What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD Therapy, Critical Soma and Himalayan landraces outdoor organic grow

jenery

Hello everyone and Happy 420. This is going to be my grow diary for this outdoor season.

The ensemble before going to the cups to soak 12th April.

And here they are in their paper towels:

The germination process went well, 100% germ rate for 6 CBD Therapy seeds and the one Critical Soma.

Nanda Devis unfortunately sprouted only 2/6.

Parvatis are much more successful - 10/12 seeds out.

Here are the participants in the greenhouse, planted on 19th April in a soil mix containing humus, perlite, ewc, some sand and ash:

Parvati two seedlings: and three CBD Therapy seedlings:

They are being watered with a nettle and compost/ewc tea.
The next step is to prepare a raised bedding, get some myco and nematodes. May the month of May be sunny and bring the best to all of us and our plants, merry toking everyone.

jenery

Week in

Week in

Hi everyone, tonight is the night of burning witches on the pyres,
let me show you my tender sweet flowers.

Parvati are the most vigorous, together with Nanda Devi.

And altogether

The photos are eight days after sunbathing as seedlings in the greenhouse. They get fermented and diluted nettle and other beneficial ingredient infused water to drink and grow up throughout sunny days, except for last two days when it's been raining.

Have a great First of May and happy growing :tiphat:

Green Squall

I'll be growing a few Parvati plants as well this season. I had 7/7 germinate and they all look healthy. What kind of soil mix do you plan on using? I'm assuming they're light feeders and won't need what I'm using for my hybrids, so I might mix up something a little weaker. Good luck :tiphat:

jenery

Getting bigger

Getting bigger

Hello my friends, we are over two weeks in this season and the plants are doing fine.

Hi Green Squall, hope they grow big for you, I am probably gonna keep the Parvati in mostly compost based soil, depends though if I am not gonna try to grow them really big, in that case a layer of horse manure would probably help with that. Good luck to you too!

Today was a 0 degrees night and the rains might come over the rest of the week, but in the greenhouse it gets better everyday.

The first row are CBD Therapy, the top right corner two Nanda Devis: And two Parvati in beer bottles:

The biggest plant: A little lower perspective:

The plants must really be enjoying the compost tea and rain water, the Himalayans are very vigorous and seem to be in love with the conditions. I must get to work on their bedding asap, will be getting the horse manure and some more perlite this week. Next transplant I will use some mycorrhizae to help them reach new heights:woohoo:

Have a great night everyone and enjoy the coming summer!

jenery

Rainy update

Rainy update

Good evening my fellow weed enthusiats,

just wanted to show you the state of the greenhouse and the progress the beautiful plants are making.

This is the Five leaf Jinseng, Jiaogulan, the dried leaves are strangely sweet when they unfold in the tea. He is growing very low, burying branches to create new roots, you can see the younger leaves are lighter green, they developed as he took off in the greenhouse some time ago.

And now to the main protagonists, namely the two mutants. This is a CBD Therapy plant with only one leaf second set:

And here a Nanda Devi plant with five leaves as her second set:

And here they are all together, next to them are a few tomatoes, behind you can see starting some beans:

Well, it have been really quite a few damp and rainy, cloudy days this end of the week, but I am very happy how big some of them are getting. The bedding construction continues and hopefully will be finished soon. Wish you all good luck and beautiful dreams :tiphat:

jenery

One month in the dirt

One month in the dirt

Hello everybody, here is another update, let me show you how the garden grows, as Ian Anderson likes to sing.

First, there are few pictures from the construction of the raised bedding, it has been completed over the weekend.

It is in the right place now, waiting to be filled. I have been gathering the soil ingredients, these will be going in: Peat moss, perlite, compost, normal soil, worm castings, horse manure, sand and guano.

And here are the girls and the boys, they almost do not fit on the table in the greenhouse anymore.

Next step is making smart pots - 5 litres or so, to grow a bit bigger before going to their final spots. They are still not rootbound, so I got some time I guess.

Wish you all great evening and good luck with your own projects, thanks for watching!

jenery

After transplant report

After transplant report

Good evening everyone,

This weekend I was pretty busy gardening and mainly transplanting. Thanks to one of my friends, the raised bedding is getting filled with a good soil and I have many 5 litres pots. Here are the girls and boys after transplant, the CBD Therapy and Critical Soma together.

The Himalayan landraces, unfortunately one Parvati was attacked by some white fungus or mold, right at the base of the stem, she is gone now...

The plants are going to start growing their sixth node in the next few days, I will give them few days to recover from the shock and then start topping and training them.

Have a great week all and enjoy the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKbHxmkmvGg

Good night!

jenery

Summer is here

Summer is here

Good evening my friends,

Yet another update from the greenhouse.

Here are some creatures first:

This is one of the Parvati bigger leaves:

And here the very tall and lanky Himalayan plants:

Last but not least, smaller but bushier CBD Therapy with Critical Soma:

I have topped them last Wednesday, let's see if that is gonna stop the Himalayan strains a bit. The bedding is getting filled and I would like to be transplanting the CBD Therapy there on summer solstice or a bit later. Best wishes, good night!

Green Squall

Ya the Parvatis have monster leaves. I can't wait to see how big the plants get. Mine didn't like the transplant at first, but now they're doing well.

picture.php

jenery

Over the top

Over the top

Here we are again my friends,

the Himalayan plants need another topping as they are overgrowing the greenhouse, the CBD Therapy girls are getting bushier and will need final transplant in a week or so - the roots are starting to appear on the bottoms of the pots.

Have a great time, enjoy the sun, until next time...

jenery

Getting to the summer solstice and final transplant

Getting to the summer solstice and final transplant

Good evening canna lovers,

another update from the absolutely overgrown greenhouse. The plants are doing great and I have topped them again. Two Parvati plants were transplanted in the greenhouse, however all the Nanda Devis are becoming too tall even though they are sitting on the bottom of it. Here are the green monsters:

The CBDs are branching nicely and I cannot wait for their transplant day, which might come this weekend - around the solstice day. I have prepared some low cage wire support to hold them steady in the raised bedding:

And here is a night time photo, who can spot the intruder:

Have a great night everybody, until next time.

jenery

And we go outdoors

And we go outdoors

Hello everyone :tiphat:

A new update from the garden, the CBD Therapy plants and Critical Soma are in their final destination place.

Critical Soma is the tallest on the left

The other four CBD Therapies

I have omitted to take photos from the greenhouse, the Himalayan plants have been manhandled pretty badly - I did not top them, but bent all the tall branches that were touching the glass. And I did not get to transplanting them, hopefully I will be able to do it soon. Thanks for watching, have a great night :thank you:

jenery

Heat wave

Heat wave

Good day to all of you,

the summer is here for real and the plants are basking in the sun, getting bushier. In the greenhouse, two Parvati and two Nanda Devis were transplanted into the soil, otherwise the remaining six Nandas went into 12 litres pots. The top of all the branches that are reaching to the sun have been bent, but they are so vigorous that in a day or two they are touching the glass again. The photos were taken yesterday.

The Critical Soma and six CBD plants are really thriving in the new soil.

The smells are incredible, Therapies have very citrusy fragrances. Only question is whether I should top their branches again, it seems to me that the tops are splitting by themselves and they are filling up nicely. However if they are gonna start flowering in three weeks, I might still be in time to get more tops.

I wish you all a great night.:thank you:

jenery

First storm

First storm

Good evening everyone,

we are three months in and the plants have grown in a spectacular fashion. This weekend, I have put together a wooden support because the CBD Therapies are branching a lot and they needed a bit more stability as the first summer storm hit them. The photos are from yesterday, when the rains stopped. The first on left is the tallest Critical Soma, after her all six Therapies.

And here is a little sneaky shot from the Himalayan greenhouse.

One Kumaoni plant is a confirmed male, I have taken two branches to collect pollen. The CBDs are also going into flower, the tops are lighter green and first pistils are showing.

Have a great night everyone and have fun until the next time.

jenery

August is here

August is here

Good evening chaps and gals,

here is another update from the medicinal garden. Well, let's see for yourselves how big are they getting, right now I just wish they would stop stretching and put all their energy into getting fatter, mostly the buds :biggrin:

And here is a spider photo:

Have a great time and hopefully next time there will be some proper flowering close-ups.

jenery

Flowering mood?

Flowering mood?

Good evening everyone,

it is indeed the time and the outside girls Therapies and especially Critical Soma are getting more hairs everyday. To answer you Green Squall, in the Himalayan greenhouse, nothing yet, except for one very early male over a month ago. The Kumaoni and Nanda Devi are really taking their time, unfortunately I took only photos of the outside plot today. Well, without furter ado,

Hope for a sunny September, will keep posting when I get some time, have a great night everyone.

jenery

Summer's almost gone

Summer's almost gone

Hello again,

the days are getting shorter and the temps are dropping, yet it is the most important part of the year for the canna plants. The Himalayans in the greenhouse are hopefully gonna start showing their pistils soon, because until now I have just removed three males. I was able to collect some pollen and today I have pollinated two branches on two fastest flowering CBD girls. Here are the photos of the outdoor gals, the Critical Soma is starting to fatten up, two CBD Therapies are close behind and other five CBD girls are getting there as well, just a bit slower.

Hope you have a great fall and bountiful harvest, good luck to you all fellow growers!

jenery

Half of September

Half of September

Good evening everyone,

It seems like we are getting there, little by little the buds are growing fatter. Well, here are night time flashes:

And here a late afternoon, the Critical Soma still basking in the sunlight:

Soma white buds:

One of the CBD Therapy - purple buds:

The harvest could be less than a month away, crossed fingers.

Have a great night everyone!!!