What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai's Blooper Reel

thailer

More 3 Scoops at 4 weeks

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And then a snap of Cecil's Orange Cream

picture.php

I mixed up a half yard of soil yesterday and bought some light hangers. I would've hung the lights up in the new room buuuut I didn't have the hooks. So it's another trip into town today so i can get into bloom again. The plants are small clones and need to be vegged a few weeks first so I should really get a move on. :bashhead: I have Remedy CBD, The One, GMO, Mac1, NCC of Jelly Breath and Orange Cream or 3 Scoops depending on how 3 Scoops performs. Its my first time running her. So far she is easy to grow and vigorous. mites don't seem to care for her so I'm hoping the buds are dank.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Nice line up looking forward to the show!!

I already know that Orange cream is fantastic. Interested to see how the GMO works, been thinking about some crosses of her but flowering time is just too long for me!!

Don't talk to me about trips to the hardware store. You sit in traffic to get a bag of nails, you get home and you don't have a hammer!!

thailer

Nice line up looking forward to the show!!

I already know that Orange cream is fantastic. Interested to see how the GMO works, been thinking about some crosses of her but flowering time is just too long for me!!

Don't talk to me about trips to the hardware store. You sit in traffic to get a bag of nails, you get home and you don't have a hammer!!

I was told you can take her at ten weeks but its worth it to hold out till 12 on the GMO. She grows quickly so I'm hoping she will make up for it with less veg time.

Orange Cream is stinking up the room right now with fresh navel oranges. She's an interesting one with leaves that have green tops but when you flip it over it's deep purple and purple pistils when she gets cold. People say their bud tastes like oranges and but if that's what you're looking for, this strain reigns supreme.

The room is finally done-ish with needing just a couple finishing touches for light proofing. I just moved the clones in there and transplanted them. A month they should be big enough to bloom and by that time, these girls will be getting ready for harvest.

thailer

picture.php

picture.php

Might want to add the pics. lol i put a bar so i can slide the lights to the center if i want to or push them farther apart so i am not limited to just where the studs are in the ceiling. They're set at 600w each to harden the clones off to the HID lights and they're fresh transplanted in new soil.

thailer

Week 5

picture.php

Cecil's cut of Orange Cream

picture.php

picture.php

The One

picture.php

Found some spider mites on the small clones i brought into my new room. I brought in the sulfur burner and did a seven hour burn. the metal bits that sparkle didn't show up this time so i think its broken in. I opened the door to see in there when i turned it off and if i didn't know better I would think all the smoke was a fire. really impressed.

did a burn sunday and will do another this wednesday, saturday and tuesday. should solve it like the other bloom room. the veg area is pretty cool so i was scouting when i put them in this warmer room. with the lights at 600w each, the room is pretty warm. I'm really stoked about that because I usually have to bring in a 1500w heater during winter. Now i'm flinging up the garage doors to help bring in more cold air. I want another one for the old bloom room because its pretty cold in there with the single hps. i have a dual bulb raptor hood and to get it warm enough in there, i have to burn two 1000w bulbs but this round i just don't want to spend the money. i'm sure its effecting this round but its fairly warm so i'm not too worried.

Next couple days, i'm going to put the exhaust into the attic and not let it flow back into the garage so it isn't recycled stale air. it should pull in fresh air into the garage this way. I sealed the ceiling cracks where the new walls i built meet with aluminum duct tape which worked great. I sealed cracks with locktite spray foam. I need a carbon filter for both rooms too. one purchase at a time. :laughing:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
This is a vented room right, not sealed?

Those huge containers of organic soil will provide all the CO2 the plants need. You could seal up the whole show and not bring in any outside air. That should solve any issues of low temps, although I have never grown in a sub zero location so not speaking from experience!

Have you ever measured CO2 levels?

thailer

This is a vented room right, not sealed?

Those huge containers of organic soil will provide all the CO2 the plants need. You could seal up the whole show and not bring in any outside air. That should solve any issues of low temps, although I have never grown in a sub zero location so not speaking from experience!

