What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dungeon of The Dank...!!!...

nickman

Veteran
Let’s gooooooooo
Glad u found the thread..!!!...
Hi Nick, nice start in here. Those bb turned out real well. Shake off those burnt BM's and don't worry about it. Chalk it up to a learning lesson. Pure Dj genetics are nutrient sensitive and stress when root bound. Things to think about for future runs. When outcrossed, these problems usually disappear. Dj gear is usually happy with a little less N.
Yeah, I can see that now about being N sensitive... it’s my fault. I should have known better. Especially when I see almost every grow with DJ genetics - the famous eagle claw on the leaves cause of the N sensitivity...!!!...

I think what I’m gonna do is put the two BM and two happy pussies into 20 gallon totes... I did this in my room once before with some Karma Genetics with good success... that way the plants can get some new soil to veg out in for a bit more before I flip...

How’s DJ gear in big containers like that... you said they like their root space so I’d think that would help...

I hope you get a great recovery and some healthy flowers!
Thanks, me too...!!!... this wouldn’t be possible without you so just remember that ...!!!... thanks again.
Good luck nickman.
Thank you ...!!!...

nickman

Veteran
MM, my response to your quote didn’t come out correct so what I’m gonna do is put the two BM and the two HP into 20 gallon totes... I’ve done this before with good success...

Each plant will get 17 gallons of new soil so that should help them recover I think...
you mentioned that they don’t like to be root bound so I’d think they’d like all the extra room...
I’m also gonna get a new light soon... the ones I’ve been using are pretty old...

I also need new T5’s but I’m thinking of maybe switching over to those L.E.D. strip light things I saw Scrappy use in his thread... that’s just insane... I’ve also saw where you can just somehow take out the old T5 bulbs and put in these L.E.D. stops some how...!!!...

We will see what’s up

Miraculous Meds

MM, my response to your quote didn’t come out correct so what I’m gonna do is put the two BM and the two HP into 20 gallon totes... I’ve done this before with good success...

Each plant will get 17 gallons of new soil so that should help them recover I think...
you mentioned that they don’t like to be root bound so I’d think they’d like all the extra room...
I’m also gonna get a new light soon... the ones I’ve been using are pretty old...

I also need new T5’s but I’m thinking of maybe switching over to those L.E.D. strip light things I saw Scrappy use in his thread... that’s just insane... I’ve also saw where you can just somehow take out the old T5 bulbs and put in these L.E.D. stops some how...!!!...

We will see what’s up

3 to 20gal, is a big step, they will love it, just give them some time to stretch them roots in their new home.

I really like cmh. You can get 315s up about 24" depending on hood, and spread pretty well on a 3x3 pattern. I also scored some quantum boards im going to give a test run. They are super bright. I need to test with a par meter, but the kilowatt output is around 550w I believe. Pretty stoked about that tech.

Did you see the cheap name brand cmh I posted about? 100 bucks for a small 315 set up, match it up with a phillips 4200 for veg for around 50 bucks, and you have a awesome light.

Badfishy1

3 to 20gal, is a big step, they will love it, just give them some time to stretch them roots in their new home.

I really like cmh. You can get 315s up about 24" depending on hood, and spread pretty well on a 3x3 pattern. I also scored some quantum boards im going to give a test run. They are super bright. I need to test with a par meter, but the kilowatt output is around 550w I believe. Pretty stoked about that tech.

Did you see the cheap name brand cmh I posted about? 100 bucks for a small 315 set up, match it up with a phillips 4200 for veg for around 50 bucks, and you have a awesome light.

Can you link this please

Miraculous Meds

Can you link this please

Its over in the 315 cmh thread in the lighting forum. But I found out that was some presale crap. I picked mine up from my local hydro store. Same deal, even a little cheaper because im a repeat customer.
Here it is... I know nothing about the site, just showing you an example of what I picked up locally. Gonna fire one up tonight and put the meter under it. But I got 4 more to fill out my cmh tents. Got 6 phantoms with 3100s and 3 of these in an 8x8, and 4 adjustawings and 2 of these in a 6x6.

