What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perfect predator plant for bugs?

Eternal Play

Something that can grow easily using modern marijuana botany, something that’ll really busy those gnats, mites, and aphids, maybe a corn plant?

thailer

are you talking about a trap plant used to lure bugs in the garden so the trap plant can be destroyed along with the bugs it carries? I've tried something like that but it didn't really help. i used pepper plants. typically something high in nitrogen like a legume but peppers are easier to grow indoors.

Eternal Play

are you talking about a trap plant used to lure bugs in the garden so the trap plant can be destroyed along with the bugs it carries? I've tried something like that but it didn't really help. i used pepper plants. typically something high in nitrogen like a legume but peppers are easier to grow indoors.

the plant doesn't have to destroy the bugs, just migrate them so they stop devouring marijuana plants

I think young saplings can work but they'll die quickly

Nicotinia Rustica, also known as "Wild Tobacco" has a nicotine content that is roughly 3x stronger in percentage then the typical Nicotinia Tobaccum (Common Tobacco) and it is only grown in the agricultural production settings for pesticide use and applications once its processed.

Pretty easy to grow and most insects are going to avoid the plant, especially if it is eaten. Aphids though, well they are a tobacco farmers nemesis due to their fondness for the tobacco stalks juices. They don't really harm the plant in small numbers, but the secretions that ants collect while farming them tends to develop black sooty looking mold almost overnight. In short, I keep wild tobacco in all of my gardens outside and I rarely have any problems with pests other than the Aphids mentioned which if caught earlier in the infestation are easily dealt with using a garden hose and a little Tanglefoot or even Vaseline.