What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indestructible Thrips

growbienf

Yo !

+1 for spinosad (Naturen in sale name in garden centers or supermarket) it's use to kill ants at the begining but it's radical on thrip with only one application.

When you know this, thrips are a joke, you wait for more, laughing sadism ^^

Bye

MedicalMonkey

Yo !

+1 for spinosad (Naturen in sale name in garden centers or supermarket) it's use to kill ants at the begining but it's radical on thrip with only one application.

When you know this, thrips are a joke, you wait for more, laughing sadism ^^

Bye

They'll be laughing when they develop more resistance!!! :laughing: :woohoo: :moon: :dance013:

MedicalMonkey

Seriously... no known resistance to the oil treatment has been shown. Perhaps someday they will evolve another way to breathe but for now it works and works well and even the ones resistant to spinosad will not survive

therevverend

Veteran
Could you post pictures of the damaged leaves? In my experience thrips are very tough to get rid of and very easy to get. I've never had to destroy a plant because of thrip damage, I've never seen them multiply as quickly or do the sort of damage that spider mites do. I've lived with thrips for years, with mites either you beat them or they beat you in a few months.

Picarus

Orius Insidiosus and SF nematodes. Must apply multiple applications to catch all life cycles. Yellow stickies help with adults as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts