liking it. It's cost more money than I was planning on, but I have damn near every tool I would ever need now.
Now I can mess around with other stuff and kinda experiment with others. A lot of fun to be had in the up coming grows.

Looked up the water quality report of my local tap water. Not sure if its considered bad or not, but shits horrible to drink. (Don't believe the low ppm report on it. I know theres Ca and Mg in it but it's not listed for some reason. Will find out when I get the ppm meter.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 9

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like how they say your barium is right at 2000 mcl thats the exact upper limit that any higher the epa should be involved... lol

papaduc

Veteran
I like how they say your barium is right at 2000 mcl thats the exact upper limit that any higher the epa should be involved... lol

No, that's the figure below which there is no known risk to health. The actual ppm reading is next to it.

The MCLG is 2000ppm, the actual amount in the water is 28-41ppm.

papaduc

Veteran
On the bright side though, it just shows you what a varied diet your plants have when you give them some nice fresh tap water.

To add to your NPK, and your cal mag, your plants are getting barium, chromium, some bromate, a tiny bit of lead, and a dash of arsenic. They'll love you for that.

Plus the uranium comes from the erosion of natural deposits. So your radioactivity is all organic.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
very interesting. Maybe Ill have to experiment with added some tap water as a bit of a supplement for my distilled. We'll get a definite answer on whether I should use it or not in a week when I get that ppm meter.
It sounds lame, but Im so excited to go home tonight and whip another batch of feed using that new pH meter. So easy to use, and I dont even have to waste any to do the test, unlike the old shaker test.

That and I got another thermometer today that has a probe attached so I can monitor night time temps outside of the tent. 5 days and she'll look like nothing ever happened.

SUCCESS!!

Thanks guys!!!!!!!

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran

Not sure which thermometer I should trust. I have 2 mondi and one different one that I bought today. One mondi read 86, the other 80, and the different brand 77.8. Not sure why the two mondi ones are acting so weird, I put them on the same string right next to each other haning in the canopy, and htey had a 6 degree difference. Weirder yet, they switched. At first one read, higher, then the other did. Must be the way their positioned in the canopy or something.

attachment.php

Clones are doing great. Seeing new growth starting to really speed up now, and roots are just coin out all over. I only have one that's yet to root. I'm not worried about it if it doesnt, but I'd really like to get 100% on my first go. 80% is really awesome though!

attachment.php

This is fun

Attachments

• IMAG0619.jpg
    IMAG0619.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0616-1.jpg
    IMAG0616-1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0613.jpg
    IMAG0613.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 11

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
All is well. The new growth is coming out nice and lush. This doesnt feel like work at all when I get to stare at her.
I LOVE growing, I can't believe I ever stopped. This is worth everything, every dollar so far. I could do this all day everyday non stop and never really get tired of it. pH pen has made mixing nurtrnets so much easier and much more dialed into her now I feel.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0637.jpg
    IMAG0637.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0635.jpg
    IMAG0635.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 10
  • og day 61
    og day 61
    106.3 KB · Views: 27

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
No ec on the tap water yet. Amazon hasnt sent out the ppm pen yet, not sure why. The fan I ordered at the same time should be here later today.
Feeding her pretty much the same, just have temperature much more stabilizied in the night time now.
In order of mixing into Distilled water:
1)5mL CalMag (0.2 ec)
2)5mL General Hydroponica FloraNova Bloom (1.0 ec)
3)2mL General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom(0.14 ec)
4)1mL General Hydroponics Floralioious + (?.?? ec)

All the ec are values established in distilled water and as provided by the manufacturer. Will have a more definite reading when the meter comes.

attachment.php

Transplanted my first clone into about a 1 gal pot today. Wasn't sure if she'd devolped enough roots to transplant yet. I was pleasantly surprised. Almost a little too much.

Attachments

• IMAG0638.jpg
    IMAG0638.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 11

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
attachment.php

Everything is going very well still, definitely got whatever was going on before under control now. I bought a box fan the other day and hung it up above the canopy to keep heat from the lights down. Working a lot better than the other one I had, and cleans up the floor space.

attachment.php

I've just noticed a few possible nanners, I'm hoping its just my eyes playing tricks on me and its a actually just a tiny leaf tip starting to emerge. Its kinda right in the center of the photo, to the right of the top of the plant top.

Attachments

• IMAG0650.jpg
    IMAG0650.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0651-1.jpg
    IMAG0651-1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 11

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Man, I know. She'd be at least 5 foot tall right now. She's already a solid 3 feet now, and I tied her down at least a foot. If I hadn't she wouldnt of sent that lower growth into high gear and would've used that energy to grow even taller. Think if I left her alone she wouldnt even really fit in the tent by herself with the base of the pot. She's filling in sooooooo nice right now. Very frosty, and getting nice and fat. I swear I can tell a descernable difference each and every day. So glad all the clones took so well. I think I;m gonna keep her around for awhile. Definitely worth the price I paid for the oz the seed came in lol.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Just noticed this while I was going around moving some ties on the plant. I thought at first it was a weird scar from the tying, but this is in a spot where I didnt tie it down. Its raised off the stalk, and brownish on the outside. I scratched at it and the outer brown came off, but the bump is still there. I was thinking about taking a razor blade and cutting it off to get a better look at it to try and figure out what the hell it is. I also noticed it on a branch where the node was coming out, but there was a tie down there, and I figured it was just scar tissue. Really weird looking.
attachment.php

I just went looking through the infirmary, and it almost looks like it could possibly be scale. I'm not sure how the hell I'd be getting that indoors, but I dont know what else it could be at this moment. Ill kepp looking around. Really weird. Ill post a pic of where it happened on that one node.

**update**
Ahh, ok, think I figured it out. I scratched it off and it was all green, smelt like lettuce kinda. Pretty sure its just where another branch rubbed up against it at one point. My bad. Took a fat dab when I got home and have been soo spacey. Been trying to water her for 2 hours now, holy shit, lol.

Attachments

• IMAG0655.jpg
    IMAG0655.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: