What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187 watt LED - Organic Modular ScrOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellinho

As the french would say, it's time to lick some windows! Faire du leche vitrine = window shopping, but it's literally translated as "to do the window licking".

Anyway, pulling up a chair.

this! :D

been always a fan of your technique. will be trying to grow like this after gaining some experience. will be taggin to learn a few things if you dont mind. :thank you:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GP73LPC - yep the modular scrog system removes all the disadvantages of scrog imo

delic - welcome along :wave:

xmo - yeah this one is s'posed to be 12-24" above canopy. the lens tech seems to focus the light quite well and direct it down - its very easy to see when and where the light hits the sides of the cab. i recon its about 15" above the canopy to get the footprint to spread enough for me. that may still be too close for the plants but we will see.

g0v, roll it, marn, tronyx - thanks for the support, i'll try and put on a decent show...:tiphat:

CBM - erm, bonjour!

ellinho - sounds good, once you have made the screens etc and fitted them to the pots its pretty easy really

---

took a quick look today and i must say the plants are growing pretty convincingly. more pics next week

VG

^that. I've been looking for something for my breeding/experimentation box,the big ass cfl I'm using now is big,hot and the price of the bulb is not right either. Your LED grows have shown me a viable alternative VG,thanks. Oh,and GL....like you need it

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pranoman - sorry, very remiss of me not to put the cab size in the first post, i'll edit that. the cab is 24x28" and the height from floor to light is about 3'
the footprint of the LED is supposed to be 24x36 at 2' above the canopy.

cjk - thanks!

heady - welcome aboard!

spiral - glad you found some inspiration.

hopefully i'll have some new pics up tomorrow. plants are growing like mad!

VG

J

J.C.grower

duplicate -

and here they all are, screens fitted, fitted snugly into the cab
picture.php

cheers - we're off!

VG

looks amazing VG!!
CP73LPC showed me this thread, cause im new to the ScrOG method and showed me this great modular screen. great work!
i just want to know how you made these modified screens?
:thank you:
JC:joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi JC most people make scrog screens out of pvc piping and im sure they work well too, but im quite used to working with timber and it is naturally mould resistant etc.
ideally you need a picture framer or a compound mitre saw to cut the wood so as you get a good square cut on the end - then you can just butt joint it with a screw and its pretty strong. legs are made in the same way and positioned so they can be screwed at the other end to the lip of the pot (upwards from under the lip). my screens have 3 legs. check my 'cab' gallery and there are more pics .
take a close look at the pic and you'll see where the wood is joined. remember to take into account any batons in your cabinet/room. the missing bits on the outside edges of mine are because i forgot to do that and had to notch them out to fit them in my cab. doh!

the actual screen i like quite large - holes at least 2" square. my screens have holes 2x4 inches - you can get that stuff from the garden center.

feel free to ask more questions if that didnt make sense

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, we are at 1 week flower
here is the cab, i have a new computer fan in there that is a little larger than before -but still not taking up any floor/canopy space :dance013:
picture.php

plants have grown quite a bit and are looking good i slightly tweaked my soil mix and added 2g/litre of Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Azalea, Camellia & Rhododendron Plant Food. this has some magnesium in there and i wanted to make my soil a little richer. i'll post the full soil mix if anyone is interested. i must say it's an absolute pleasure to be back to regular pots that dont act like a colander like the smart pots did :D
and the plants (before training)
Chem D seems to be enjoying the soil and light as it's putting out near perfect non-marbled leaves - that'll probably be the extra Mg
picture.php

C4D - cant say im particularly enamored by the comedy length internodals this gives out but it's a decent smoke and yielder even though it grows like a multi hybrid.
picture.php

the shark1 - much better behaved plant
picture.php

forgot to take a pic of the mmg so here it is back in the cab
picture.php

and the post-training canopy
picture.php

laters :tiphat:
VG

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
looking great as always, VG. light coverage looks good, do you think it's as good as the 250w? coverage wise I mean.
hope you can keep them far enough from the LED.
like most people on here I enjoy watching your grows, thanks for sharing.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
VG- I had the same problem with those other pots. I have to point out that you are referring to AIRpots.

SMARTpots are the cloth ones (which I'm very fond of).

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey stonedar - the lamp is supposed to cover 2x3' at 18-24" above canopy - but i will struggle a little due to limited height. it seems to pretty much light my cab (24"x28") at 15". only time will tell but on paper it should be more than enough to replace a 250 hps.

GP - thanks :tiphat:

heady - yes, airpots - i always get mixed up. thanks for stopping by!

VG

jorgeblen

Hi VG, looking great as always, congratulations man.

And yes, I would like to know how your new soil mix is please!
I Also got a couple of questions about your scroging method if you dont mind: do you fit the screen and flip the lights to 12/12 on the same day, is that right? Any training or topping before that? And at which point do you let them go trough the screen? Simply after filling the screen?? how long does it normally take?

thanks a lot

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Brother Bear im glad you like it! - thanks for stopping by :tiphat:
yeah the modular makes growing different strains very easy as everything gets kept in its place.. high yields too :dance013:

jorgeblen, here is the soil mix:

3 parts peat
3 parts perlite
2 parts topsoil
1 part EWC
1 part mushroom compost

5g/litre - dolomite lime, seaweed meal, rock phosphate, rock potash
4g/litre - N guano
10g/litre - P guano
2g/litre - Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Azalea, Camellia & Rhododendron Plant Food

what ive realized is that there are a lot of liming agents in that mix - not just the dolomite but the P guano and rock phosphate all act is liming agents and will raise the soil pH - so if it goes well with the organic choice plant food i'll try and reduce the P guano to 5g/litre
i'd also like to try adding maybe 10% bark chippings to help keep pH down too, but one experiment at a time ;)

StRa - cheers dude!

---

had a session training the plants today - they are budding up pretty fast!

VG

This will be another very interesting grow, like your mod scrogs, good idea, I got something slightly simliar going on at the mo - tagged

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will be watching with great interest, as I'm looking @ the 84X-PRO for 'brightening a corner' in my tent.
Looking forward to the show! :lurk:

Best wishes! :tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.