What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is my plant ready?

yeezyfunky

Hi growers, I'm growing RQS Gorilla Auto. I have entered the tenth week (which ends on October 27th) which should be the last according to what RQS declares.
I post here the pictures of some flowers, in your opinion how long is the harvest missing? The trichomes are almost all white or transparent (I really can't tell if one or the other), amber there are very few. On the lower flowers not even one, the apical one has some.
Sorry for my english if I wrote something wrong

yeezyfunky

if u cant wait 4 5 days more , you can cut it its mature enough

Yes, I can wait another 4-5 days. The weather will be fine until Sunday, then I could give it 48 hours of total darkness. They say it stimulates the production of resin, is that true?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Where are you? the scenery suggests the season is over. Everywhere is different but 23rd October (today) is a farming calendar milestone here. Ground frost can now be expected. This can destroy tissue and let the mould get a hold. Long before this many of our plants are dormant looking. Spending the day repairing the damage of cold nights. They do look healthy and things usually take longer than it says in the packets. I think when the native plants have died back there is little point carrying on. My own personal thoughts are that cold plants pull up phosphates they can't do anything with. Flavours leave and that bonemeal flavour becomes apparent, leading to a hard black ash. Our plants want good weather to perform. Better than the natives.

UK

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Leave it a few more days if the weather allows, but it looks ready enough to chop if necessary.
I wouldn't bother about the 48 hours dark thing, enclosing the plant in that way could easily lead to problems like mold / rot. Not something i have ever bothered with or been convinced by.

VG

T

Teddybrae

I was advised to look at the heads thru a loupe to see if most of the trichomes are orange yet.

(Loupe = 10X magnifying glass) If you've never done this, it's a blow out! Another dimension!