What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should I start over or continue?

msi91

right on man!
i know its fun to mess with ph and ec/ppm levels but for now the plant just needs to grow a little more

haha yeah, I'm eager and excited to learn!

I placed an order for 3x Pineapple Express Auto seeds from Fast Buds last night so whatever mistakes I made and new information I learned, I can apply it on the new seeds when I plant them sometime late july early august

msi91

Don't have expectations from Fast Buds, you won't be disappointed.

I don't know if I'm too baked but when you say don't have expectations are you saying to not expect anything good?

Did you have a bad experience with their genetics for the pineapple express autos?

msi91

right on man!
i know its fun to mess with ph and ec/ppm levels but for now the plant just needs to grow a little more

This is an updated pic I took of 1 of my autos, I noticed a singular leaf is folding on the edges upward today, not sure if I should be worried or if that's just a odd leaf. Uploaded a pic.

Attachments

• 64577859_465921630835933_8675682544617783296_n.jpg
    64577859_465921630835933_8675682544617783296_n.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 83
P

pongster

Initially the seedling has everything it needs from their endosperm which is contained in the seed. So you don't need to feed them initially. By growing in coco once they have matured you'll have greater control over the nutrients your plants consume. :tiphat:

The endosperm is in the seed, the seedling uses food from the cotyledons, which "evolved" from the endosperm. Just some wording.

Just fed about 280-300ml of PH bal water with no nutes in it to each plant today, over night 1 of my plants grew a decent amount. The stem got longer and the second set of leaves are getting bigger slowly but surely.

A part of me wants to start adding nutes but you said to just feed PH bal water until the first 3 finger leaves starting showing so im just waiting on the plant to grow a bit more.

So far just keeping the feedings light, only had to feed once today and tomorrow it should be due for another in the afternoon.

Guess all I can do is wait now :)

Brother, this is a misconception. The seedling does not need any food (i mean ZERO) until the cotyledons have wilted and began to fall. Every feeding you do before this stage will stay in the soil and modify your soil solution, and in extreme cases it will afflict the poorly developed roots at this stage, which are poorly developed because of overwatering.

Also when watering seedlings that small in 5 gal pots you only need very small amount of water, i would daresay 20-30 ml? and in form of drops, so the water will stay in the "root zone". Getting runoff at this stage is basically choking your plants.

This is an updated pic I took of 1 of my autos, I noticed a singular leaf is folding on the edges upward today, not sure if I should be worried or if that's just a odd leaf. Uploaded a pic.

Nothing wrong about that. New ones should develop normally.

Yes you need to wait now... let it rest. Patience rewards the grower.
:huggg:

msi91

The endosperm is in the seed, the seedling uses food from the cotyledons, which "evolved" from the endosperm. Just some wording.

Brother, this is a misconception. The seedling does not need any food (i mean ZERO) until the cotyledons have wilted and began to fall. Every feeding you do before this stage will stay in the soil and modify your soil solution, and in extreme cases it will afflict the poorly developed roots at this stage, which are poorly developed because of overwatering.

Also when watering seedlings that small in 5 gal pots you only need very small amount of water, i would daresay 20-30 ml? and in form of drops, so the water will stay in the "root zone". Getting runoff at this stage is basically choking your plants.

Nothing wrong about that. New ones should develop normally.

Yes you need to wait now... let it rest. Patience rewards the grower.
:huggg:

Thank you for the great information, perhaps I will use less water and I will note the differences I see in my plant in my journal. It's my first every grow so I am just trying my best to learn on the job.

the top of the soil is slightly moist, an inch below the coco medium, if i put my finger through it's slightly damp still too, I will be putting them in direct sun for a little bit today and it should also dry out the medium a bit, depending on how moist it is I might try feeding just some PH bal water today (Very little) and see how that works out.

I had no clue getting runoff at this stage was choking the plant. I was just following the youtuber Seed to Stoned and his schedule is not very clear but from what I got from watching his videos, he stattes the first week no nutes and on week 2 begin adding nutes and so on and so on but he never states how much water at what stages to use or what size roughly your plant should be before adding nutes. It's just hard getting information, I even became a Patreon subscriber for $10 because part of the perks is you get to ask him questions for one-on-one help on your grow and it's been a week and I am yet to get to use the perk so I am not getting much help from him regarding this sadly.