Have you ever measured CO2 levels?

yes i vent and i don't "seal" it. I have a pretty big crack under the metal plate of the door jam. A lot of people try sulfur burners for mites and are not successful. It only controlled them when i used it in the beginning. I wasn't sealing the vents and only burned four hours like i was told was maximum. However, one day i fell asleep and i don't have a timer for it and it burned for seven hours. it solved everything till i brought veg plants in for another round.

i started reading about how sulfur effects mites and i originally thought it was covering the leaf with dust but its the concentration of sulfuric dioxide gas and duration of exposure. even these little clones that are stressed from transplant and upgraded lights, look fine.

I saw a thread the other day about the increased levels of CO2 from the soil and was pretty surprised. I'm wondering if it was specifically because he mixed new soil and directly planted in it so the cycling the soil is going through is producing the high levels of CO2 he is getting currently and will go back down once the soil is cycled. i don't have a way to test it without spending some cash. the room would get pretty hot without cold intake air too.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ok if you relying on intake to control temps, then you can't seal it up!

Yeah the newly amended soil would produce the most CO2, but throughout the cycle there will be more than enough for the plants needs!!

thailer

i was just sealing it against light leaks and it makes the sulfur smell stay inside the room. in the other room it leaks out, so the garage and even inside the house smells if i don't have the garage doors open. So mainly just sealing light leaks and spots sulfur will leak out; not for co2 enrichment. sorry for any confusion.

the drill bit for concrete wouldn't work so the walls are not secured to the floor. i didn't think this would be a big deal because they're held snuggly by the floor and ceiling but the door jam moves when i press against the door to shut it. will have to see if a shim would be best to fix it or i'll search for a better bit. lots of little stuff to do but it will be worth it to pull a couple elbows. i haven't been this excited about growing for a while.:woohoo:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
you’ll need a hammer drill/impact drill to put anchor holes in your concrete floor.

a regular drill prob won’t have enough juice.

sometimes you can rent them if you don’t wanna buy one.

thailer

picture.php

picture.php

I thought I would share some pics i took this morning of a 5 week old Schrom since she plumped up overnight. The towels in the back are shoved into a baffle box intake to slow down the amount of air that comes inside. in summer it works great for keeping the heat down but winter time it brings in 30F air right on the plants. it turned the pistils purple on orange cream so i made some adjustments.

maybe this sounds weird, but i got mites from some clones from one grower and since i had spider mites already, i took in some clones that had them too. the first set of mites really don't seem to damage the plants as quickly as the other mites which are in a different room. the sulfur killed the mites from the original grower but the other grower uses sulfur too in his big room and after two burns, there are alive mites still this morning. i really hope they don't get into the flower room that is 5 weeks. guess I am rolling up my sleeves and will do a spray today of nuke em. probably just temp difference in the different rooms but it's something i've noticed.

Sorry to hear about the mites again. That's why I'm done taking clones from elsewhere.

Could you turn off the hps and get a pic next week of the garden? I don't know how good your flash is or if you have maybe a regular lamp to put in there for photos.

thailer

Sorry to hear about the mites again. That's why I'm done taking clones from elsewhere.

Could you turn off the hps and get a pic next week of the garden? I don't know how good your flash is or if you have maybe a regular lamp to put in there for photos.

i can go out in a couple hours and snap some pics in regular light. i need to trim up the lowers in the back hard to reach areas. i really hate the HPS glow. it takes a lot away from the buds and they look so much better in natural daylight.

thailer

So here are some pics in the dark with a CFL bulb to light up the room

"Schrom"

picture.php

Then I have 3 Scoops, (orange sherbert x grape sherbert) X sunset sherbert from t_fly_genetics

picture.php

picture.php

then last but not least The One

picture.php

picture.php

thailer

Orange Cream has deep purple undersides to the leaves but the top of the leaf is green. :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

i decided to not use Nuke Em because it says in bold yellow letters not to combine with other pesticides or on top of even. So i bought some Safers 3-1 and sprayed with that yesterday, the day after the last burn.