What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very high CBD strains, which ones?

99% of it tho is high cbd

Its high in cbd relative to thc. Just because most euro hemp is low in THC, does not mean it is actually HIGH in CBD.

4% cbd or greater seems standard, but anything over 10 or 20% is high cbd nowadays.

How come nobody has released an all CBD line? Something with over 10-20% and 0-1%thc?

If all these breeders that say they are in it for patients and medicines... how come there isn't a readily available line of high CBD with no thc? Instead all I see is cannatonic and harlequin crosses. And those are usually sold at high prices. When R4 came out, I remember the phrase open source was used, well I don't think that happened..., but thats the way I think an all cbd line should be treated.... free to the public.

I know that 1:1 ratios have a very healthy effect, but lines with high CBD and no THC have a medical place and need as well. Especially in states that have CBD only laws.

Sam and RC @ Hortapharm have their Turkish strain used for Sativex.

Stanley Bros. and others have all cbd clones.... but where are the all cbd lines? and don't say finola.

peace
-pH

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
imo CBD is no MORE beneficial medicinally than THC. that's why noone has released an all CBD no THC line, because that is just like a high THC no CBD strain - in reverse. realistically we are looking for well rounded strains with both CBD & THC and other compounds that influence the effects of the plant on people using it or extracts made from it.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PH - ben holmes at centennial seeds made thee strain "otto #1" and it has many high CBD and low THC phenos, it's being used in many crosses now in colorado.... altho many pairings with high THC strains, i expect some low thc high CBD strains coming from crosses using the otto #1, elite cannabis and rare dankess just made a round of crosses using a scotts og male on some high cbd females (otto #1 and sour tsunami).

HatchBrew

Veteran
Its high in cbd relative to thc. Just because most euro hemp is low in THC, does not mean it is actually HIGH in CBD.

4% cbd or greater seems standard, but anything over 10 or 20% is high cbd nowadays.

How come nobody has released an all CBD line? Something with over 10-20% and 0-1%thc?

If all these breeders that say they are in it for patients and medicines... how come there isn't a readily available line of high CBD with no thc? Instead all I see is cannatonic and harlequin crosses. And those are usually sold at high prices. When R4 came out, I remember the phrase open source was used, well I don't think that happened..., but thats the way I think an all cbd line should be treated.... free to the public.

I know that 1:1 ratios have a very healthy effect, but lines with high CBD and no THC have a medical place and need as well. Especially in states that have CBD only laws.

Sam and RC @ Hortapharm have their Turkish strain used for Sativex.

Stanley Bros. and others have all cbd clones.... but where are the all cbd lines? and don't say finola.

peace
-pH

South Humboldt Seed co & Bodhi both have CBD strains in their line up.
Harlequin and AcDc clones are always floating around where I am.

Running Bodhi's good medicine right now. 2 -ish weeks into flower.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
99% of it tho is high cbd

Can't say that nearly 2% CBD is high.Check for yourself.See table 1

http://www.ukcia.org/research/VariationOfTHCContent.pdf

They lowered the cannabinoid content for European hemp.

In the past it was different

picture.php

Keep on growing :)

realistically we are looking for well rounded strains with both CBD & THC and other compounds that influence the effects of the plant on people using it or extracts made from it.

I agree Avinash about the rounded strains, but there is also a place for a strain with high cbd and low to no thc. Male/female. If we can breed all high thc strains, we can with high cbd too... i would think. The otto seems like a good place to start...it is mainly high cbd- low thc

HatchBrew, I'm talking homozygous for high CBD and Low to zero THC. not polyhybrid mixed ratio lines.

i updated https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301474 with a bunch more strain info. if there's anything i'm missing, plz tell me.

right on MexCurandero! 2% is a waste of time.

-pH

imo CBD is no MORE beneficial medicinally than THC. that's why noone has released an all CBD no THC line

Maybe you're right brother. After reading this quote it makes more sense.

“I want to be the first guy to register a strain of cannabis with the Department of Agriculture under the Plant Variety Protection Act,” -Ben Holmes

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
joesy wales just said he is going to try to do if not that same thing, a similar "trademark" on the gg4
thanks for sharing that CBD strain library, great thread you got there, keep it updated, LOTS of high CBD strains coming down the pipes im sure.

are u familiar w any alphakronic high CBD strains? stephen hawking kush? just heard something about some alphakronic CBD gear in denver.... wondering if the rumor holds water or is just that... rumor.

ECtraveler

Veteran
Let the hunt begin...Looking for a balanced chemotype with an OG terpene profile. I'm so excited to grow out these out to the point of getting giddy over them.

ACDC x (Apothecary OG x Prohibition OG)
picture.php

panick503

I just finished flowerin out a cut of cannatonic, and it tested out at 16% thc and 14% cbd. I'm getting some oil made, can't wait to get the results on that. I'll be sure to post then when I do

Bongstar420

The lab analysis are woefully inadequate. The terpene tests only quantity maybe 25 out of +300 possibilities....

and I have yet to see anyone quantify the magic terpenes that must be the magic. I'm sure some of the terpenes without THC will get you loaded.

Medicine doesn't necessarily get you high btw...if you think it does, you are confusing recreation with it.

Myself and a small group of folks have been working in Kentucky as processors where CBD is being grown with the states pilot study programs for Hemp. Apparently the Stanley's were rooted here for a bit with Kannaway. I've seen photos of their facility and are in the process of extracting a little bit of the raw material into edible oils from the various strains that were cultivated. Mostly being AC/DC, Valentine X, and Charlotte's Web. But Charlotte's Web is seriously the slowest vegging plant I've ever seen, and what do you folks think of the weird marble leaf defect going on with it? But from the tests I've seen of terpene profiles via the greenhouses and outdoor plots, the Charlotte's Web doesn't have a single special terpene over any other the CBD resin plants

Bongstar420

I don't believe you.

I just finished flowerin out a cut of cannatonic, and it tested out at 16% thc and 14% cbd. I'm getting some oil made, can't wait to get the results on that. I'll be sure to post then when I do

Attachments

• Cannatonic GPFC.pdf
    284.8 KB · Views: 71

oregonized crop

Goggle cbd strains..there making a come back..if your in oregon I could hook you up with some good cbd thc blends..look into Charlottes web...