What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spring gamble

'Boogieman'

I don't give a damn what you do with it, it's fucking yours. Nothing draws me to a grow like huge outdoor plants, good luck Dankwolf.

PDX Dopesmoker

A few grams of hash per day works out to about 3-5 kilos of bud per year.

Thats only if you're totally stingy with how you make your stuff and try to squeeze it for every last THC molecule. If you want to substitute growing excess flower so you don't have to be a total hardass over the hash making process to make sure you're extracting 100% of the value out your material then it takes way more than 5kg to keep the daily hash habit going.

Dankwolf

Thats only if you're totally stingy with how you make your stuff and try to squeeze it for every last THC molecule. If you want to substitute growing excess flower so you don't have to be a total hardass over the hash making process to make sure you're extracting 100% of the value out your material then it takes way more than 5kg to keep the daily hash habit going.
:tiphat:

PDX Dopesmoker

Things have been cool and rainy for a while, not much happening with the sprouts too quickly.
2 of 8 of the purple ones got bit by some kinda bug while none of the 9 diesels did. I thought about looking up a table small number statistic coefficients to see if that information is significant, but I have gotten around to it yet.
Heres some pics, first one is a purple
1CAKtq0.jpg

This is the mutant, its a diesel
zsiYXeL.jpg

This is a diesel thats having trouble coming out of it's shell. The plant that pollinated the diesels came from a batch of seeds that all had difficulty sprouting and it seems like the diesels have more trouble getting out their shells than the purples.
VqqQLRd.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

Its still mostly cool and rainy here, so things are moving slowly, but none of my sprouts have succumbed to the conditions yet.
T4PTX4Y.jpg

You can see one of the slugs thats been attacking them on the side of the container, this the damage the slugs have been doing.
8Gk2iln.jpg

Heres a closer look at the slug
bom3Oo8.jpg

Mutant scum
E5HLNhr.jpg

Shades of shades to come?
gq2scNs.jpg

'Boogieman'

Crush some eggshells and spread them around the planter slugs hate it. Are you going to pull any or let them all just grow? What temps have they dealt with so far?

PDX Dopesmoker

I have a lot of eggshell in there already, I think live in such a slug friendly environment that some sort of extreme measure would need to be taken to avoid the issue entirely. Thats why I'm working on breeding slug resistant seeds for myself. Since its not out of the question that the ones that took damage unlocked valuable epigenetic traits in doing I'm just gonna let all the survivors survive until they stop surviving and die or I decide to harvest them. I've seen so many get fucked up as youths and then come back strong and end up as great plants in previous years that I don't think I can judge whos who or whats what quite yet, it seems like its easier to just let them fight it out amongst themselves to see whos best that way. Weather hasn't been too nice or too brutal here, its like 55-65 in the day and 40-50 at night with gloomy drizzle most of the time.

redlaser

Veteran
I’ve heard slugs won’t cross copper, maybe some rings or a collar of electrical wire might do something. Copper tape would probably be better.

I’ve used that iron product called sluggo that didn’t seem to work with poppy’s

PDX Dopesmoker

I got two of six African Diesels sprouted so far, one got attacked by a slug and the other three I haven't seen since I put the soaked, cracked seed under the soil outside. Weather has been cool, damp and gloomy. My other plants are proceeding at about half to a third as fast as they would in July.
African Diesel
ULQgfDc.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

5 of 6 of the AfriDiesel spouted above the dirt outdoor, but two succumbed to predation, dis-ease or the elements.
I'm pretty well convinced that the snow peas in the pots with the Purple & the Diesel are adding to their vigor substantially. It hasn't been very nice out, 60 or so with gloomy drizzle in the day and 45ish at night and other plants I've tried too early in the spring before just crawl along if they survive, but the ones I've got now seem pretty happy. One was doing good enough to throw a 4th blade on the 2nd set of true leave and the stems are starting to fatten up some. Its almost as if they're having the same kind of easy time accessing nitrogen as they would if it were warmer out. Unfortunately I don't have a control container with no peas in it to compare with, I guess I'll have to do that experiment some other time.
4th blade on the 2nd leaf set
gtRqPjg.jpg

Thats some Diesels
LYcNDfr.jpg

This is a quartet of Purples
SUqXCE5.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

I got this one sprout thats precious enough to merit an eggshell wall. It had already been attacked once so I knew the barricade wasn't impenetrable, but then I caught a slug in the act of making an approach
RkABfyJ.jpg

So I decided to watch and see what happened, here it comes
4HIfqeF.jpg

This is an overview of the scene
zGqVXqC.jpg

The slug shimmies and deftly evades a shell fragment, look at that agility!
2yVA9Js.jpg

Heres the view from above going into halftime of this exciting, slug-centric update to the gardening discussion.
KqE8NH2.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

Passing the first obstacle, the intruder then dodges underneath the next barrier
IpWtg7m.jpg

Then it changes tactic and decide to see if it can eat the shell debris
ofO2Elx.png

"This thing tastes like shit!" says the slug
KNvdpj7.jpg

"I'll just crawl right down the edge of it cause I don't even give a fuck"
Do10XG2.jpg

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. This is my dream; this is my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor, and surviving.
kuftAvE.jpg

And then I threw the slug off my roof onto the neighbor's roof about 4 stories down, should solve the trouble with that one slug.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Passing the first obstacle, the intruder then dodges underneath the next barrier
View Image

Then it changes tactic and decide to see if it can eat the shell debris
View Image

"This thing tastes like shit!" says the slug
View Image

"I'll just crawl right down the edge of it cause I don't even give a fuck"
View Image

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. This is my dream; this is my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor, and surviving.
View Image

And then I threw the slug off my roof onto the neighbor's roof about 4 stories down, should solve the trouble with that one slug.

hahahaha

Dankwolf

I got this one sprout thats precious enough to merit an eggshell wall. It had already been attacked once so I knew the barricade wasn't impenetrable, but then I caught a slug in the act of making an approach
View Image

So I decided to watch and see what happened, here it comes
View Image

This is an overview of the scene
View Image

The slug shimmies and deftly evades a shell fragment, look at that agility!
View Image

Heres the view from above going into halftime of this exciting, slug-centric update to the gardening discussion.
View Image

Lol

PDX Dopesmoker

Diesels starting to get crowded. I feel like they prefer to grow in a community, but everyone else seems to grow plants in individual containers.
qxe75mS.jpg

I wonder if I'll see any evidence of sexual maturity soon, they're not quite there yet, but the crossquarter point isn't for a few days and neither of these strains are super early bloomers in the autumn. Daylight today is 14h 12m and gaining daylight at about 3 minutes per day, so I guess I got 10-15 days more before the sun swaps over to veg mode until August.

Latest posts

Latest posts