What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My favorite strains - PanHaze, Haze x KC, A5 x NMK, NH x NMK

deepwaterdude

Day 1 12/12

Day 1 12/12

Please forgive my ignorance here, but what does a5 x NMK stand for? And does Ace Seeds still sell this cross?

Nice looking plants too!

Hi, Lightweight:tiphat: those are now called "Killer A5 Haze"; a cross between A5 Haze and New Malawi Killer (NMK). The NH x NMK (Neville's Haze x New Malawi Killer) is now called "Super Malawi Haze".

Do they still sell it? Oh, HELL yes;) New crosses.

Here they are this morning after a nice, warm night and some water. Probably get them tied down before work today.

Attachments

• 5x5 tent, 4x4 tray, 3x3 light.jpg
    5x5 tent, 4x4 tray, 3x3 light.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 34
  • How they stand.jpg
    How they stand.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Da babes day 1 12:12.jpg
    Da babes day 1 12:12.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 38
  • After first indoor water.jpg
    After first indoor water.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 36
Right on braddah, thanks for the info! It was just me not knowing what the NMK stood for. It's been at least a few years since I've grown some Ace seeds, but I think these are calling me and you had me at "the cocaine of marijuana" basically, ha ha ha!

deepwaterdude

Right on braddah, thanks for the info! It was just me not knowing what the NMK stood for. It's been at least a few years since I've grown some Ace seeds, but I think these are calling me and you had me at "the cocaine of marijuana" basically, ha ha ha!

Let's just say "Killer" is a good name for it;) Especially the staink!

Right on! That's good to hear. I grew the pure Malawi a while ago and I wouldn't say it was the best commercial strain. The best qualities they had was the potency and yield. It was REALLY REALLY potent. One buddy of mine that smokes 1-2 ozs per week said smoking the Malawi was like his first time being high again. He said he hadn't been that high since he was 13, ha ha! Also, it did produce some huge gorilla thumb buds and it finished pretty quick for a pure sativa. It didn't have dense buds or very sellable smell or taste which are all pretty important from a commercial aspect especially the smell and looks part. I still ran it for awhile because I liked it, but the customer is always right in the end. They also handled my wet and humid tropical climate pretty well outdoors so there was plenty of positive things about the Malawis I grew.

It sounds like it might turn out better as a cross than pure

Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
Hi, Lightweight:tiphat: those are now called "Killer A5 Haze"; a cross between A5 Haze and New Malawi Killer (NMK). The NH x NMK (Neville's Haze x New Malawi Killer) is now called "Super Malawi Haze".

Do they still sell it? Oh, HELL yes New crosses.

Here they are this morning after a nice, warm night and some water. Probably get them tied down before work today.

Oi oi oi dude's got high spirits, obviously in for a special treat in a few months :woohoo: yer set up resembles mine a lot, in terms of space and strains, the only difference being the cro magnonish look of mine :biggrin: honestly now I'll be growing two or three of your line plus PH x M and a ZMD standard beginning late August, couple of weeks in the sun and then under HPS and CDM... I'll be lurking and use yer progress as a compass... and mind you, dilemmas are somewhat time and energy consuming re blumat or not :biggrin:

:tiphat: orf

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
It didn't have dense buds or very sellable smell or taste which are all pretty important from a commercial aspect

commerce is why it's illegal in the u.s so hopefully it will be less and less important for cannabis to have "bag appeal" in the (hopefully very near) future.

as a customer, personally i look for thin and whispy and i look for it NOT smelling like every other crappy hybrid, but i'm not one to choose based upon what it looks or smells like. the only aspect i actually care about is the high, and your description ticks that box :biggrin:

deepwaterdude

Got pistils;)

Got pistils;)

commerce is why it's illegal in the u.s so hopefully it will be less and less important for cannabis to have "bag appeal" in the (hopefully very near) future.

as a customer, personally i look for thin and whispy and i look for it NOT smelling like every other crappy hybrid, but i'm not one to choose based upon what it looks or smells like. the only aspect i actually care about is the high, and your description ticks that box :biggrin:

Rare breed we are to remember the weed of the 70s and 80s and to still seek out those mind cracking highs;) That's why I'm here at Ace! The old hippies around here are entirely converted to new hybrids and on permastone. The only haze grown around here is super lemon, and it's full of afgani stone and quite dirty, as is all the dispensary stuff. Blech.

