What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new way to PH down, omit acid.

tiffa

Ahhh... that's refreshing. Banned back to the kiddie canna boards where they belong.
That was quick.

Heyyyyy duggy...You and I have MUCH bigger fish to fry than to bicker ;-)

Now I've found summit out since we last spoke, I'm trying to contribute honest and you're right I may have come across ungrateful, sorry but I get frustrated when I hear answers not outside the box together with supped JD, but RO water is certainly an option and thanks for that.

https://www.gardenmyths.com/does-peat-moss-acidify-soil/ in this test the acidifying effect of peat was lost within a week!...No good!

Rainwater at average 5.5 would be good but a ball ache to collect and hazardous for pathogens I suspect.

Sulfur-coated urea acidifys and since Im using CRF which contains sulfur-coated urea in my coco, I may be already onto something here.

...Golf courses need a PH of 5.5-6.6 with 6 being ideal ...Well that's about as far as I've got but these guys must know acidifying tricks..

Adding a top layer of Sulfur may the way to go, or a top layer of super bennies eg calcified seaweed, frass and mycos imagine if together we can discover the secret!...It's worth a go, then if no joy ill go with your RO water solution but it's costly around these parts and it would be room temperature and warm in the summer.

Last edited:
Do you understand how pH works? To make a basic solution acidic- you add acid.
Why would you add a layer of sulphur rather that pH your water with sulphuric acid or better still phosphoric acid?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well he ain't all wrong, Ol' Dougie is a dingaling. His ignore list takes up a significant amount of computing power.

Hydro8

lol, How can a person make PH down so complicated it dosn't work ? Then we have a "master" chime in and to argue his convoluted theory is better.

Last edited:

madalasatori

Veteran
The man wants to water straight from the hose, we should respect this wish and help him find a way of doing it not fill his head with science mumbo jumbo

BlindDate

Veteran
CRF Pellets in Coco!!! That does not make sense. You cannot grow plants like that. Also 6.8-7ph in Coco will work just fine.

Kesey

Yeah, thanks for the advice.
So you want me to spend thousands on installing an RO unit that will take up tones of space, use consumables like salt and electricity, needing to add calcium and loads of extra work to end up with room temperature water with a similar PH to what I have already that won't solve the problem?

errrrm lemme think about that will yer? ...I might just try a bit of peat on top of my pots first haha.

You could have a BASIC understanding of ionic chemistry before you ask a dumb fucking question and then act like a fucking ****. :dance013:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Calm your tits.

I've seen EU growers do just that.

Too many people confuse what they think they can do with what can be done.

tiffa

CRF Pellets in Coco!!! That does not make sense. You cannot grow plants like that. Also 6.8-7ph in Coco will work just fine.

Can you not? Oh dear ...I've been doing it a while I'd better stop then... thanks for your advice and ideal pH range:laughing: