What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In Search Of: Monkey Paw

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm still not convinced that a real monkey paw ever did surface....to be completely honest. I've seen some nice looking plants that appear similar...but nothing like what I came across that one day so long ago.

Like I said in a previous post - I just don't think what I was shown was even the paw at all. Just a hustler dropping a name on something. Which is a bit odd though, because I had never heard of it before that day nor have I seen anything like it since.

It's a bit frustrating to think that perhaps this thread gave headroom for someone to capitalize on a "name".

So really though - what happened to that over the top legit banana peel, creamy hazelnut, yellow triched, tight popcorn nugget dank I came across - I may never know.

dank.Frank

Ganjaganjakush

Yea last year in MI at some farmer market in detroit an older guy was selling monkey paw and phantom cookie clones, should of gave thst a shot instead of the Phantom

Monkey Paw at 7 weeks...

Attachments

• IMG_20160105_083812.jpg
    IMG_20160105_083812.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 18

Ready4

Veteran
I'm still not convinced that a real monkey paw ever did surface....to be completely honest. I've seen some nice looking plants that appear similar...but nothing like what I came across that one day so long ago.

Like I said in a previous post - I just don't think what I was shown was even the paw at all. Just a hustler dropping a name on something. Which is a bit odd though, because I had never heard of it before that day nor have I seen anything like it since.

It's a bit frustrating to think that perhaps this thread gave headroom for someone to capitalize on a "name".

So really though - what happened to that over the top legit banana peel, creamy hazelnut, yellow triched, tight popcorn nugget dank I came across - I may never know.

dank.Frank

Yeah many unnamed strains and crosses floated around the Mitten years ago, people had to name it something.
"Monkeypaw" was a generic term often for years for stinky fat green buds. Sounds exotic right ?

The original "Monkey Paw" was from southeast Asia, Vietnam .
Thai that came in was always a golden or brown color. Then, gnarly green buds started coming in with the Thai. Calling it "Vietnamese" was not exactly a good marketing name in 1979.
So.... " Monkey Paw" was what it was called.
And it most certainly was not just "one strain" even then, similar for sure. Those Thai Sticks, loose Thai & "Monkeypaw" were some of the very finest smokes ever.

So good luck Dank Frank with finding what was lost. You never know, something may pop up from somebody hoarding that strain you smoked. Sometimes, different cures can sure impart different tastes, making it very hard.
But sampling in your search is not too punishing :tiphat:

Yes, names of epic strains get used to create hype... There is a reason.. The reason is the pictures posted above...

I hope some day you and I can puff down dank.frank... I think you might be surprised. You ever make it to Michigan?

SourDank

Veteran

dank.Frank
I had actually seen someone post a picture on IG of Monkey Paw and this thread immediately popped into my head. I asked him the lineage and he told me it was a Vietnamese x with another NLD, I forget which. But I remembered reading you had said it was an indica dom lady so I assumed it wasn't your girl.

clearheaded

one of our friendly breeders on this site is Xs and in testing... but do know nothing about this var. backround sounds interesting however obv has something special which is the important part. nice sativa doms Id love to see as flavor of the month ;)

love to hear more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts