What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE Seeds 2019

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
First of all, i would like to thank you to all of you (the regular and occasional user, old and new ones) for supporting our work in 2018, for your feedback (whether it is good or bad) and for posting in this room. The volume of info this room is reaching is getting encyclopedic and all this would be impossible without your contributions and inputs. :huggg:

2018 has been one of the hardest working years at ACE Seeds, and our 2019 new releases are fruit of all this hard work and the assistance of some passionate friends and growers helping us to test some of our latest works.

Regarding our new releases for this year, we continue exploring and producing new pure sativa F1 hybrids and sativa dominant hybrids (which both are our speciality), bred using our best landrace parental plants from new landraces recently explored and elite parental plants from our classic and most highly worked stabilized/inbred hybrids. Paying special attention to the pure African landrace sativa F1 hybrids: Ethiopian x Malawi (available in both regular and feminized format) and Mauritius x Ethiopian (available only in regular format), to the Central American pure sativa F1 hybrids: Honduras x Panama (available in both regular and feminized format), our latests Haze x Honduras regular F1s (Green Honduras Haze and Purple Honduras Haze) and also sativa dom hybrids between Central American highly worked sativa hybrids like in Panama x Tikal feminized.

Despite all the vast work done on new breeding and R+D, we also continue improving and refining our classic strains, like it's the case with the improvement we have done over Nepal Jam in the last 5 years, which the result is the re stock of Nepal Jam standard in its F7-F8 breeding stage, new Nepal Jam Breeders Packs (both in regular and feminized format) and the new Nepal Jam feminized hybrids released this year: Honduras Breeze, Zamal Bliss (both sativa dom hybrids) and Red Sapphire (Malawi/PCK #47 x Nepal Jam F6), which is probably the best, most beautiful and complete sativa/indica hybrid we have bred in the latest years.

Our Breeders Packs 'family' also grows up this year with the addition of the new Golden Tiger Breeders Packs (available in regular and feminized format). Pakistan Chitral Kush regular Breeders Pack is also back in stock, this time also including offspring from the green PCK mother, line which was not included in the first release of PCK regular Breeders Pack.

By popular demand, our very successful Haze x Kali China and Thai Chi limited editions have been included permanently in our catalog from 2019 onwards.

To balance a bit the very sativa 2019 menu, we have also decided to release a pure indica: HashPlant, the father (well, the 'reversed mother') of Bubba Hash. HashPlant has been selfed to produce a faithful and stable offspring, very close the original HashPlant mother.

This year we have even released our first hemp strain, a pure landrace strain from Hokkaido Japan.

As you may know, we have started joint projects between ACE Seeds and Yo Sammy, member of the small group of growers in South Holland who have preserved the elite clones of Nevil’s Haze hybrids for almost 3 decades. We are super excited to have the chance to collaborate with him and to breed with these Dutch elite 'old school' Haze clones, which were the fundamental parentals used to breed the best Haze hybrids in History in the Netherlands of the 90s. Our priority with this collaboration will be to try to raise the bar of Sativa Haze breeding, by crossing these old elite Dutch Haze clones with elite parentals of our best and most worked sativa strains, rather than inbreeding the Dutch elite Haze hybrids by themselves. The first releases fruit of this collaboration are the new Malawi hybrids: Killer A5 Haze and Super Malawi Haze. We continue exploring new desirable combinations between the old school Dutch elite Hazes and our best incensey strains like in the recently produced hybrids Nevil's Haze x Panama, A5 Haze x Panama, or A5 Haze x Kali China, C5 Haze x Kali China and HashPlant Haze x Kali China, where the goal is to find more relevant terpene profiles, experimenting with different types of incense profiles by hybridising elite parental plants in this regard, rather than seek for extreme potency and extreme THC content like it was the case with the first Malawi hybrids. All these latest hybrids will be tested during 2019, as well as some of our new hybrids recently listed at the R+D section of our website.

All these latest new breeding projects, testings and refinements of ACE Seeds' classic strains are taking us lot of time and resources, but if you ask me, i would like to focus more in the upcoming months on the reproduction of old landraces not explored yet, which are waiting their turn in our preservation fridge to be reproduced. I also would like to finish the breeding of a new excellent rich CBD hybrid we have been working on for the last 2-3 years.

As you may also know, we offer cannabinoid and terpene analyses in most of our strain descriptions (we are working to make more analyses to those strains which have not been analyzed yet).
From 2019 onwards, we type the terpene profile in text in the strain descriptions to ease the users the understanding of the different graphics of the analyses, so all the info regarding the terpene profiles of our strains can be also compared in a easier and more efficient way.

From this year we are also starting to include Phylos' genetic analyses into our strain descriptions, so i think we are the first marijuana seedbank in the world offering publicly legit and real cannabinoid, terpene and genetic analyses of our strains. The Phylos genetic analyses are done with the aim to understand better the lines and parental plants we used to breed our seeds, as an excercise of transparency towards our customers so they can also check by analyzing their plants coming from our seeds the genetic relationships with our lines and parental plants.

I'm lately having difficulties to moderate frequently and to keep all the threads updated here in our room, due to the constant increase of work, health problems and family responsibilities. So i seek your understanding in case i delay in the reply to some of your comments. Nonetheless, you can always email us to: info@aceseeds.org with any urgent doubt, and we will reply to you in the upcoming 24 working hours.

We hope you enjoy exploring our 2019 new releases! :tiphat:

dubi - ACE Seeds -

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Wow to say the Ace team has been busy is an understatement. I thank you for putting in the work to make these wonderful lines available to the masses. I foresee 2019 being a remarkable year for Ace seeds and the folks who grow them.

Cheers!

Bleiweis

Veteran
I hope all your health problems resolve as soon as possible so you can freely enjoy the things you do. Thank you for all your support, quick replies and valuable insights!

b8man

Veteran
I'm enjoying the Ace Panama x Malawi and Panama x Bangi more than I've enjoyed any strain in recent years!

Hope 2019 turns out to be your best years yet guys!

CBDman

Hello ACE

Is there any new Feminized seeds this year?
:)

Every year there comes atleast 1thousand new growers in this world.
Most of them likes to start with Feminized seeds.
I hope ACE will help them too.

Me self have grow many years.
Still i do Feminized self :)
I cant handle male plants.

I love women so much
hhhmm hahah

Serious now.
Is there Feminized new seeds from ACE this year ? :)

Azure

I wonder what unexplored landraces Dubi has in his preservation fridge!
It's always exciting to check out new gear.

G

I hope nothing serious Dubi!You gotta take better care of yourself man...:) Busy as a (du)bee!

Tp01

"but if you ask me, i would like to focus more in the upcoming months on the reproduction of old landraces not explored yet, which are waiting their turn in our preservation fridge to be reproduced."

Would you care to share what those landscapes are called?

First of all, i would like to thank you to all of you (the regular and occasional user, old and new ones) for supporting our work in 2018, for your feedback (whether it is good or bad) and for posting in this room. The volume of info this room is reaching is getting encyclopedic and all this would be impossible without your contributions and inputs. :huggg:

Dubi - Thank you so much for everything you do!

grayeyes

Just a small question. Why are you hybrizing Malawi? Do you see how you are not improving it? Do you, like a well known dutch breeder DOES NOT, see how you are stepping on the species? "Improvements" may not be improvements.

Just a small question from someone who doesn't want to see land races disappear for corporate greed like we see in Holland.

Stage

Just a small question. Why are you hybrizing Malawi? Do you see how you are not improving it? Do you, like a well known dutch breeder DOES NOT, see how you are stepping on the species? "Improvements" may not be improvements.

Just a small question from someone who doesn't want to see land races disappear for corporate greed like we see in Holland.

My good man,
Judging by your join date you may not have read thru the many threads, posts and positive reviews from growers who have actually run these strains.

You ask why hybridize Malawi?
I just grew out the Super Malawi Haze.
It's in my top 5 all time and I've been smoking since '75.

Its fine to have an opinion but why mention corporate greed in this thread?

I appreciate the work Dubi and the Ace folks have in their contribution to the culture.

If you disagree thats fine, just keep it moving.
This thread is about 2019 new releases.:moon:

Nup

Kudos to you and the ace team Dubi, thanks for the updates. So much variety.

I really like that you released a hemp strain too. Doesnt have to be fire to have a history... Have a good 2019 and take care of yourslef.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
It is not kind to abruptly enter an informative / advertising post like this, after all here is the space dedicated to Ace Seeds, I understand that you do not like Malawi(not even to me), everyone has their favorite strains, and others less, but I do not think it's the right tread to express a criticism...

H

hard rain

They've been selling an unhybridised version for years. You can still buy it alongside many other unhybridised varieties. There is nothing wrong with also selling hybrids.

Max Q

!

!

I have always been pleased by my Ace purchases.

Outstanding Breeder for sure!

I know the genetics are what everyone really cares about, but I would also say that the e-commerce side of the business has seen great improvements.

I just ordered some packs of the Purple Satellite a quick finishing Sativa suitable for 42°N lats, and I have to say your website VERY impressive, it works great, no glitches, everything clear, including the pop-up window for selecting among the multiple choices of Freebies..... somebody put some serious work into the site, and it shows.

Very nice work!!

Latest posts

Latest posts