Orf! Hail the new indoor master! Your GTs and Super malawi haze are ridonculous... Very inspiring stuff, the buds are as cro-magnon as your setup! Looks like you could donk the neighboring cavewoman on the head with one and drag her home:biggrin:

I am very happy (and a tad surprised) to see lady parts on Panama Haze, Haze x KC and Super Malawi haze. The 2 A5s that I topped aren't showing yet, though #2 is alternating internodes, so close;)

Looks like there'll be a good crop of lowers for clones should I want them:woohoo:
Good day on the Ace train, lovedee

orfeas

Veteran
Orf! Hail the new indoor master! Your GTs and Super malawi haze are ridonculous... Very inspiring stuff, the buds are as cro-magnon as your setup! Looks like you could donk the neighboring cavewoman on the head with one and drag her home:biggrin:

Hey man I hear ya on the neighbouring sheila :biggrin: thing is we've denounced corporal punishment, H.D. Thoreau talked us into that after a long discussion by Walden, and now a few puffs into the cave do the job, meek and obedient led away... the least traumatic abduction :laughing:

Best of luck with yer teenies!

:tiphat:orf

I get where you're coming from. I don't care about looks at all as long as it's not brown, but I do select plants for unique smells and tastes, but they gotta have kick too. I'm not really picky about the effects because almost guaranteed there's some point in the day when a particular strain can be useful. I did enjoy growing far leaning sativa strains when I was growing them though because I would say a lot of them are unique compared to what's normally on the market and I always shoot for having varieties that aren't what you can find everywhere else.

I doubt bag appeal is going anywhere even with legalization, but I sure hope the whole bud density thing gets lost in the annuls of history. I get that people want trichome heavy flowers, but where the heck did the whole bud density come from? When a guys ask me if I have anything that's really dense I know I'm talking to an totally brainwashed amateur smoker who thinks they're an expert. It's about the only request that drives me nuts.

Custie: Do you have anything really dense?

Me: Why does density matter? Don't you break it up anyway or you just like smoking a big chunk of charcoal by the time you're done with a big 'ol dense bud?

Custie: Because dense buds are better.

Me: Really? Why is that?

Custie: Uuuuuhhhh.....

I've had similar conversations numerous times. And I do have varieties that produce really dense bugs, but that's not why I grow them. Anyway, basing quality cannabis off of density even in part is one of my pet peeves for sure.

deepwaterdude

Tad of LST and food today

Tad of LST and food today

Main things you'll see in the following pictorial are A - The illusion of headroom (laughable) And B - that Panama Haze and Haze x KC look like carbon copies of each other, with the PanHAze being a bit more branchy.

I moved the Killer A5s to the back, which they are welcome to fill out, the two big hazes to the middle for maximum everything, and the NevMal Aka Super Malawi Haze to the middle front. My plan is to take her outside to finish when daylight gets to 12/12. I'm thinking she'll still be portable.

A5 #1 is the most sensitive plant in the bunch, and she with the thinnest leaves ATM. Methinks I overdid it with the guano in the mix. Tad of tip burn here and there. Otherwise pretty right on.

Last thought before pics is that I made the mistake of checking out Sir Buddler Budsalot's thread. I'm wondering if I can use my remaining Sensi Coco bloom with these girls even though they're in peat, correcting pH gently upward to 6.8?

Here's da Haze Gang after a few days 11.5/12.5. I will clean the lowers up when stretch abates. Hasn't really started IMHO. Temps are perfect lights on and off; lights on anywhere from 77-90 degrees, perfect for good transpiration under LED, while lights off looks like 72 was the balmy low. Eggselent.:dance013:

Good day all, deew

Attachments

• Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Killer A5 #2.jpg
    Killer A5 #2.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Killer A5 #1.jpg
    Killer A5 #1.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Da Haze Gang.jpg
    Da Haze Gang.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 34
  • The Gang June 22, just LSTd.jpg
    The Gang June 22, just LSTd.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Panama Haze.jpg
    Panama Haze.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Panama Haze's big sunflower head.jpg
    Panama Haze's big sunflower head.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 62
  • PanHAze's twin, Haze x KC.jpg
    PanHAze's twin, Haze x KC.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Haze x KC.jpg
    Haze x KC.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Love this fat little girl-SMH.jpg
    Love this fat little girl-SMH.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 59

deepwaterdude

Heads back up

Heads back up

And tied back down a bit. Stretch is definitely starting:biggrin: Getting some good bushing out. The A5s don't look very happy... I may have to feed them separately. Anyway, I like the way things are moving at the moment sizewise, branchiness, and vigor for the PanHaze, Haze x KC and Super Malawi Haze. Yesterday was a bit cooler, gotta let them dry out and get the A5s back on the rails. I'm also going to give them a good Neem foliar, with a little bit of CalMag.
G'day all, deep

Attachments

• DSC03711.jpg
    DSC03711.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC03710.jpg
    DSC03710.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC03709.jpg
    DSC03709.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 29

deepwaterdude

For me own records, dropped two beans yesterday afternoon in one outdoor pot. On left, C5 x KC, on right Hashplant Haze x KC.... must remember this;)
All's well; indoor girls all got fed today, and Neem/CalMag foliar yesterday.

deepwaterdude

10th day of 12/12

10th day of 12/12

Looked back on my into the haze grow (a winter run), for some perspective on how we were doing this time around. I kinda thought they were going suspiciously slow for early stretch, , especially in heat, but looks like things are on target. Most growth right now is lateral, except PanHaze, who really wants to shoot upward. A5 2 is turning into a nice bush, and may be the one of the 2 I keep. I very much like the girls in the front. Cleaned up bottoms a tad.

It's hot as balls out, but in the tent they don't seem to get over 90, so not too bad. They also need more food, some yellowing going on down under. I'm going to try my sensi nutes tmrw, making sure pH is in correct range for the medium. pH perfect they may be, but not going to leave this one for the judges.

1st pic is ten days ago, second 6 days back, from number 3 on is 20 minutes ago;0)

Here is my low stress, come-what-may grow.

Attachments

• Da babes day 1 12:12.jpg
    Da babes day 1 12:12.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC03709.jpg
    DSC03709.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 29
  • Setting some flowers.jpg
    Setting some flowers.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Pulled 'em down again.jpg
    Pulled 'em down again.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 28
  • Panama Haze XL - had to tie her legginess down.jpg
    Panama Haze XL - had to tie her legginess down.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 70
  • Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 31
  • The Killer A5 that'll definitely stay.jpg
    The Killer A5 that'll definitely stay.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 72
  • A5 2 has a nice balanced style - less complicated than sis.jpg
    A5 2 has a nice balanced style - less complicated than sis.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Good lookin' girl HZ x KC.jpg
    Good lookin' girl HZ x KC.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 31
  • Haze x KC.jpg
    Haze x KC.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 29

deepwaterdude

Getting closer to the sweet spot. A nute availability/pH blabathon

Getting closer to the sweet spot. A nute availability/pH blabathon

So I persisted in looking sideways at my girls, doubting they were on track, and I'm glad I did. They look OK, but not as vigorous as my last run with these, not as much terrifying finger spreading, upward energy. I have to thank our own Sam Caldwell (might've spelled wrong) and his gorgeous Zamaldelicas that he realized he wasn't keeping up with and had to water more consistently. I think I've been underwatering the A5s in this heat. Not to mention the below, which I believe is the main culprit.
I watered with Sensi Coco Bloom A + B at 6ml per gallon (1/3 strength, EC 0.8) yesterday, pH upped to 6.8. I measured the runoff at 6.5, which says the medium is too acidic. Good news is the girls sprang to life, reached for the stars, even my lagging Killer A5 #1, so I'll be sticking with these nutes for the grow;) Next waterings will correct soil pH slowly, with even lower EC in case the nutes in the soil become suddenly available and burn the crap out of them.

It feels spammy, but I think the difference between yesterday's pics and today's is instructive as to how much correct pH, or in this case chelated, hence available, nutes, will absolutely make or break a grow. My usual tendency would be to see they're not getting what they need and start to raise EC, worsening the situation.

I still may yank A5 1 from the tent for sake of ease, now that I see #2's bushy potential and Abbott-like nature, but I am happy to see a positive reaction from #1, as she was the amazon of the group, and I know better than to discard an amazon girl - always the biggest and baddest.
Here dey is. Dropped light a few inches to 18" from the PanHAze top, where I had it previous grow.
Gday all, dee

Attachments

• A5 1 on the left, better, but not there yet. A5 2 is lovely.jpg
    A5 1 on the left, better, but not there yet. A5 2 is lovely.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 35
  • Haze x KC and Super Malawi Haze in the throes of nutegasm.jpg
    Haze x KC and Super Malawi Haze in the throes of nutegasm.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 30
  • Panama Haze feeling sparky.jpg
    Panama Haze feeling sparky.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Upward energy is back!.jpg
    Upward energy is back!.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Can you feel the difference - the happiness and relief?.jpg
    Can you feel the difference - the happiness and relief?.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 37
G

They look pretty happy to me dubya matey ,at least the colour is great !I wish mine were as green as yours. :)

orfeas

Veteran
Oh boy it seems as if you're trying hard to convince and hence please thyself :)
Nevertheless your sheilas are in fair shape and I gather they'll explode any time soon...I guess the space is ample enough for them to stretch them arms leisurely...

deepwaterdude

They look pretty happy to me dubya matey ,at least the colour is great !I wish mine were as green as yours. :eek:)

Thanks, Master Syd, I was going to ask YOUR recipe;) They are killing it today, beauteous to watch 'em spread their wings!

