What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yogurt Cup Challenge

azimut

Weekly up-date!

During a small part of the night...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

But the day time :

Sunny!

October, 07 :

To be continued
:tiphat:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
goodlooking everyone!
weedcurious looks like the farthest one along, lots of stretch to kick off flower there...
azimut, nice to see a seedling coming up isn't it?
small time, glad to see some new styles being used
and snype.... sorry to hear that bud, hope u stick around to judge and comment along the way...
also bigups glory, happy that u made it in this round again. surely the exp. from last round will help this time...

so
finally
I'm in:
picture.php

2 plants in yogis as of right now. one flo clone, one seedling of drizella f2 I made earlier this year. (drizella = (cindy99 x white widow) x (cindy99 x romulon) from dynasty seeds) this is the first time im running the drizella f2, I have about 10 others in cups, decided to give one a try in a yogi.
I have more clones rooting now, hoping to fill all 5 of my allowed yogi cups...

:tiphat:

Weekly check in time! I think stretch is about done now, but had to super crop all three to keep them under the lights, one tip of one fan leaf scorched afterward, but otherwise It think they'll be happy now.

Interesting observation. I have a group of 5 (clones, same mother) a week further along, the difference is they were all topped before I put them in, they're a little 'branchy' but manageable and they're staying well under the lights.

Here's the girls!

picture.php

L

lemongrove

Back in the game

Back in the game

After an aborted initial attempt to root a clone in a seed started mix, the clone wilted badly, I'm up and running again. I put the clone in my bubble cloner in the hope that it would revive and root.

It took a little bit longer than I expected for my cutting to root but it finally did. The roots were nice and long and very healthy looking. It was a little disconcerting putting those nice roots in such a small container but it worked out.
It looks a little worse for wear but it will pick up. I'm doing a little hempy bucket grow. I've never done a hempy bucket grow so I thought it would be fun to do it for this challenge. It took a couple of small rockwool cubes and pulled them apart into smaller bits and lined the bottom and side of the cup with the bits. I inserted the

rockwool cube that held the cutting in the lined cup. I fed it with Dyna-Gro nutrients using their first week recommendations for a drain to waste system.
By the way I'm loving the entries so far. A lot of talented growers.:tiphat:

tinyhort

Here's my weekly check in ... C99 growin', also adding a Tangerine Dream clone this week ... might be a push for that one to finish on time, we'll see.

C99:

picture.php

Tangerine Dream:

picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice pics yall,
sorry to hear that veek,
i just put 3 more clones in yogis, update with pics soon.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

left to right: Flo (temple cut) clone, kens bay 11 (could be a male) clone from unsexed plant, blue heron clone, drizella bx seed (my own bx), buddah's sister clone.

so mostly clones for me, altho the bay 11 is a clone of an unsexed plant from seed, so it could be a male.... and the drizella bx, who knows...
all are potted in a various mixtures of peat and perlite.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
View Image
left to right: Flo (temple cut) clone, kens bay 11 (could be a male) clone from unsexed plant, blue heron clone, drizella bx seed (my own bx), buddah's sister clone.

so mostly clones for me, altho the bay 11 is a clone of an unsexed plant from seed, so it could be a male.... and the drizella bx, who knows...
all are potted in a various mixtures of peat and perlite.
what u feeding them? looking nice.

G

gloryoskie

Here she is, after the stretch, doubled the height:

picture.php

Feeding twice a day, coco hempy, maxibloom and protect.

Almost ready with my new growbox, a little bigger, vert 150w hps.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what u feeding them? looking nice.
thanks bug, yours is looking beautiful!
they all got hit with canna start so far and some seaweed, will be getting botanicare pbp this round i believe, will update on that.
were under t5's with the clones, now they are in the slant light of my 1ks, probably will remain there untill finished

there is a chance i may turn this whole thing into a pollen chuck, letting one male live and skeet skeet on the 3 or 4 remaining females, could be fun.

I hate drama filled weeks but how else do you learn? My cheap ph meter went on the blink and instead of doubting the meter, I thought a plant was acting up. I then compounded the problem by adding way too much acid (vinegar). Once on a roll, I missed that the small pump was causing major heat problems. I lost a 15" grapefruit and and 16" Resin bomb. I managed to save the yogurt cups, but barely. The bad roots regrew, but then I found I wasn't using enough nitrogen (6-15-8, so switched to 20-20-20) and one plant was having a hard time. Because I'm experimenting by running five different trains at once, I found a few needed more hands on care than other ones.

Mini rant. I lost three meters that went bad because the cheap Chinese meters don't explain to use 4.01 or 7.01 solution in the cap when not in use. After reading up on $200 meters, I saw the chinese instructions weren't good ones. More or less set and forget, without the need of wetting solution. I now have a back bottle of r-0004. Plus the wetting solutions. Because my quadriplegia has allowed me to lose the meter in the tank a few times, I went with a better cheap one with a separate meter and sensor. Live and learn.

The first picture is Bogglegum at three weeks from popping. Second is a Female Seeds grab bag #1

picture.php

The second picture is

FS BS #2, Iced grapefruit, and FS BS #3.

picture.php

Here is a week after the accident showing the rapid comeback of the cloned grapefruit.

picture.php

Roots

picture.php

And here is a change to the cups. The first trial was using a 1/2 hole for the roots, and the second was missing the bottom (now the top) completely. Wouldn't ya know it the best for ease of pulling out the plant, and retaining the pool noodle for holding onto the stem, was leaving a 1/4" ledge around the outside.

picture.php

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate drama filled weeks but how else do you learn? My cheap ph meter went on the blink and instead of doubting the meter, I thought a plant was acting up. I then compounded the problem by adding way too much acid (vinegar). Once on a roll, I missed that the small pump was causing major heat problems. I lost a 15" grapefruit and and 16" Resin bomb. I managed to save the yogurt cups, but barely. The bad roots regrew, but then I found I wasn't using enough nitrogen (6-15-8, so switched to 20-20-20) and one plant was having a hard time. Because I'm experimenting by running five different trains at once, I found a few needed more hands on care than other ones.

Mini rant. I lost three meters that went bad because the cheap Chinese meters don't explain to use 4.01 or 7.01 solution in the cap when not in use. After reading up on $200 meters, I saw the chinese instructions weren't good ones. More or less set and forget, without the need of wetting solution. I now have a back bottle of r-0004. Plus the wetting solutions. Because my quadriplegia has allowed me to lose the meter in the tank a few times, I went with a better cheap one with a separate meter and sensor. Live and learn.

The first picture is Bogglegum at three weeks from popping. Second is a Female Seeds grab bag #1

View Image

The second picture is

FS BS #2, Iced grapefruit, and FS BS #3.

View Image

Here is a week after the accident showing the rapid comeback of the cloned grapefruit.

View Image

Always dig me a little out of the box builds... Looking Solid,ST...
:respect:

You might just be on to something here....

Looks like if you can get it dialed.
This set up will rock solid....:headbange

Cant wait to see that cup full of roots...

Do ya thang.... Lurking with note pad in hand....:plant grow:

L

lemongrove

Looking good

Looking good

My entry seems to be doing well. It's grown about an inch in a week and the new growth looks healthy. I'm liking this hempy style, if things continue to go well, I'll use this style for a regular grow. I'm not adjusting the ph like you are supposed to and that might bite me in the ass in the future but for now, everything is fine.

Last edited: