What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CoCo's 85w Grow Tent

dddaver

Veteran
Very impressive. Might I ask how you determined it was a zinc deficiency and what exactly did you do?

CoCo_LoCo

Thank you all.

It looked like examples of zinc def I have seen online. I had recently added a silicone additive that fucked the ph up. Raising it. I think thats what caused it.

I made a new res without the additive, ph'd to 5.6, on the lower side for zinc uptake, and flushed the plants with the new solution.

The 2 cheese plants still dont look right to me. Very pale compared to last run.

Last edited:

CoCo_LoCo

3 weeks of 12/12.

3 weeks of 12/12.

I have added a layer of Hydroton on top.

The fungus gnats have made a reappearance. It seems my layer of perlite got quite damp.

There are even roots growing through it. I stopped watering every day and changed to every 3 days.

Hopefully this helps. I caught 15 gnats on the sticky traps and swatted another 5 or 6.

In the last say 5 days only 3 gnats have been caught on the sticky traps and today not a gnat to be seen. Hopefully they are under control. Ill know in the next few weeks if more start appearing. Irritating little fucks.

Its the middle of winter in the southern hemisphere. Daily temps are minimum 15 Celsius and maximum 21 Celsius. The plants seem to be suffering slightly but doing ok.

Last edited:

Kimura

i would let those plants grow up a lot taller, then bend those branches down and then allow the shoots to grow up through the trellis. otherwise you're not really getting the benefit of the trellis when you just let the branches grow up through the holes. check out all that empty real estate. that could be nugs in your jar. just a thought for next grow! that way you can pull more weight, you'll be more efficient and your tent always runs cooler when it's full of plants.

what kind of nutrients are you using? you shouldn't be getting any deficiency if you're using hydro store nutrients. although im remembering now you said something about a high ph...

and thats why i love advanced nutrients. i never check ph anymore. makes life so much easier.

CoCo_LoCo

[Reply to someone who got banned i guess as their posts disappeared]

Theres tons of bending done there, it might not be visually apparent. This is my 3rd scrog
so im not quite there yet. Check the pics on the first page for a comparison.

Also there are three plants instead of four so next run I expect a more densely packed scrog.

Last edited:

CoCo_LoCo

Possible iron def from cold roots. Without iron the plant cant use nitrogen, followed by yellowing.

Later I am going to foliar feed with some iron chelate to try reverse some of the damage done to the leaves. The flowers are much smaller than they where at 4 weeks of 12/12 in the last two runs. Im sure I can still pull a decent harvest but I need to act fast.

Ive added a little table to get the pots off the ground.

As you can see the yellowing is much worse on the 2 x cheese. The runt fruit has no fucks to give.

Last edited:

Kimura

you need more magnesium. too much purple in those stems!!!

add more calmag. use 3-5ml/gal

or floranectar at 5-10ml/gal

CoCo_LoCo

In my search to find a solution to the cold temps my grow tent was experiencing I found a few options.

My favourite solution was a tubular heater. Pictured below. Although they came with additional issues. What wattage
would I need? Will I need a thermostat? I could order a 40w, 80w, 120w and a 240w. I didnt really have time to experiment
as my plants where suffering.

Eventually I found a UK based forum with some interesting solutions.

One gentleman used underfloor heating. Others used big heating pads.

Then the solution I really like came up. It was cheap and quick to implement.

An electric blanket. I was advised to lay one under my tray being careful to not fold it so two wires dont touch.

I bought a 75cm x 150cm , 50w electric blanket.

Its been 5 days now and the results are great. The ambient air tempts have gone from min/max 14/20 celcius to 18/23.

I fear to think what the temp of the root zone was before. 10 degrees? Who knows.

The pots are not ice cold to the touch anymore.

Last edited:

CoCo_LoCo

5 weeks of 12/12

5 weeks of 12/12

The runt fruit is looking great. She laughs at the low temps.

The two cheese are hating life.

This cheese looks ass compared to first run which was the middle of summer. The iron deficiency meant that it could not use nitrogen.
Auto cannibalism ensued, the leaves yellowed , the growth stunted, this is sad to see. I hope there is some recovery and some decent heads can be
salvaged come harvest time.

The runt fruit looking very sexy. The smell is quite lovely. Very different to the citrus notes of the cheese.
If the cheese fails completely this is the only weed ill have to carry me to next harvest.

Much yellowing on the cheese. All three where trimmed yesterday. Lots of shitty looking leaves came off.

Last edited:

CoCo_LoCo

Ok so update on the veg tent. The veg tent is on a table so quite far off the ground.

Also the veg tent has a DIY LED with 3w diodes. Its passively cooled so it gives off enough heat that the temp sits at 21 celcius.

AND....New genetics!

Very excited. These seedlings are 2-3 weeks old.

1. Ethos - Mandarin cookies
2. Ethos - Orange Kush
3. 00 seeds - Bubblegum
4. Dutch Passion - Glueberry OG

The glueberry failed to breach the surface of the coco. When I investigated the seed case was stuck and choking it.
I wet the seed case to soften it and then removed it. I then wet the membrane and removed that to reveal three cotyledons. Shes a mutant.

Last edited:

CoCo_LoCo

I ended up harvesting the two cheese and runt fruit two weeks early.

They where yellowing at such a rate and eventually the leaves drooped and did not recover.

I decided to just pull it. The results are terrible but not as bad as I thought, the weed is actually decent enough. Not as strong and doesnt last as long but I have enough weed to last me to next harvest so its ok.

The runt fruit turned out to be really nice. Quite strong with lots of resin, very sticky and a strong fuel smell.

Very excited to take her the full 8 or 9 weeks in this next run.

Here are some updates on the next runs veggers.

• Week 4

• Week 5

Last edited:

CoCo_LoCo

The veg plants are now moved to the main tent for 2 weeks of extra veg under the quantum board.

I will then take clones and flip to 12/12.

• Week 6

CoCo_LoCo

The qb is from a company that imports the boards from China.

They attach the board to a heatsink and add fan and driver.

CoCo_LoCo

Thanks Frosty. Me too. The only deficiency issues I have ever dealt with is Cal and Mag from using unbuffered coco. And nitrogen toxicity from to high EC.

Last edited:

CoCo_LoCo

7 weeks of 12/12

7 weeks of 12/12

Week 7

They have just been repotted and wired down. The electric blanket keeps the temps above 20 Celsius lights on and about 16 lights off.

Last edited:

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Looking good there CoCo_LoCo, another way to bend plants down is to use 1mm diameter copper wire wrapped around the stem, you can then bend the stem any way you like.

CoCo_LoCo

Thanks Frosty.

Today the plants are 8 weeks old and looking fantastic.

12/12 has been initiated.

Super excited for this run. New genetics :D