What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Teflon© bag collection tek

foaf

Veteran
but you are wrong that that is in any way pertinent to this technique, we arent heating teflon at all, none, zero, and these bags are tough, they arent giving off fragments at all. Lots of plastics give off nasty toxins when burned, but you don't fear putting your pot in a plastic baggie or bottle. Storing pot in a ziploc is not the same as smoking the baggie.

You mar up my cool thread with a distracting non applicable danger of teflon that is superheated, and have the nerve to make it in huge huge bold print so that it stands out in a way that is out of proportion to its relevance. Ill take it personally if I want to dude.

and your recommendation of using silicone is incorrect too. butane and silicone are not compatible.

Last edited:

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
foaf said:
but you are wrong that that is in any way pertinent to this technique. your bold letters are annoying and since you only chime in negatively on my threads, and no one else does, why not take it personally?

and I couldnt find anything about what you mention. give me a link, but regardless, we arent heating teflon at all, none, zero, and these bags are tough, they arent giving off fragments.

and your recommendation of using silicone is incorrect too. butane and silicone are not compatible.

First off, I used large bold letters because it is a serious issue. Sorry you take that much offense to them, I have edited them.

Here is a link to the toxicity of perfluoro-iso-butylene, both acute and chronic: http://fluoridealert.org/pesticides/teflon.ntis.htm
You can also do a Google search on "perfluoro-iso-butylene and Teflon"

I never said that your techinque is going to heat up the Teflon, nor did I say that it would result in Teflon contaminating the final product.....I was just pointing out that there is a risk, and it is not an unavoidable risk either.

As I said before, the flexible silicone bakeware that is now very popular is very butane resistant, flexible when cold and just as slippery and stick resistant as Teflon.

I have been using them for 2 years now, and have seen no deterioration in the silicone at all.

Stuff like this: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/assets/product_images/230/40977107020C.JPG;pv5928ce8fd3cff1f3

It is very butane compatible, and more importantly, does not involve any risks however small.

I have noting against you foaf, in any way, and respect you for your knowledge and contributions to the board and the community, so please don;t take this as a personal attack, it is not.....it is just being extra-safe is all.

Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
soo, in the interest of not killing off anyone, I removed the pictures and descriptions of my technique at the beginning because we dont want this to happen

genkisan........... said:
If ANY Teflon gets into your mix, even a tiny particle you cannot really see, it WILL KILL YOU

I now recommend that you throw all your teflon pans in the garbage, always check the kitchen of any restruant you eat in to be sure they dont use this evil stuff, and most certainly dont even think about any type of solvent based extractions.
The only safe way to consume cannabis is orally but be sure you never make cannabutter in a teflon pan, because you will certainly die. only cannabrex will save you.

PM me if you are foolish enough to want to know how to collect BHO and other solvent extractions without having to scrape and in a way that makes it easy to put in vials and bottles. Ill direct you to a place where they dont let vendors shit nonsense on peoples threads.

Last edited:

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
foaf said:
soo, in the interest of not killing off anyone, I removed the pictures and descriptions of my technique at the beginning because we dont want this to happen

I now recommend that you throw all your teflon pans in the garbage, always check the kitchen of any restruant you eat in to be sure they dont use this evil stuff, and most certainly dont even think about any type of solvent based extractions.
The only safe way to consume cannabis is orally but be sure you never make cannabutter in a teflon pan, because you will certainly die. only cannabrex will save you.

PM me if you are foolish enough to want to know how to collect BHO and other solvent extractions without having to scrape and in a way that makes it easy to put in vials and bottles. Ill direct you to a place where they dont let vendors shit nonsense on peoples threads.

Jeebus Cronk, foaf......you are WAY over-reacting. Really you are.

I am not and was not trying to say anything about Cannabrex, nor am I trying to pump my company, nor am I dissing solvent extractions or BHO or inhaled THC.....I make BHO for my capsules, and as gifts for friends, etc etc.....

ALL I was trying to do was alert folks to the fact that there is a real, albeit very small risk, in using Teflon, and that your very intelligent system could be done just as well with another substance that poses less risk...ie: silicone bakeware.

Really no need to get so pissy and personally offended.....you are taking this too seriously and reading way too much into what I posted.

Lol,....this thread has that "daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table" feel to it.

Anyways, im sure Teflon is fine in his method, but you could have stated it as "Be careful that if you Superheat Teflon to above 600 Degrees You could DIE!"

Instead of, "Yeah this is great, but usin that teflon...careful cus you could DIE!"

People wont get thier weiners stepped on so often if they didnt flail them about!