What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Speakers Corner's Funny Pictures Thread

h.h.

Veteran
Home Depot owner donated 6 million dollars to trumps campaign. i'd find a better example if it was me. those middlemen you deride were our neighbors. i'd rather pay them a bit more, keep the money in my neighborhood, and sleep better at night knowing that i'm not giving my cash to some asshole like the Waltons. Sam would be spinning in his grave if he saw what his family has done to America. town nearby here had a typical small (but thriving) business community. Wal-Mart moved in, closed everything down for nearly 15 miles in any direction. gas stations, everything. local businesses shut down, those they employed lost their jobs. tax base for town disappeared. with unemployment going up, they shuttered the Wal-Mart too. now, those that need gas, food etc (and still have jobs) have to drive nearly 30 miles to the NEXT Wal-Mart...no thanks. fuck 'em.

I’m going to pay them so they have the privilege of being in business? The money doesn’t stay in the neighborhood.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Ace Hardware, Sears, Coronet, Penny’s, now we have, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Target.
Mom and pop stores were gone long before Walmart.
The internet is replacing Walmart.
Anything you find on Amazon is showing up cheaper on individual “ mom and pop” sights.

Local business is just another middleman marking up the price.

An almost 100 yr old hardware store nearby had to close back around 2005. If that place with old oiled wooden floors didn't have it, you didn't need it. I used to go and visit with the owner and talk about macro situations. Back then it was the housing bubble that nobody could see forming and the stoopit ME invasions.

They were having the suppliers cut off and he had to order from huge distributors who wanted a guarantee of $200K bidness or more per year. He isn't Lowes and couldn't. Also, he gave credit to the local builders and subs, LLCs mostly or companies, who stiffed him on payments when it came crashing down.

Too bad cause the building is still there and IMO would have made a nice little country restaurant and bar... that I could have rode my 4 wheeler to. The raised wooden floors stopped that idea.

Oh yeah, pictures...

001-ben-garrison-dem-debate-01-e1582266481229.jpg

h.h.

Veteran
We had Ace Hardware and Ladd Hardware.(owned by Alan Ladd)

picture.php

. Capitalism progresses. That’s evolution.

I find what I need on the internet. I’ve bought a lot of custom, made in America items that way. I paid the same prices as for imports bought at a local store. Better quality.

Even Walmart is turning into just a warehouse.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The deep state fears these two working together to stamp out corruption, pedophiles, and constant war bullshit.

trump%20putin%20riding.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I’m going to pay them so they have the privilege of being in business? The money doesn’t stay in the neighborhood.

no, if you spend it at wally world it does not. local folks spend locally. wally world cash is gone forever.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Last edited: