What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

suggestion for new plant indoor

Gio88

hi! i'm cultiving a new plant indoor , i recently transplanted it in a bigger Vase. Considering i use a lamp mh 250w (with an all mix soil) and i don't want (like in the past) the plant grow too in height , just to see even with the LST, just the the higher parts to receive the right amount of light, how much the plant should be growing and be tall (considering the lamp isn't too strong)? thank you

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
You can grow it as tall as you want really, but it will grow 1.5-2x size once u switch to flower, so don't grow your plant all the way to the light and then switch, cause you won't have any room. If you are using a tent I recommend a scrog net, it helps a ton on keeping everything the same height https://www.amazon.com/Grow-tent-flexible-trellis-pack/dp/B07DJS94BD If you aren't using a tent to hook the net on, I would recommend just some plastic coated wires like https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vigoro-50-ft-Heavy-Duty-Coated-Wire-T025BVG/203894420

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
If its just one plant with a 250w light, you might consider side lighting it.

Jerry_Garcia

AgentPothead said it well. You have to account for the stretch and plants vary with regards to how much they stretch. I am currently growing an unknown strain, I switched to 12/12 when they were around 20 inches and they didn't stop stretching until they were all around 50 inches. Luckily I had that much height to work with. From my experience, sativas tend to stretch more than indicas. It always helps immensely when you know the strain you are growing because the breeders can typically tell you roughly what the stretch will be.

Latest posts

Latest posts