What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Screaming Eagle. First Grow

808WolfBlood

Aloha,

Been stalking the forums for a while and thought it would be nice to contribute to the community. Also looking forward to any feedback anyone would like to give since there are some wizards on here with insane knowledge.

Anyway here is the basic rundown so far.

I received 6 Screaming Eagle (dominion seeds) plants from one of my friends. Not exactly sure the exact age of plants but was told 3 weeks when I first got them so going off of that. Kept them indoors for a few days and moved them outdoors since they will be grown in pots outdoors.

My soil is from bags, I am using a mix of 2 bags of Mother Earth Groundswell and 1 bag of and one bag of Roots Organic Original. I left them in smaller pots until they started to show sex, one male out of the six so I pulled him and Repotted 4 of my females (I ran out of my soil mix so the 4th will be reported in Fox Farm Ocean Forest), I am using Roots Organic Bio Bud and a CalMag to feed so far during flowering. I am using lower levels of nutrients and my feeding schedule is every other watering. I haven't had any pest problems, nor do I so no pest control yet.

I started to train them this weekend to try to keep them a little lower, a couple of pots also have companion plants to try to hide them. I think I will use rubber bands as I have seen in other threads when I need to retie everything.

These are being grown in Hawaii, as mentioned they are outdoors. I would love any feedback that anyone has. Heres a few pics of them. The plant in the smaller pot will be transplanted next weekend as mentioned above.

Attachments

• GOPR7237.jpg
    GOPR7237.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 40
  • GOPR7239.jpg
    GOPR7239.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 39
  • GOPR7236.jpg
    GOPR7236.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 32
  • GOPR7240.jpg
    GOPR7240.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 39
X

xavier7995

Curious how it turns out, duke puts out great stuff and i have been eyeing that one. Good luck!

808WolfBlood

update

update

just a little update
Plants are still doing good for the most part. Have some pest problems eating leaves here and there. My largest problem was some broken stems from either the intense wind we had or my dog bulldozing around the yard but i wrapped them up and so far so good. Its been raining a ton too so haven't fed nutrients all week. But on the Nutrients too I found out the BigBud isn't enough so Ill be mixing it with the other bloom from General Organics. Hoping that the rain is done for now so I can get back to normal feeding schedule. Heres a few Pictures.

Thanks Xavier7995 so far its been growing well. only problems have been caused by bugs or myself.

Attachments

• plant 5.jpg
    plant 5.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 49
  • plant 3.jpg
    plant 3.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 34
  • plant 2.jpg
    plant 2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 36
  • plant 1.jpg
    plant 1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 31

808WolfBlood

Week 3 flowering update.

Week 3 flowering update.

All plants growing strong, I had adjusted my nutrients and upgraded my meter for better readings. The weather here is beautiful lately. As I mentioned last week I was having a pest problem, Neem Oil has taken care of that almost instantly. The two plants that had broken stems also seem to have not only recovered but they may be the fastest developing plants. Sorry the pictures haven't been great, I've never been a professional photographer. I have been using an old camera the past few weeks and this will be the last update with that one. It doesn't do the plants justice so look forward to better pictures starting next week.

I will be germinating seeds for the next round of plants but figured it would be fun to ask for input. I have the option of going with some Kurple Fantasy from Imperial Genetics or some Rampage from Secret Society Seed Co. Which one would you grow/want to see grown?

Ill upload plants on separate posts after this. I realized I didn't put up a picture of plant 4 up last week and this week I only got one good one so I will try to get a few for next week.

808WolfBlood

Week 3 Plant 1

Week 3 Plant 1

pictures of Plant 1 Week 3

Attachments

• PLANT 1, W3.jpg
    PLANT 1, W3.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 32
  • PLANT 1, W3-1.jpg
    PLANT 1, W3-1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 32
  • PLANT 1, W3-2.jpg
    PLANT 1, W3-2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 43
  • PLANT1, W3-3.jpg
    PLANT1, W3-3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 31

808WolfBlood

Week 3 Plant 2

Week 3 Plant 2

Pictures of Plant 2

Attachments

• PLANT 2, W3-1.jpg
    PLANT 2, W3-1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 46
  • PLANT 2, W3.jpg
    PLANT 2, W3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 38

808WolfBlood

Week 3 Plant 3

Week 3 Plant 3

Pictures of Plant 3

Attachments

• PLANT 4, W3.jpg
    PLANT 4, W3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 37
  • PLANT 4, W3-1.jpg
    PLANT 4, W3-1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 39

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
looks like some sweet action you got growing there wolf'

you are growing these plants outdoors right now brother?
about when does the sun come up/when does it set/
those girls look like they are setting bud already...
/know anything more about the strain?

808WolfBlood

Week 3 Plant 5

Week 3 Plant 5

Plant 5

Attachments

• PLANT 5, W3-2.jpg
    PLANT 5, W3-2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 43
  • PLANT 5, W3-1.jpg
    PLANT 5, W3-1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 39
  • PLANT 5, W3.jpg
    PLANT 5, W3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 39

808WolfBlood

Week 3 Close ups

Week 3 Close ups

So I was able to get some better close up photos this week showing how they are doing. I guess I should also specify when I saw this is week 3 I mean it is the 3rd week of being in 12/12 light outdoors. All of these pictures were taken on the 21st day of showing sex/flowering.

Attachments

• week 3-5.jpg
    week 3-5.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 36
  • week 3-4.jpg
    week 3-4.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 41
  • week 3-3.jpg
    week 3-3.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 42
  • week 3-2.jpg
    week 3-2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 47
  • week 3-1.jpg
    week 3-1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 44
  • week 3-6.jpg
    week 3-6.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 40
  • week 3-7.jpg
    week 3-7.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 43

808WolfBlood

pop_rocks

pop_rocks

Thanks for the kind words.
To let you know more about this I'll fill you in with some info. the plants are around 6-7 weeks old, I got them from from a friend after he had them in veg for 3 weeks, moved them outdoors and they started showing sex almost immediately.
The strain is Screaming Eagle from Dominion Seeds.
It is a cross of Airborne G13 X "88G13 Hashplant X Afghani"
It should flower between 58-68 days and have a high yield. The plant starts producing resin early and keeps packing on until the end. Growing notes were to feed heavy nitrogen and calcium during the first half of flower and around week 7 throw a good magnesium and pk boost.
I do have these growing outdoors. Going off of todays schedule sunrise at 5:51 AM and sunset at 7:00 pm.

Any other questions let me know and I'll be happy to answer. So far I am very happy with this strain and look forward to expanding my garden.

808WolfBlood

Week 3 Plant 3

Week 3 Plant 3

The pictures uploaded earlier were doubles of Plant 4. These are the correct ones.

Attachments

• PLANT 1, W3-2.jpg
    PLANT 1, W3-2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 41
  • PLANT 3, W3-1.jpg
    PLANT 3, W3-1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 37
  • PLANT 3, W3.jpg
    PLANT 3, W3.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 36

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening B'
your latest pics are looking nice, might want to throw some water on the other plant at 11o'clock there but the pot plant is doing well
dude, from what i can see in your pics, she is not just showing sex but setting flower super early unless she is an auto flower
your photo period is about the same as mine in san diego (sunrise at about 5:50a sets after 7p)
i dont know about your particular strain but i find it interesting that she is already that far along in her cycles
at this rate she is going to be ripe around late june/ early july?!?
im not seeing any deficiencies so you have them in some good dirt, but its odd that they are flowering so early
/i could be trippin in which case its my bad but maybe you have some weird pheno of this variety
have you done any stem rubbing, how does she smell?

808WolfBlood

Thanks again for the input. The plants in the black pots dry out faster, the ones that look like fake barrels don't drain as well and retain water in the bottom so I have those on a lighter but more frequent watering schedule. I don't believe these are an auto flower, they were vegged for 3 weeks before I put them outdoors and they started showing sex within the next few days. Also an update on the strain we may have been wrong about the strain. Some friends came by to give me their feedback, one was who I got them from and he believes they may not be the Screaming Eagle but Super Silver Haze X Hash Plant 13. It would be nice to know the strain but at this point I just have to monitor them until they finish and do some comparisons. I have them finishing up in the end of June on my schedule so well see what happens with the unknown genetics. I have some deficiencies on 2 plants that I will be posting up soon. I think I know the cause on one being in a different soil mix, the other one I can't figure out so maybe someone will be able to diagnose them.
These girls are stinky and sticky.

808WolfBlood

Going By Days

Going By Days

Instead of going by days as they start going more into flower I will post pictures of them with reference to day. Everything has been going well for 4 plants, one has something weird going on with it. Like stretching mid-flower. I'll put up the pictures and see if anyone can help me out.

808WolfBlood

Plant 1 Day 29

Plant 1 Day 29

Day 29

Attachments

• Plant 1.jpg
    Plant 1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Plant 1 day29.jpg
    Plant 1 day29.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Plant 1 day29-1.jpg
    Plant 1 day29-1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Plant 1 day29-2.jpg
    Plant 1 day29-2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20160928 170235
    20160928 170235
    63.4 KB · Views: 41

808WolfBlood

Plant 2 Day 29

Plant 2 Day 29

Day 29

Attachments

• Plant 2 day29-1.jpg
    Plant 2 day29-1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Plant 2 day29.jpg
    Plant 2 day29.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Plant 2.jpg
    Plant 2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 19

808WolfBlood

Plant 3 Day 29

Plant 3 Day 29

Plant 3 has been doing something weird with one of the kolas, it is a different color and looks like it is developing differently than the rest of the plant. Has anyone ever had this happen before?

Attachments

• Plant 3.jpg
    Plant 3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Plant 3 day29.jpg
    Plant 3 day29.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Plant 3 day 29-1.jpg
    Plant 3 day 29-1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Plant 3 day29-2.jpg
    Plant 3 day29-2.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Plant 3 day29-3.jpg
    Plant 3 day29-3.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Plant 3 weird. .jpg
    Plant 3 weird. .jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 27

808WolfBlood

Plant 4 Day 29

Plant 4 Day 29

Plant 4 has also something weird going on with it. It's like the plant reverted back to veg and is going through some super stretch mid-flower or something. This plant will likely be chopped and made into butter or something if it doesn't change it's course. I am tempted to just ride it out and see what the finished product looks like.

Attachments

• Plant 4.jpg
    Plant 4.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Plant 4 day29.jpg
    Plant 4 day29.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 23
  • Plant 4 day29-1.jpg
    Plant 4 day29-1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 39
  • Plant 4 day29-2.jpg
    Plant 4 day29-2.jpg