Oh boy it seems as if you're trying hard to convince and hence please thyself :)
Nevertheless your sheilas are in fair shape and I gather they'll explode any time soon...I guess the space is ample enough for them to stretch them arms leisurely...

Morning, good orfeas,:moon: We're going to have to have another round of pics for those apple pies o' yours;o) How doth your Neville and others?

The Jessica Rabbits are really hitting it now, bending the fly rod to a scary angle. After sucking up some more higher pH soup at .6 EC. yesterday and getting re-neemed + green cleaner an hour ago, they look lovely and vigorous. At first I thought I'd overdone it at 7.1 but it looks like they just needed a few hours to figure it out. I let them sit in the 6.8 runoff for an hour, which I never do. Today, bright green, bunching flower sites abound and they've got the lovely Green Cleaner glow, which I'm sure I've mentioned before in other threads. Great stuff.

Pics are from a minute ago, 1/2 hour from foliar. Still drying out. I think tomorrow's 14 days 12/12, all are flowering:dance013:.

Love to all, here're the babes. Nice to see a good recovery from meh to yum. Gotta thank the good genes for them hanging in there while I get things right enough. dee

PS - another change I made was keeping the exhaust fan on 24hrs. For the first week I kept it on the light timer, then had to divorce from it and go 24/7. Much happier.

Attachments

• Green Cleaner glow.jpg
    Green Cleaner glow.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Haze x KC and Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    Haze x KC and Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 57
  • The inimitable Panama Haze.jpg
    The inimitable Panama Haze.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 31
  • PH Got her bow ties on.jpg
    PH Got her bow ties on.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Cmon, orf, dig the energy, man!.jpg
    Cmon, orf, dig the energy, man!.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 71

deepwaterdude

For the record; a tiny C5 x KC was born today outside. Had kinda given up on the outdoor beans, as not my usual start method. Now, I'm happy she'll have over a month of veg before flowering starts mid-late August. Dats da news, all well and shooting in the tent.

Edit: And I have to say I like starting out with the lower light schedule. Thanks to Syd, I didn't fiddle with the timer and they seem to be flowering a bit quicker than they might've under 12/12. Gracias!

YukonKronic

Hey Dude! Just got up and took a peek in on your thread and seeing all those healthy green babies made me realize how badly I need to put in some tall hours at the garden and get everything clean and green again.
I get PTSD shit going on this time every year and usually it’s my garden pulls me through but I think my babies must think I’m an ogre at this point!
Transplants trimming and cleaning will be my mission for the next day or two.
Lol that box of broadleaf that I had going and wanted to “get a head start” on the Crumbled Lime I was about to TP before flower is now totally overgrown with stunted still adjusting CL being buried in the crazy growth from her well established neighbours.. oops.

I topped twice more now and probably will have to twice again before CL catches up enough to SCROG it all. Going to be a very high maintenance high skill kind of run and I’m honestly a little nervous about dropping the ball again.
Plus side: if I pull it off I think I’m going to have a pretty impressive yield especially from the BKXPCK which I have never vegged so long and am now beginning to think looks like it’s outside it’s so robust.
Your grow looks fresh and clean as usual Dewd:tiphat: thanks for the flash of inspiration... lol and I thought Orf would be our most likely muse... I should have known there’s a touch of magic in the Dudes field of dreams too!

orfeas

Veteran
Oye carnalito dude, excuse my scepticism but I've always wondered whether a minor fluctuation in pH would bring about a major impact on a plant...looking at your plants with the two-day span I see no difference whatsoever, looking prima alright...mind you me apple pies are as good as yours, got me ogle flakes on ye know :biggrin:
Keep on rocking and writing lad!

As for my buds, I sampled a tiny bit of NevMal yesterday(curing for a month) before I sat by the keyboard and it rendered me incapable of commenting on yer pics :laughing: cotton dry mouth being another downside, it raced around my temples for quite long feeling as if intracranial pressure rose a jot... shattering my short term memory :biggrin:
I must mention ZamKali as a benevolent smoke after two-month cure, pretty potent herb, one of the most fragrant aromatic buds I've ever had...

Latest posts

Latest posts