What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spring gamble

PDX Dopesmoker

I scraped up about half a cubic centimeter or so worth of dust after a total of about 450 minutes of letting the dudes sit there.
V1O8cFG.jpg

YZvCOEn.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

This is the Diesel brothers with their mother's younger sister, I killed all five of them shortly after this photo.
enug4WC.jpg

Heres a closeup of a couple of the studs
IjhiEn0.jpg

Check out this dusty boy
9vXrgyV.jpg

I've got this one Purple male thats shorter than all the other sisters and brothers because hes in a shorter container.
HQlvyxx.jpg

I had to sit him up on a brick to make him taller than his sister for the portrait.
EywRePH.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

Looks like the purple blossoming male I used to make the Purple seeds might be doing the trick a little in a least one case, but this is only through 32 days of dep so things might still change.
hqfuG7Z.jpg

This is the top
5MzhjzS.jpg

lower down
UFpb00s.jpg

Seeds are developing nicely on the Diesel
dLq2WlT.jpg

This is the plant I'm trying to grow seedless around all these other breeding ones, I'll get to see how accurate my pollen controlling abilities were when I count up how many seeds I find in it later on.
3FET4FY.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool! Breeding is fun! Glad to hear the purple color came through! Was it just the male that was purple in the parents? Thanks for sharing!

PDX Dopesmoker

Cool! Breeding is fun! Glad to hear the purple color came through! Was it just the male that was purple in the parents? Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, the mother was mostly green with a little purple highlights on some of small foliage towards the top of the plant and the father got purple flowers and trich stalks around week 6-7 of flower for him. The father's mother was a purple bud female and her mate was a male with green & purple striped flowers and a lot of purple foliage who was mothered by a green bud plant with a lot of purple highlights on the foliage. I didn't make the mother so I don't know too much more how her parents looked.

PDX Dopesmoker

All that pollen went moldy because I didn't bother to look into proper storage methods, good thing I used some while it was still viable.

This is my purplish one of the six "Purple" sisters, now about 5 and half weeks or into dep
9KrvqJe.jpg

d6iKlOw.jpg

This is the fake purple pheno from the dad's side of the family. It seems to have some interesting color,
Pw7v69L.jpg

but on closer inspection it only has some purple trichome stalks and no purple flesh.
LjNNCwk.jpg

This is the all green one, I'm really surprised how much of the father's side of the family I seem to recognize in this cross. Its like watching reruns or something. The odors at 5 and half weeks also smell like daddy's sisters.
O0VLSOw.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

I had one Diesel that flopped over as a youngster and got in the shade of the other eight of them and grew out slower, so it ended up starting light deprivation later and ended up being a dude that I thought I wasn't going to need anymore, but then my initial attempt at pollen storage went wrong, so now I fortune granted me a second crack at it. I guess maybe I shouldn't use it if it flopped young, that might be a bad trait, but it also recovered and thats a good trait, so maybe I should use it.
jcPHILX.jpg

My 3rd strain in dep started flowering recently too, watch this space in the future for exciting photos of hot action with the African Diesel brothers and their sister.

PDX Dopesmoker

Looks like I got a good amount of pollen
gKj02AW.jpg

This is the African Diesel brother & sister breeding pair.
I should get enough seeds out of those two little 1 liter containers, maybe a few seed packs worth, to do what I want, which is pretty much just to move on up to the next generation and look for recessive gene pairs in the F2s. The male showed me his daddy's uniquely long flower shape already so I picked him and ditched the other brother.
Everythings ready to go with these two
I5ofwdp.jpg

Heres flower shots of the 3 seeded Diesel sisters at about 40 days of light deprivation
LYd9PNz.jpg

gRajBXQ.jpg

sme1ypr.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

That line down the middle of that calyx might look like a foreground pistil superimposed on the background at first glance, but it isn't. Look closer and you can see that its the corpulent calyx's skin getting stretch by the seed growing inside.
EoPfCF6.jpg

The long tall Diesel sister also inhabit tiny 1 liter containers. There probably won't be two grams of smoke on any of the three once the seeds are removed.
y4u2tde.jpg

I vegged them all together in a larger, deeper container before I transplanted them to the tiny size transportable torture chambers for flowering. When I tried to put the Diesels in the 1 liter containers, some of them had such long, stiff tap roots that they had to get kinked a little to fit in the smaller container.
This one (far left one in the picture above) got it's tap root/stem bent and it still didn't get all the way buried in the 1 liter, so it ended up with some flying buttresses too.
1P0Ygce.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing pdx! I would go ahead and use the pollen. You can cull out the bad stuff in the next generation. Amazingly great shots, brother! Love those purple stalked trichomes! Keep up the good work!

Love all the little experiments! Its fun to watch! Can't wait to see what the next generation holds! Should be able to get enough to smoke to see if they're good mothers! I recommend seeding up until the female flowers are around pencil eraser size. You don't get overloaded with seed, and you can experience the female better as some of the flowers remain seedless.

PDX Dopesmoker

I tried to get some nice pictures of the Purples, but theres so many of them my camera ran out of batteries before I saw all the plants.

This first one is the control plant, I tried to not get too much pollen on this one so I can try to gauge how accurate I was with the other ones.
lhPLV44.jpg

Welcome to International Aparagusgraphic

DvNFLZf.jpg

gM7Zwwa.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

These are all through 7 weeks of light deprivation.
This is the other Purple one I bred with the Diesel
4hJ6oCk.jpg

P2uYMu9.jpg

I like this one, looks like it might have got a frost bonus over the others so far.
G5BfEm2.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats sweet! Excellent shots! The beauty of light deprevation. Its June! Going to be getting a reward at harvest in a couple weeks. When will they be cut? :smoke:

PDX Dopesmoker

Thats sweet! Excellent shots! The beauty of light deprevation. Its June! Going to be getting a reward at harvest in a couple weeks. When will they be cut? :smoke:

Somehow I remember deciding a while back that they go to the end of June, which would be 60 days of dep, but I guess I should look inside a calyx or two to make sure the seeds look OK before I snip their skinny little stems.

This is another green plant from a purple flowering father
ATSG9Sx.jpg

I'd have bred him with a purple flowering mother if color was all I was after
mXw7nAG.jpg

Closer look at the top of this filthy flower
VWO53Vl.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

Heres a photo of the next happy couple
0HTfcNS.jpg

Shes already starting to make resin to go with the pistils and he is ready with the pollen
M7rsfW8.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts