What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

purple auto flowers

Rose56

Hi I am growing Durban Poison auto flower for the first time. The buds are so dark they almost look black. How will I be able to tell they are ready?

Mr Jay

Veteran
Also, your plant will begin to wind down at the end and tell you she's done as long as you don't cram nutes down her neck at the very end.

Check the breeder's info on the strain and dial down feeding for the last week or two.

LUNAROSE

Attachments

• IMG_2135.jpg
    IMG_2135.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2136.jpg
    IMG_2136.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 45

PDX Dopesmoker

Here is a picture of one of my autos. I have tried a loupe but can not see orange against the purple. She is almost 16 weeks old but the breeder listed them as 12 week start to finish.https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment...nt.php?attachmentid=498350&stc=1&d=1561953431

Thats some attractive purple flowers. I use a camera with a macro lens to look at trichomes, so I can't really tell you how to employ the loupe correctly, but if you grew that outdoor and it went though cool weather, it could take a substantial time longer to finish than what the pack says.
An individual from a 12 week strain could take longer than 16 weeks if it goes through a substantial enough amount of cool weather.
How many weeks has it been flowering for?

LUNAROSE

Thanks. Originally I was planning on autos in GH regulars outside, all started in GH. I had 40 autos. Something got into the GH and destroyed 25. I replaced them with my seeds but because I was so pissed off I lost track. The AF's ended up outside, Nights here get into the fifties and even upper 40's even in the summer.