What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

autoflowering in coco ¿how to water?

nebba

Hello, I hope not to disturb, it's not my intention, I'm new to the forum, I've been reading the coconut forum for two days looking for watering in autoflowering but I have not found anything. I'm going to start a 100% coconut culture with 5 automatic Kali Mistery, so I have the doubt of whether I should water them every day like feminized ones, or if I should irrigate very little water in the first days, also if I already put them in their flowerpot of 7litros definitive. I have other feminized plants in coconut, watering every day and they go very well with the car I have many questions. I also hope I apologize because I write with the translator. Thank you very much for stopping by.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coco coir is a soilless growing medium which gives the experience of growing in soil. Plants are kept in regular pots, and growers simply water their plants with nutrient water. Coco coir can be treated basically the same as soil for growing cannabis.

Coco coir is an inert growing medium with no inherent nutritional value, so growers must provide nutrients and manage pH throughout the grow. Unless starting with composted super soil, most soil growers end up having to add nutrients and manage pH just like with coco coir.

You'll Need a Cal-Mag Supplement – Cannabis plants grown in coco coir tends to need more calcium compared to other growing mediums, so usually a standard “Cal-Mag” supplement is needed to make sure plants get all the calcium they need. These contain calcium as well as magnesium (which is needed for your plant to be able to use the calcium properly).

It usually comes in dry bricks, so the bricks have to be re-hydrated before you can grow plants in the coir (explained below, it’s actually really easy). However, if you don’t mind spending a little bit more, there are pre-made mixes with coco coir that are formulated specifically for plants like cannabis.

Water them as you would with soil. Seedlings need water but not overwater.

Use 18/6 or 20/4 light regimen throughout unless growing outdoors.

nebba

Thanks Aridbud for the answer, then watering as if it were soil? The seedlings are going to be outdoors and then before nightfall I will put them with CFL up to 20 hours, as a mixed crop. It is very important for me that the seedlings come out very well because I am a medical user and I need them as fast as I can because where I live is not legal yet. I put a previous crop on substrate and what I assumed was that I had to have a crop now has been a nightmare. I have decided on the coconut after seeing the good results that are obtained but I have to go slowly and learn from you so that this second crop and first coco leaves perfect.

Latest posts

Latest posts