Going to unsub if it keeps going like this because I am learning more from this website than from him at this point.

msi91

Also on a side note, I am growing in CoCo and so many people on a different platform tell me to feed nutes from week 2 and forward due to coco not having any nutrition but people here tell me to not feed nutes in CoCo until the plant grows a 3-5 finger leaf.

Can someone explain the reasoning as to why either is right or wrong?

P

pongster

Thank you for the great information, perhaps I will use less water and I will note the differences I see in my plant in my journal. It's my first every grow so I am just trying my best to learn on the job.

the top of the soil is slightly moist, an inch below the coco medium, if i put my finger through it's slightly damp still too, I will be putting them in direct sun for a little bit today and it should also dry out the medium a bit, depending on how moist it is I might try feeding just some PH bal water today (Very little) and see how that works out.

I had no clue getting runoff at this stage was choking the plant. I was just following the youtuber Seed to Stoned and his schedule is not very clear but from what I got from watching his videos, he stattes the first week no nutes and on week 2 begin adding nutes and so on and so on but he never states how much water at what stages to use or what size roughly your plant should be before adding nutes. It's just hard getting information, I even became a Patreon subscriber for $10 because part of the perks is you get to ask him questions for one-on-one help on your grow and it's been a week and I am yet to get to use the perk so I am not getting much help from him regarding this sadly.

Going to unsub if it keeps going like this because I am learning more from this website than from him at this point.

hello brother, i also overwatered today, so we are OW bro's. :huggg:I overwatered with 500 ml...

:laughing: so dumb, now i will let them rest maybe 2 or 3 days, even 4.

Just wait until you see cotyledons wilt then start feed. no matter the media, the plant is the plant :) and water little!

Best luck:tiphat:

msi91

hello brother, i also overwatered today, so we are OW bro's. :huggg:I overwatered with 500 ml...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80545&pictureid=1954094&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
:laughing: so dumb, now i will let them rest maybe 2 or 3 days, even 4.

Just wait until you see cotyledons wilt then start feed. no matter the media, the plant is the plant :) and water little!

Best luck:tiphat:

Damn man, we are OW brothers hahaha I like that :laughing:

See that is what confuses me, on a Discord community, everyone is saying "You have to feed nutes in CoCo from the start because CoCo has zero nutes in it and your plant needs nutes to grow, especially if its an autoflower you dont want to stunt growth and ruin yields" and over here people tell me to just wait lol. I never though growing would have so much information haha.

Your plants are looking beautiful though man! I'm going to spray mine lightly today once they dry up a bit more.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know if I'm too baked but when you say don't have expectations are you saying to not expect anything good?

Did you have a bad experience with their genetics for the pineapple express autos?

Yes, numerous folks on here bad sub-par experiences, myself included, doing 2 Fast Duds 'test' grows....low yield, small plants, mediocre smoke. As said....don't have expectations, you won't be disappointed.

msi91

Yes, numerous folks on here bad sub-par experiences, myself included, doing 2 Fast Duds 'test' grows....low yield, small plants, mediocre smoke. As said....don't have expectations, you won't be disappointed.

Oh, but you haven't grown their pineapple express autos?

I personally don't expect anything from "test" seeds because to me a test seed is just to see where it ends up, I feel strains that are already established would have better genetics and do better than seeds that are in a testing phase.

I've read tons of good reviews on seedsman website about the fast buds pineapple express, 30 reviews almost all 5 stars so I ended up getting it after checking other sites for reviews with the specific strain and people kept saying good things. I hope you are wrong lol but if you are right, I will report back with my results lol.

I will most likely start a grow journal for those seeds.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I personally don't expect anything from "test" seeds because to me a test seed is just to see where it ends up, I feel strains that are already established would have better genetics and do better than seeds that are in a testing phase.

I've read tons of good reviews on seedsman website about the fast buds pineapple express, 30 reviews almost all 5 stars so I ended up getting it after checking other sites for reviews with the specific strain and people kept saying good things. I hope you are wrong lol but if you are right, I will report back with my results lol.

You'll find out through your own experience as many of us have. Lackluster.

Check #5 post on this....read others experiences that are TRUE here.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=355061

Grew out the Original Glue....it hermied, grew out the Tangi'matic SAME DAMN SEEDS FAST DUDS SELLS.....quite underwhelming.

We have out own hybrid of Pineapple Express, so we'll stick with that.

FB was once a vendor here, but so much flack from inferior results, they aren't here any more. Does that tell you anything?

Good luck with the grow.

P

pongster

Damn man, we are OW brothers hahaha I like that :laughing:

See that is what confuses me, on a Discord community, everyone is saying "You have to feed nutes in CoCo from the start because CoCo has zero nutes in it and your plant needs nutes to grow, especially if its an autoflower you dont want to stunt growth and ruin yields" and over here people tell me to just wait lol. I never though growing would have so much information haha.

Your plants are looking beautiful though man! I'm going to spray mine lightly today once they dry up a bit more.

Yes, soon we will be harvest brothers, i'm sure. Thank you for your words,

Firstly, don't spray, leave it alone please haha let it meet the sun, and start their natural dance, when you are with your girlfriend you don't drink till you black out, you want kiss and talk and look at the stars with some nice wine, plant and sun are the same...

Second, from what i read and saw, i would follow aridbud's advice letter by letter; what he says holds lots of truth, since you are new (i consider myself rookie as well), certainly you can be impressed with this new weed you can grow from that bank (which i don't know), but for these guys who have been around long enough and actually working with this, they know much better. I'm not saying that those seeds will not grow into something niiiiiice for your mind, but surely there are other options out there in which you can get better quality for your hard earned pesos.

Myself, i'm a strong fan of old banks, which used to interact a lot in the forums back in late 2000s, such as Cannabiogen, ACE and Mandala. All of them for me are safe bet. Sensi seeds has always been somehow safe for me, as they are very stable, but at least where i live it's expensive seed and stock gets old in the stores. For most of the rest that remain unknown to me, i treat them as multipliers or "crossers" instead of actual breeders, but i know nothing.

My day off is off, so back to the horse. Best luck!:tiphat:

msi91

You'll find out through your own experience as many of us have. Lackluster.

Check #5 post on this....read others experiences that are TRUE here.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=355061

Grew out the Original Glue....it hermied, grew out the Tangi'matic SAME DAMN SEEDS FAST DUDS SELLS.....quite underwhelming.

We have out own hybrid of Pineapple Express, so we'll stick with that.

FB was once a vendor here, but so much flack from inferior results, they aren't here any more. Does that tell you anything?

Good luck with the grow.

I'm a med-student with a BSc (Bachelor of Science) and the reason I mention that is to let it be known that I look at this logically and as an outsider looking it, it seems you and a select few members on this forum have a vendetta against them and that's fine with me, you had bad results and you tell everyone about it and that's cool, especially if you think you are helping people.

But you have to also consider the thought process of people who have had great results with a strain you have not grown, you haven't had experience with the genetics of the seeds I purchased so logically speaking, your opinion on the pineapple express auto pheno isn't viable. This is not a personal attack against you, I am speaking logically and calmly and how it looks from an outsiders perspective looking in and I hope you don't find offence to it.

If you are right, I will credit you when I make a journal, if you are wrong, I will also let you know so you don't spread misinformation.

I did research on Fast Buds on this forum specifically, I only found 5 threads and only a select few have bad things to say about them. I haven't scanned every section of the forum, just this subforum specifically. I also did research as any man of science would and tried to found reviews that matched your statements and aside from this forum, I am yet to find consistent bad reviews so that is why I took my shot with them.

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and I am not condemning them until I complete the grow which isn't even going to start until my current plants finish.

I understand you have had bad results with them and for all I know, you might just have horrible growing practices and have bad results and just blame them for it, at the end of the day I don't know you and I will consider your statements but unless you have grown the specific strain I have ordered and I have failed to find any journals/logs of any of your grows so I cannot even look at how you are growing your seeds from start to finish to determine if you are at fault or the genetics of Fast Buds is.

Once again, I want to state that this is not a personal attack on you, I am speaking from a unbiased point and am speaking in a logical manner. You wouldn't take my advice if I told you all Mercedes Benz cars sucked and were faulty if all I ever drive is a Honda. Same way I take what you say with a grain of salt because you may have had bad experience with them, but I have no clue how you grew them and you haven't had experience with my specific strain either.

I thank you for alerting me but until I see the end-result I will be taking the bad reputation they have with a grain of salt because I know growers who have had great results, I never heard anything bad about them until I joined this community if we are being completely honest.

Only time will tell!

msi91

Yes, soon we will be harvest brothers, i'm sure. Thank you for your words,

Firstly, don't spray, leave it alone please haha let it meet the sun, and start their natural dance, when you are with your girlfriend you don't drink till you black out, you want kiss and talk and look at the stars with some nice wine, plant and sun are the same...

