What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I got mad.... i need to let off some steam....

F

Frylock

I had been letting my dogs sleep inside for a few days because they learned how to dig under the back gate.... one of them urinated all over my nintendo switch which was in it's dock, plugged in.

It doesn't look like it should be damaged by it, but i need to buy a special screwdriver to open it up.

Anyway, this was about a week ago, since then i took the game out of the dock and cleaned it and it still worked fine.
I tried a different game and was working fine.

So, i just left it on the table for a few days and then tonight when i walked past i saw that the screen was on, just a dull black screen but clearly ON.
I tried holding the power button for 15 seconds to reset it then turned it back on.... BLUE SCREEN. :mad:
I put it into the dock and the green light was flashing instead of solid, i took all the plugs out (blow on them, of course :redface: ) and put it back together then put the game in the dock again.... now it flashes once when i put the game in but then stays off.

I was getting so frustrated i punched a stone chimney and peeled some skin off like a douchebag to make things even better :cry:

I just had my previous laptop ruined last year by spilling ink on the keyboard, feeling like whatever can go wrong with these electronics is going wrong.

IT'S EXPENSIVE :frown: :frown:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Back in my day we would chop wood when we got angry.

See if there are sticks to pick up in the yard.

Take that dog for a walk and get outside.

Perspective will cure your funk I promise.

F

Frylock

Thanks peoples, it's night time now.
Some CBD Mangoaze mixed with OGKB bx1 has helped already a little :)

I really hope i can fix this thing without having to send it anywhere.... i don't even play it much but i ordered some new games the other day for some variety but idk if i can play them.... *sigh*

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Get a kennel for your dogs for the times when you can't watch them. Contrary to popular belief, most dogs love their kennel. It's their little 'home cave'.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
your dog is jealous and marking its territory.

I recently got a laptop for the bedroom and the dogs hate it.

They continually place themselves between me and the screen and when I leave the room I know what the consequence would be if I left the laptop unattended, marked territory. :tiphat:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Dogs only love their kennel when they are taught to.

It's still jail if it locks.

Dogs are worth many Nintendos.

Sunshineinabag

I had been letting my dogs sleep inside for a few days because they learned how to dig under the back gate.... one of them urinated all over my nintendo switch which was in it's dock, plugged in.

It doesn't look like it should be damaged by it, but i need to buy a special screwdriver to open it up.

Anyway, this was about a week ago, since then i took the game out of the dock and cleaned it and it still worked fine.
I tried a different game and was working fine.

So, i just left it on the table for a few days and then tonight when i walked past i saw that the screen was on, just a dull black screen but clearly ON.
I tried holding the power button for 15 seconds to reset it then turned it back on.... BLUE SCREEN. :mad:
I put it into the dock and the green light was flashing instead of solid, i took all the plugs out (blow on them, of course :redface: ) and put it back together then put the game in the dock again.... now it flashes once when i put the game in but then stays off.

I was getting so frustrated i punched a stone chimney and peeled some skin off like a douchebag to make things even better :cry:

I just had my previous laptop ruined last year by spilling ink on the keyboard, feeling like whatever can go wrong with these electronics is going wrong.

IT'S EXPENSIVE :frown: :frown:
Replace the Nintendo with a lover and an active breed dog .....if no lover get a partner for your current dog....French bulldogs attract alot of folks! I just see someone who needs fresh air therapy

I used to play world or tanks I digress

Sunshineinabag

Ignorance is not bliss

Ignorance is not bliss

Get a kennel for your dogs for the times when you can't watch them. Contrary to popular belief, most dogs love their kennel. It's their little 'home cave'.

Pack animals don't do kennels.......unless some human decided it was in thier best interest....which is assinine....kinda like participation trophies

Pack animals don't do kennels.......unless some human decided it was in thier best interest....which is assinine....kinda like participation trophies

The Nintendo is well known for its failure, especially the earliest of the released first edition. Blinking screen, green, blue and black screen is very common due to poor connectivity with the cartridges. Its a cheap part and easy fix that would have stopped us from constantly slapping the machine and cartridges while blowing on them back in the day when Nintendo was #1

Glad your dog didn't get zapped, even though it may have put a stop to this issue..

G

GatorGumbo

Deserved it for making them sleep outside at all, I'd piss on your pack leader shit too.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Yeah, you guys are right. I have spent 40 years studying and working with dogs, I have rooms full of trophys and blue ribbons for my efforts. I am recognized nationally for my expertise in dogs.

But.... yeah, you guys are right. Dogs hate kennels. They love to pee on your stuff. Good dog. LMAO

Sunshineinabag

I don't study them. I treat them with respect and hunt with them.....I think humans should be kenneled too oh wait that right we do that too

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Control comes in a variety of colors.

I've trained dogs too.

You want to be special?

You are.

Maybe you could take a stroll with your pooch.

Maybe come back loose and happy...

Maybe have your head on straight.

And less swollen.

troutman

Seed Whore
Nintendo blue screen of death. :moon:

You're not the only one to get it and it's not even dog related.

It's actually an existing Nintendo Switch issue.

Google nintendo blue screen of death.

Maybe try this: TLDR - I have a troubleshooting fix theory for the Switch BSOD:

1.) make sure your dock is plugged into the wall and your tv

2.) Hold the power button down for 12 seconds till it turns off (hard reset)

3.) immediately put your switch into the dock (and i mean no more that 1-2 seconds after)

From here:

Troubleshooting - I Got the Switch Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) twice, and fixed it both times the same way. I believe I have found a troubleshoot fix that works!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
my first thought would be to pee on the dog since he doesn't work and doesn't have money

shithawk420

Veteran
The Nintendo is well known for its failure, especially the earliest of the released first edition. Blinking screen, green, blue and black screen is very common due to poor connectivity with the cartridges. Its a cheap part and easy fix that would have stopped us from constantly slapping the machine and cartridges while blowing on them back in the day when Nintendo was #1

Glad your dog didn't get zapped, even though it may have put a stop to this issue..
The original Nintendo was a little finicky but Nintendo has the longest running hardware in the business.

Actually I just read trout's post.i Haven't heard of this problem.gauranteed it was the piss though.
My dog spilled my beer on my DS4 and it worked for awhile but then I had to fix it with parts from china.works perfect now

Latest posts

Latest posts