This price doesn't include the bulb. You should be able to find a phillips bulb for around 50 to 60 bucks.

https://www.horticulturesource.com/...ZDCQOIr_ZWg143CyZ1g-qpkSvuigc1YRoCGTgQAvD_BwE

nickman

Veteran
Have you always used the same soil mix? Or is this a new mix?

No, this is a new mix... I’ve always just used Fox Farms ocean forest and happy frog. This time I added a few things and I went a little overboard I guess. All the chemberry plants are fine though. I’m guessing it’s a mixture of the soil being hot and the genetics being sensitive...!!!...

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Bummer, that's why I always do a small test run whenever i tweak stuff. And everything else as a control. Your stuff usually looks fire. Im sure you will get it under control.

nickman

Veteran
Bummer, that's why I always do a small test run whenever i tweak stuff. And everything else as a control. Your stuff usually looks fire. Im sure you will get it under control.

Thanx bro, I really appreciate it...!!!...

I just got a bunch more soil today so I guess I’ll be putting the DJ genetics into the big totes so they can have a bunch of new fresh soil to grow into before they get flipped...

I’m still hoping for a female or two of the Chemberry D’s... they just don’t wanna show their sex ...

So any ideas on how much longer you would veg the DJ gear in the 15-20 gallon totes before being flipped to 12/12.?.

Peace y’all ...!!!...

nickman

Veteran
Update: veg

Update: veg

A month and a half or almost two months I’d say...
group shot of the totes...!!!...
picture.php
picture.php

Here’s three Chemberry D’s-
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Looks like I might have 2 or 3 females after all...!!!...

nickman

Veteran
Blue moonshine
picture.php

Happy pussy
picture.php

Happy pussy
picture.php

Chemberry D
picture.php

I’m gonna put one of the other CBd into a ten gallon fabric pot... c how that does...!!!...

Peace

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Found it! i'm also growing in totes similar to those! Blue Moonshine is a strain I always had my eye on... Will be watching :biggrin:

nickman

Veteran
Found it! i'm also growing in totes similar to those! Blue Moonshine is a strain I always had my eye on... Will be watching :biggrin:

Yeah, as u can see the plant in the back left corner don’t look the best but is coming around more and more everyday ...

I actually for the first time ever ended up killing 3 or 4 plants because I mixed my soil too hot ... I am new with organic and just went a little over board ...

The odd thing was that the only plants that were affected by the hot soil were all the Happy pussies and Blue Moonshines ...
all the chemberry were fine ...

Sensitive genetics ...!!!...

I’m just happy that they’re all turning around for the better ever since I transplanted them into bigger homes with more new soil ... this time they only got fox farm ocean forest and happy frog at a 50/50 ratio ...

I’m gonna go take a look through ur thread today as I liked what I was seeing yesterday when I took a peak at it ...!!!...

Peace

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ok so you added your own amendments to commercial soil?

I also notice that plants can look fine in veg and then you move them under stronger flowering lights and issues suddenly appear. I guess it's like an ill person running a marathon. They feel ok when at rest but as soon as performance starts to increase symptoms will very quickly become apparent!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I have some of those Chemberry D. Haven't popped them yet because in all honesty, the "berry part" throws me of. Which I should know better with Chem D in the equation. I don't like fruity weed, casue normally there's no power to them. This I think will be different.

But alas, those will get passed over again this round. Gotta start those new testers from RedEye genetics. Chem 91' and TK both crossed with Locktite. Those are right up my alley. Gonna start 8 of each, which will leave another two spots open. So I think a couple of my own cross will get started. Deer Hunter #5 x OG ³.

nickman

Veteran
Ok so you added your own amendments to commercial soil?

I also notice that plants can look fine in veg and then you move them under stronger flowering lights and issues suddenly appear. I guess it's like an ill person running a marathon. They feel ok when at rest but as soon as performance starts to increase symptoms will very quickly become apparent!

I know just what your saying.

Yes it was fox farm soil.