What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can you name some breeders that you can find winner phenos in almost every pack?

there goes edro

Veteran
What's up IC? Just wondering which breeders have you all had good luck with finding winner phenos in a pack. Like everything else in life I perfectly understand that there are no guarantees but just wanted to gather ideas from all of our collective experiences. I spent of sometime just learning how to keep plants healthy throughout an entire grow and gathering info on techniques and equipment. Then I slowly started purchasing cheaper brand seeds like nirvana and mandela to get my feet wet. Then I started buying mid priced seeds that catch my fancy. BOGs Sour Bubble and Hazemans Madness comes to mind. I only grow here and there when my circumstances allow but I am always adding to my seed stash. Now that I am comfortable growing I wanted advice on what seeds to acquire when I am ready to find keepers to mother. Clones are out of the question for now. I know they are a lot more experienced growers than myself here so if you could chime in I would greatly appreciate it IC. Here's what I got in the stash at the moment.

Sweet Seeds SAD aka Black Dominia s1
S @nnies Chocolate Rain and Selene
Fractal Genetics Strawberry Diesel and Strawberry Diesel Kush
Mosca Seeds C99
Cheeseheads Nightmare Kush aka The White
BOGs Sour Bubble
40amps White Berry Kush
CBG Peoyte Purp
Hazemans Madness
Baccas Swt#3 x Grapefruit
Chimera Swt#1.1
Mosca c99 x Trainwreck
Wazzups Anesthesia
VGs Bubba s1
Sams O Haze x Skunk#1
Hammerheads GDP x Querkle
HOL Caseys Queen
and a few other homemade crosses
Want to add some truly Elite seeds to this list to find those precious keepers. Thanks in advance for your help people!!!

S

sourpuss

Nice collection. Lately been smoking some dj short blueberry. Have to say one of my all time favs. Buzz is so long happy mellow relaxing. Perfect buzz and great flavour.

there goes edro

Veteran
Blueberry does sound rather intriguing! Def have to save up for that venture! Heard there is a lot of variation and pheno hunting in DJs gear. Pretty pricey but if I find something special and keep her around it would be worth the price. Thanks Sourpuss!

From your list i would go with Sweet tooth 1.1 and Eskobars Chocolate Rain would be my second choice :) if you are buying more seeds i would have a look at Schnazzleberry , Mental Floss and Fighting Buddha or Blue Rocket from Eskobar all quality imo

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
from my prior research into the strain, peyote purple seems to have one stunner out of every pack.
my seeds were "lost" in the mail so i never got to see how they smoke, but im sure someone will come in here that actually grew her.

surfguitar

I had a lot of success with a pack of ograskal white s1, got 3 keeper phenos and some other super dank phenos I tossed because they were susceptible to pm and hermie. Just popped a pack of wifi from him and I have a feeling it's gonna be the same deal. Got some bog seeds going too right now(sourbubb, lsd, bmr) never ran biog gear before but from what ive seen you can't go wrong

surfguitar

from my prior research into the strain, peyote purple seems to have one stunner out of every pack.
my seeds were "lost" in the mail so i never got to see how they smoke, but im sure someone will come in here that actually grew her.

From what I've heard peyote purple looks awesome but smokes not that great

Check out Karma Genetics. I'm not going to guarantee you'll find a "keeper" in every pack, as we all have different criteria for our keepers but, there is fire to be found in every pack I've grown.

Biker le Blanc
Biker Kush v2.0
Anonymous

Found plants worthy of keeping in each pack. I have Cheesy Rider coming down this weekend, and Jack O Nesia in veg. There's definitely some keepers in Cheesy Rider as well, but I won't put it on the list until after the smoke test.

E$kobar seems to be putting out some fire as well. I grew out a couple of freebies that were stellar, and so bought a pack of his beans, I'll be trying these out after the Jack O Nesia.

And I'll 3rd Bodhi.

there goes edro

Veteran
From your list i would go with Sweet tooth 1.1 and Eskobars Chocolate Rain would be my second choice :) if you are buying more seeds i would have a look at Schnazzleberry , Mental Floss and Fighting Buddha or Blue Rocket from Eskobar all quality imo

Chimera's Mental Floss is in the stash Bill! I must be smoking to have left that out of my list. Thanks!!

there goes edro

Veteran

Do you mean like this! I just recently ran her but I still got some seeds left. Thanks for chiming in!!!!

there goes edro

Veteran
Check out Karma Genetics. I'm not going to guarantee you'll find a "keeper" in every pack, as we all have different criteria for our keepers but, there is fire to be found in every pack I've grown.

Biker le Blanc
Biker Kush v2.0
Anonymous

Found plants worthy of keeping in each pack. I have Cheesy Rider coming down this weekend, and Jack O Nesia in veg. There's definitely some keepers in Cheesy Rider as well, but I won't put it on the list until after the smoke test.

E$kobar seems to be putting out some fire as well. I grew out a couple of freebies that were stellar, and so bought a pack of his beans, I'll be trying these out after the Jack O Nesia.

And I'll 3rd Bodhi.

Karma's Headbanger has caught my attention. Was also looking into adding that Biker Kush until Headbanger came along.

Eskobar has a C99 x Santa Maria cross that I would love to acquire also. Can't beat the price for such quality!!!!

there goes edro

Veteran
Bodhi
Loompa
Top Dawg
OGRaskal

Recently looked into all the above mentioned breeders! Can find some Bodhi but Top Dawg, OG, and Loompa. Forget about it!!!( in my best Italian accent!) There gear is always sold out everywhere! Perhaps a clue to the quality of their work.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Connoisseur Genetics bro. Stocked most major places. Testers of the recent sssdh hybrids have found keepers all over the shop.

Peace

RoadRash

tga Subcool, Apollo 11. 2 Males & 1 Female out of 3. Looking good @ 4 weeks, despite my f'up with a little nutrient overdose.

Freedom Romberry. 2 distinct Female pheno's (1 short & also super-bushy, the other more Sativa-esque).

Nirvana White Castle. 2 very vigorous females, 1 vigorous male, out of 4. The 4th one, a smaller female, is coming in handy as I resolve that old nutrient overdose. And she's also my test dummy for trying out Bokashi ! :dance013:

One other note from experience - if the Romulan sold by Next Gen seeds is anything like their 2004 vintage Romulan, you will get plenty of positive feedback if you go for this. Note - Breeder Steve did comment about genetics piracy, and Next Gen was one of his examples.

kaneboy

Connoisseur ecsd x sssdh, grandoggy purps, og chem , cheesedog
Bodhi
Reservoir chem/sour diesel

Hortilabs super sour skunk

Cannavore

Veteran
There's some OGR left at Seedbay, edro.

Granted it isn't White Fire, but I really liked the White Master, and ive seen some crazy pictures of White Urkle phenos. He's probably going to be restocking a bunch of spots soon though. Good things for those who wait :)

Hey Edro, my top picks would be

Ice river Genetics
Gage green genetics
Bodhi seeds
Female seeds

I have not had a bad Strain from any one of these.