What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

L

LouDog420

LMAO bendy bendy bendy

Bring on the nuggets, nuggets, and more nuggets

:laughing:

How many watts you running in that room?? You are blowing it up man!

L

LouDog420

Casey at 59 days, starting to bulk up and color up :tiphat:

picture.php

dgr

edit: About 9 weeks. This is a clone from Harborside (via Fruitridge). Don't know if it's named? It seems to go forever -- 11 weeks chop is pretty decent.

L

LouDog420

Been slacking a bit over here...

Nice shots dgr and cannaseur!! Those are some nice casey colas :tiphat:

Nug shot and casey under a 400w v-scrog
picture.php

picture.php

:jump:

L

LouDog420

We've got the great beer cup challenge going on over in the grow diary forum https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=221169...

Pop a seed and grow her/him in a beer cup... The contest is finished 120 days from september 25th (113 days from today!)... Prizes go to the top 5 ranked photos...

One of the prizes will be a pack of Casey Jones F2s made from an open pollination of a pack of H3ads original... 9 females, 4 males... One of the ladies was the pretty colored pheno as well as some others (thai pheno, lemon stretchy pheno, hardy golf ball pheno... trademark on those creative names too :tiphat:)
14+ seeds, just like the original pack :blowbubbles:

Anyone really jonesin' for some casey jones and otherwise unable to get any, this might be a fun way to possible score some free beans if you have the time and space to play along...

picture.php

:wave:

EmpireSeeds

In not so good news, I spotted surveyor flags near my pollination plot when hiking in. I saw them from a distance and didn't venture all the way over to the plot as they looked a bit too close for comfort. The plots are well amended with ferts and polymer crystals, so we will see in October if they made it or not ....

Good vibes

So Did You Check on 'Em Yet??

-Dutch

L

LouDog420

Not yet...

We're having such nice weather now, I've been out and about enjoying it... Should have word by next week sometime :tiphat:

I sure hope the OP plot survived! Gotta love mother nature and her bounty

EmpireSeeds

Cool...Please Keep Us Updated!!

I REALLY Hope, NOT Only That They're, There... But
They're MASSIVE!!

PLEASE STAY SAFE!!

-Dutch

(BTW What are Your Flowering Temps That Get That CJ Pheno BLACK??)

L

LouDog420

Those pics where casey went black were from last winter when I was running a room in my basement.

Temps at lights off got down to the low 50's or high forties at the end of the grow (~last 1.5 to 2 weeks).

Your standard, poorly sealed basement in winter (20's F) with no supplemental heat aside from the furnace blowing upstairs...

L

LouDog420

Dutch, you fucking called it my friend!!

Let's all take a moment to thank the surveyors who were doing such a great job, they missed the decent sized marijuana patch twenty yards to their left :dance013: Goes to show how important line of sight is....

Story time

I don't take a camera out with me to the bush, so unfortunately I can't show you the guerrilla shots, but I will try my best to describe this garden of eden as I approached :tiphat:

My pollination plot was the last one I made it to... 1 out of 3 plots... The other two got ripped and were probably too close to each other in hindsight. I found my stems, and saw the nice saw cuts where they chopped the entire plants. Not bad girth to them, thumb sized roughly about a foot up (I have relatively skinny thumbs :moon:). Mind you I don't tend to my plants aside from spring planting with slow release ferts and water polymer crystals and some coco/perlite...

Was pretty bummed walking away from the second plot. I was counting on at least some trim to make some tasty ISO as I am sucking it down atm like no one's business... And at this point, I had practically written off the Open Pollination (OP) plot as the surveyors and other workers have been spotted near the area. Either way, it's 4 in the morning and pitch black, I might as well take a nice stroll through the woods to at least check on the plot...

15 minutes later...

I run into a pricky bush and get burrs all over me... :comfort:

5 minutes later

I make it to the plot. I'm looking down at the ground figuring I'm going to find more of the same. Cut stems or dug up plants... I turn the corner, glance around a tree, and there in the moonlight, colas everywhere ranging from 5' to 8' high easy... These ladies were some fucking beasts, no joke! And especially for no maintenance (pats himself on back... :blowbubbles:) I originally started ~30 CJxSB and SBxCJ beans and filled out my clone tray with a few extra SB f2s and CJ f2s. At the plot, there were 14 plants left standing. Of those 14, 6 or 7 were stellar and had the massive tops. Those will be my ladies.

All the males were dried up and spent :moon:

Each and every bud though, 90-95% seeded :jump: Smells range from lime/sour to sweet to skunky to fuel. I trim fan leaves in the bush, so I sat there for the next 10 minutes wondering how the fuck I'm going to get it all in my bag.... Needless to say, I managed :tiphat:

Buds are sticky, crystally and have very little mold anywhere... I seperated the colas and will use those to base my selections off of after drying... I'm gonna bag the beans separately so I remember which ones are my favorite for next year and further refining the line!

Selection Criteria (order of importance)

• Mold Resistance (more CJ leaning, airy buds)
  • Strong and pleasant aroma (could be any one of the smells listed ^^^. I just like stinky plants!)
  • Fat Yield
  • Trich Coverage
  • Happy High

Hanging pics coming up

Don't have any plans for ever releasing this, but would be happy to send in some beans for the SF/freebies if there is interest, god knows I have enough now ;)

For reference....

Last years original crosses

Summer '10
Sour Bubble F2s
BX3/BX4 BOG Sour Bubble (3females) x BX3/BX4 BOG Sour Bubble (4males)

Winter '10
Casey Jones F2s
F1 H3AD Casey Jones (9females) x F1 H3AD Casey Jones (4males)

Winter '10
CJ x SB
F1 H3AD Casey Jones (9females) x BX3/BX4 BOG Sour Bubble Male (selected from 3 for smelly lime scent and relatively fast growth... as fast as sour bubble can get.)

Winter '10
SB x CJ
BX3/BX4 BOG Sour bubble (2 females, both had a good sour/lime taste/smell. One was branchy - current clone - and the other was more of a bean pole - since been tossed, still nice plant though) x F1 H3AD Casey Jones (4 males)

This years cross (Summer '11)
Casey Jones x Sour Bubble IX1

(CJxSB and SBxCJ) x30
SB F2 x3
CJ f2 x 3
Open Pollination of the Above ^^

L

LouDog420

Eye Candy... The colas for selection and a few other stragglers

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

While snapping the shots and even disturbing the harvest a little, all I hear is <dink> <dink> <dink> as mature beaners fall out and into bins/boxes

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Very well-documented grow, Lou.
How many beans would you estimate you made? Over a thousand?
Way to keep the genetic pool as wide and deep as possible...

L

LouDog420

Thanks baba, I like to keep my options open starting a seed line... No need to bottleneck it at the first or second generation :moon:

Something like 4K in beans ;)