Second, from what i read and saw, i would follow aridbud's advice letter by letter; what he says holds lots of truth, since you are new (i consider myself rookie as well), certainly you can be impressed with this new weed you can grow from that bank (which i don't know), but for these guys who have been around long enough and actually working with this, they know much better. I'm not saying that those seeds will not grow into something niiiiiice for your mind, but surely there are other options out there in which you can get better quality for your hard earned pesos.

Myself, i'm a strong fan of old banks, which used to interact a lot in the forums back in late 2000s, such as Cannabiogen, ACE and Mandala. All of them for me are safe bet. Sensi seeds has always been somehow safe for me, as they are very stable, but at least where i live it's expensive seed and stock gets old in the stores. For most of the rest that remain unknown to me, i treat them as multipliers or "crossers" instead of actual breeders, but i know nothing.

My day off is off, so back to the horse. Best luck!:tiphat:

Thanks for the words! Yes, there are tons of experienced people on this forum but the reason I am taking what aribuds says with a grain of salt is he's contributed zero to my thread and is just telling me about how bad fast buds is with no journals for me to even see regarding the specific pheno I am growing of the PE auto.

For every bad review he can show me on this website, I can find 3 that are good and that is why I am giving fast buds the benefit of the doubt. I have seen pictures on Seed to Stoneds discord of people growing the Pineapple Express from fast buds and the plants look gorgeous and they claim to have a beautiful smell and the plants look strong and healthy so It's hard for me to take a statement condemning the entire genetics of all their plants when I see growers having success with many of the fast buds genetics, especially the good reviews on seedsman website which is a whole different story lol.

I like to look at this logically and from a scientific point-of-view and if someone has no experience in my specific situation then I can't really take their warnings to heart. Perhaps they are right, but i'd be stupid to deny myself the experience of learning if they are or not.

I find it odd that this is the only website where I found bad reviews, yeah I have seen a few 2 star reviews and whatnot on some sites but 90% of every review I have read is positive and the pictures look astonishing.

I am only 27 years old, I have plenty of years to buy garbage genetics lol so I am going to find out if the hate for fast buds is legit or not.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Go for it med student. After 39 yrs in healthcare (Master's degree), 46 years growing, 13 yrs growing and breeding/selling autos, I know nothing about nothing. Won't be offering up any further suggestions.

msi91

Go for it med student. After 39 yrs in healthcare (Master's degree), 46 years growing, 13 yrs growing and breeding/selling autos, I know nothing about nothing. Won't be offering up any further suggestions.

No need to be offended, that's why I stated multiple times to not take offence.

You also stated that "we" have our own version of pineapple express here and you will stick to it. Do you profit from it? Or did you have anything to do with it making it to the site?

This thread wasn't for suggestions, it was for help on a specific situation which you have not contributed to, you just came in here to push your opinion onto me with zero proof and then you mention that this site has a pheno of its own and you stick to that instead.

You clearly have money invested into this website and I have no clue if you profit from thise Pineapple Express seeds you mentioned here and if you do, then how can a logical person not think you are just pushing your own seeds and discrediting competitors?

Many experienced growers I spoke to about fast buds tell me that it most likely is error on your behalf and you pass blame onto the genetics.

When a person comes into a thread to bash a company and then mentions their own version of the genetics in question then it kind of makes it hard to take what you say serious, especially when you haven't even helped.

You clearly took offense to it and I would expect someone with a masters to be able to understand where I am coming from. You have no journals or evidence that you actually grow (not saying you don't) and you expect a person that isn't mentally handicapped to take you word for it with no proof? You should know better in that case if you do have a masters and you are as old as you are with experience.

You should be guiding me with my grows and teaching me growing techniques instead of bashing a company/competitor that you have no experience growing the genetics in question (pineapple express)

But it's okay, I'll be fine if your only suggestions are bashing companies as opposed to growing suggestions then don't worry, I don't need them.

msi91

doofus, you are. arid tried to tell you. and yep, bought arid's gear for years. go ahead and make mistakes.

Tell that to the Discord channel with tons of people who can show amazing results and other communities contrary to what I am being told by him, if that makes me a doofus for not taking the word of someone who has no experience with my pheno and who profits from selling his own autos then I guess I am a doofus for not falling in line like you did.

I guess I am dumb for not taking the word of someone bashing his competitors.

Interesting.