What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ive been given cuttings in earth

terrier

hi there guys ive been given cuttings in earth. its my first time trying hydroponics. I'm thinking of cutting the rockwool cube open in order to fit the cutting in the cube. they only in two inch pots but they root bound what you guys recon. tuck all the roots inside a 4 inch cube. or if they long enough leave a little bit hang out the bottom of the cube what you recon guys. any advice would be great. terrier :prettyplease:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Get a large bucket of cool, clean water. Drop the plant 8n and let it soak for 10 minutes to soften the dirt. Gently tickle the dirt from the roots. Change the water when it becomes clouded and you cannot see.
:tiphat:

I've done it for years.

Cut your cube open with 2-3 slices and gently lay the roots inside. You want the roots separated or they rot when touching.

yeah just dunking a plant up and down in a bucket of water will break up all the dirt and leave you with soiless roots. I've done this before then transplanted into hydroton with no issues.