What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stoner Tales #1

GoodGuy

Trying again. Here's Stoner Tale #1.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 30

GoodGuy

I'm sorry it took so long to get this out. I finally figured out how to attach multiple pages to a post. After installing 2 different conversion programs I was able to get my text into a format I could attach. Stoner could have walked me through it in a couple of minutes... In a way, because of his ill health, I think it's better he left when he did because Covid-19 is rampaging through long term care facilities here in Minnesota, and his lungs were his worst health issue. He was on heavy meds when he went, and according to the nurses he passed peacefully, as if in his sleep, which is the best any of us can hope for. What bothers me is that his sister, his last remaining close relative, hasn't scheduled a memorial service for him yet; because of this I will start on the next Stoner Tales. This place was closer to him than any family he had out there, so if a memorial is to be written for him it deserves to be seen here, where his real family is. Thanks for taking the time to read #1; I'll get #2 posted very soon.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Thanks Good Guy...

S4L was one of the first guys I got to know when I joined ICmag almost 7 years ago...
He liked my sense of humor and bombarded me with heavy rep in the funny Pictures thread..

Pretty soon we were PMing each other and describing to each other some of the antics we both pulled off when we were younger..
I'm only 3 years older than Stoner, so we both had a lot in common, growing up during the same era.
Also, I had great friends who lived a half hour from his old stomping grounds in NY..
I use to visit there frequently in the 70's and 80's, so he and I compared notes a lot..

The last year of his life, he and I started talking to each other on the phone, so it got to where we both felt like we really knew each other.
I'd been invited to go visit him in northern Minn., but he was almost exactly 1000 miles to the north of me, so the opportunity eluded me for the time being..

It was a great thing to have his acquaintance, if only through PM's and talks on the phone...
It felt like we were pretty good friends, even though we never got the chance to meet up in person..

Missing you S...

Your friend,
Bud

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Took a Triumph Herald to Morocco, had the battery refilled with hash, car would start with a push OK ....got through Spain and France just fine, take the ferry to Dover where there’s 3 coppers waiting for me ... oh fuck

Was arrested for unpaid parking fine and was taken to the station, paid fine, cops drop me back at the ferry terminal ....where’s the car? Wander around asking, “it’s in the Customs shed” ...walk to Customs shed .... car is inside next to a Mercedes that’s in more bits than it was put together with .... really Oh Fuck .... walk nonchalantly over to car, put key in and obviously it won’t start .... Customs officers give it a shove to start it and wave me goodbye ...

I'm sorry it took so long to get this out. I finally figured out how to attach multiple pages to a post. After installing 2 different conversion programs I was able to get my text into a format I could attach. Stoner could have walked me through it in a couple of minutes... In a way, because of his ill health, I think it's better he left when he did because Covid-19 is rampaging through long term care facilities here in Minnesota, and his lungs were his worst health issue. He was on heavy meds when he went, and according to the nurses he passed peacefully, as if in his sleep, which is the best any of us can hope for. What bothers me is that his sister, his last remaining close relative, hasn't scheduled a memorial service for him yet; because of this I will start on the next Stoner Tales. This place was closer to him than any family he had out there, so if a memorial is to be written for him it deserves to be seen here, where his real family is. Thanks for taking the time to read #1; I'll get #2 posted very soon.

Sorry for your loss.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.....I had great friends who lived a half hour from his old stomping grounds in NY..
I use to visit there frequently in the 70's and 80's, so he and I compared notes a lot..

..... funny, that's how I became friends with S4L too when he mentioned a hunting trip to Queechy Lake in up-state New York, an obscure place I was familiar with from Summers spent in Columbia County as a child.:tiphat:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
... In a way, because of his ill health, I think it's better he left when he did because Covid-19 is rampaging through long term care facilities here in Minnesota, and his lungs were his worst health issue.

:yes: ..... was recently thinking the exact same thing GoodGuy, thanks for the S4L stories, in a way, he dodged a bullet he never even saw coming!:whistling:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you :)

S4L was always very kind to me, we both loved baseball and had many nice conversations about the game and our teams we liked....

Thank you for some insight to his life, he seemed like he had a lot of great adventures and always talked about his dogs that he loved so much even if they weren’t the nicest

I’ll be watching for the next installment, thank you again