What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Scratch

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A little chuckin' went on this Spring and the result was a bunch of LIOSxLuciferOG beans. The Lucifer will (hopefully) add some legs and some vigor to the LIOS clone. She is stubby and can be a little SSSSLLLOOOOWWWWW and not stretchy enough. At the same time, LIOS may keep the Lucifer a bit more contained and less floppy while dropping flowering times a bit, too. I have 12 that are in 1 gallons and will be flipped within the next 10-12 days. I'm looking for nice Indicas that bring on the Limey-Earth flavor of the LIOS.

The name OldScratch (the Devil), was given by Accessndx. He knows the LIOS better than anyone and if we're lucky he'll chime in with some info on her.

Here are the parents.
LIOS
picture.php

picture.php

LuciferOG
picture.php

G

guest121295

Indeed! My Lucifers are huge and real stinky, they smell like the CC only bigger.I can see why you'd throw something in to tone down the stretch.They smell strong, even at 24 days of 12/12 they reek.Can't wait to see the end results, MP always comes through with the goods.:)

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man your shit is always so healthy looking man. sounds like a killer cross. i know peeps love that long island old school. your cross sounds mouth watering bro. t a g g e d!

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Me too, Bear!!! :tiphat:

Rasp:wave:

Chaco, you saw what the HA did to that Lucy, real leggy...I'm going to hope that we find some nice bushy girls in this mix. Look in the vault, you probably already have OldScratch beans in there:)

Phil, I say it all the time...YOU DA MAN.

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
I've heard about this strain. LIOS is something like Long Island Old School.....I could be totally wrong.

I'm interested to see how these turn out :)

MP if you have more pics of the LIOS longer along in flower please share. How does she taste and how is the effect?

Last edited:

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw! Eager to see how the cross is gonna turn out.......

L.I.O.S.: I coined the name. The anacronym simply means "Long Island Old School". 20+ years ago I was buying it by the lb. out on Long Island. It was one of many strains I got back then from my boys out on the island.....but it was truly the most sought after and eagerly awaited. There were never any beans, it was all pure sinsemillia. Then one day we heard that the grower was "retiring". He had stocked away enough $ and felt the scene was too much to continue to deal with. He did start pollinating so that a few beans could be produced to ensure the strain would continue. These beans fell into the hands of my good friend who was the main procurer of the L.I.O.S.. We cracked 'em and ended up with a few phenotypes....
The L.I.O.S. that exists today is the last remaining phenotype of it that I'm aware of. I personally lost another that was a bit more on the petroleum/fuel end of the terpene spectrum to powdery mildew. After the treatments and shenanigans with PM, it tanked while it's sister lived.

If I had any criticism whatsover of the L.I.O.S. is that it's not as heavy a yielder as I'd like it to be, and it does take a considerably longer time for vegative growth. You pretty much have to get it to the size you want it to end up at and then start flowering.

The taste has been described as "Lime, sugar, citrus, skunk, petroleum, garlic, etc.". I think the very topmost note is absolutely LEMON/LIME....exactly like Gatorade. I've also detected a hint of mint at times in the terpene spectrum, so the best analogy I can give is that it's like a mojito with lots of sugarcane.

The BEST way to experience the L.I.O.S. is a joint. Typically it's a one hitter type of strain with the effects felt almost immediately. It has stood up against the test of time and can get me baked even after hitting edibles or oil like they're going out of style.

Honestly if I could give a cut to everyone on the planet that was interested I would. I don't ever want to lose that gal disregardless of whatever else I find out there that's interesting. It's simply too rare and too exquisite to lose.

Frank thinks it's related to the Chem family, and all I can say with relation to that is it's entirely possible because the original L.I.O.S. strain came from heads on tour. More than likely it was in some sack of nug that someone found a gem in....just like the ChemD.

I have the ChemD in my harem itself......yet another ass-kicking strain. I don't taste the similarity, but then again I haven't experienced the full gamut of Chem strains.

Anyway, I'm super-ultra-hyper-eager to see what the cross turns out like. I've got L.I.O.S. poised for dusting with my Jack Flash male.....should accomplish much the same thing you've set out to do....give the L.I.O.S. a bit of stretch......also the flavor profile is similar with the two strains. Jack Flash tastes like a lime lollipop, with bubblegum aroma.....a bit racier than the L.I.O.S. tho.

If you look deeply back into my ACCESS thread as well as the original F.U.C.K.E.M. thread you'll see more info about it with pictures, history, etc. But in a nutshell, you'll like the end product for sure........ :)

accessndx

Veteran
Ooooh, didn't mention it before.....but L.I.O.S. is a fast flowerer.....typically right around the 65 day mark......and knowing is half the battle! :p

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
TC, I thought I had pictures of her farther along in flower but I can't seem to find them. As far as taste and effect...see Ax's post!

Pro, ya never know! Thanks for stoppin' through.

AX! Your posts are VERY helpful and EXACTLY what I would expect from you:tiphat: She's unique and that's why I chose to pollinate her, gotta have that flavor locked in seeds for years to come!

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great story man, especially for us weed geeks. Stoked to have these in the collection, cant wait to get em rockin. Good lookin out melty!

accessndx

Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=103409

If you start strolling through my old thread, there's some nice shots of L.I.O.S. in the #115-#120ish range of posts. Info. about it is scattered throughout that thread from start to end....but if you're lookin' for cliff notes you've already got 'em in a prior post. :)