in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Panama x Bangi Haze

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Panama x Bangi Haze Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2017, 01:38 PM #21
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Welcome kanehbosmshaman,

Although Bangi Haze and Nepal Jam genetics have never changed (they have only refined further through intense selections and inbreeding), I changed their sativa/indica ratios a few years ago to make them more accurate. That's where the slight indica genetics come from in the Panama x Bangi Haze F1 hybrid.

Hope it helps with your doubt.
dubi is offline Quote

Old 12-17-2017, 01:39 PM #22
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickarse View Post
The Bangi haze, got some PCK in it
Hi kickarse,

Bangi Haze does not contain PCK. It's Congo the one that contains PCK.
dubi is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:35 AM #23
hamstring

hamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of light
Never grown a Haze but like the looks of this one. 3rd week of October is at the very end of my growing season. This would be more for the fun of growing a haze.

There is rain every October in the midwest and temps vary from 65 - 38 deg F.

What are the mold/budrot resistance of haze strains in general?
hamstring is offline Quote

Old 12-27-2017, 07:04 PM #24
Koondense

Koondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant future
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Hazes in general have great outdoor resistence, esp if the temperatures are not too low, yet even then can withstand below zero temps, at times.
Bangi haze is known to be very resistent and a good choice for outdoors.
By your climate description I would rather pick the Bangi Haze fem first, or maybe Congo. The Panama influences this cross with a bit later flowering and greater production which can mean bigger buds which are harder to dry in between rains. So probably easier to get moldy in your climate.
Or try both and see how they cope with it.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:50 AM #25
hamstring

hamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of light
KOONDENSE

Hey thanks for the guidance Im a haze virgin. I may try a couple of Aces' Hazes as I am just growing for fun with these.

I dont know much about hazes except they are known for their uplifting buzz. I was also hoping for a complex taste profile. I dont want that lemon pledge taste I have a had in those vape pens.

Would you recommend the Congo or Bangi for the more climate adapted strains?

I may still try the Panama x Bangi too unless you have another preference in this outdoor harvest window?

As I said some of my curiosity is with the taste. If you had unlimited sunshine what Haze would be your choice and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
Hazes in general have great outdoor resistence, esp if the temperatures are not too low, yet even then can withstand below zero temps, at times.
Bangi haze is known to be very resistent and a good choice for outdoors.
By your climate description I would rather pick the Bangi Haze fem first, or maybe Congo. The Panama influences this cross with a bit later flowering and greater production which can mean bigger buds which are harder to dry in between rains. So probably easier to get moldy in your climate.
Or try both and see how they cope with it.

Cheers

Old 12-28-2017, 08:34 PM #26
Koondense

Koondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant future
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Definitely the Panama Haze would be my first choice, second would be PurpleHaze x Malawi and third straight OTH.
But where I live these could only grow in veg phase and early flower, some day I'll move more south, I imagine the Canaries would be perfect for such hazes.

It's always best to try more varieties, maybe you'll get lucky with a faster and more resistent pheno.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

Old 12-30-2017, 04:37 AM #27
The Hatter

The Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstring View Post
KOONDENSE

Hey thanks for the guidance Im a haze virgin. I may try a couple of Aces' Hazes as I am just growing for fun with these.

I dont know much about hazes except they are known for their uplifting buzz. I was also hoping for a complex taste profile. I dont want that lemon pledge taste I have a had in those vape pens.

Would you recommend the Congo or Bangi for the more climate adapted strains?

I may still try the Panama x Bangi too unless you have another preference in this outdoor harvest window?

As I said some of my curiosity is with the taste. If you had unlimited sunshine what Haze would be your choice and why?
Haze is one of those buzzwords that gets slapped on just about anything that is remotely sativa leaning these days. Half the time strains with Haze in the name aren't anything even remotely like the original Haze.

Neither Congo or Bangi Haze are actual hazes, but having said that, Bangi Haze is an exceptional short flowering sativa that will put almost all of the poly hybrids that are out there with haze somewhere in their name or lineage to shame. It will provide a legitimate clean electric sativa experience which is rare in such a short flowering plant. The flavor profile is also quite nice.

I have not tried Congo myself so I can't vouch for it one way or another other than to say that other respected sativa smokers on here have given it praise.

If you are looking for real haze then you won't see it flowering in under 16 weeks and more likely even longer than that, but real haze isn't everything its cracked up to be. A lot of people put it up on a pedestal as one of the legends from back in the day, but there are a lot of amazing IBL sativas out there that legitimately match or exceed it. Haze is after all just a crossbreed of a bunch of IBL sativas from across the world.

I should add from what I have seen Ace has a legitimate old school haze line, but I think its actually not their best sativa offering even if you have infinite time and sunshine. Ace has some amazing IBL sativas and hybrids based off of them.

I grew a Panama x Bangi Haze in my last grow and it has the nicest sativa buzz out of everything I grew this time which include Malawi x Panama, Sugar Punch, Zak Haze and Fire OG x Headband. The effects are very uplifting and clean. The buzz is a bit more electric than warm and not particularly trippy but is strongly euphoric. It's an all around very solid sativa.

I think so long as you are able to finish it, the Panama x Bangi will be an excellent strain for you. If you want a little more variety try adding Tikal or some Delicatessen Seeds strains into the mix. Delicatessen are up their with Ace when it comes to short flowering Sativas. Your flowering window is quite short which really limits what you can grow but there are still some very nice true sativa experiences that can be found within your growing requirements.

Nepal Jam isn't as clear and electric but it is another really nice little sativa. I'm not sure if its around anymore but Mextiza was one of the short flowering queens. I am quite fond of Aztec Rain as well and recommend it if you like Oaxican.

I'm a Medical Cannabis Patient: Proof of Progress

This world is but a fevered dream, as such it would be folly to mistake anything I have said here for reality.

I am quite mad after all.

Last edited by The Hatter; 12-30-2017 at 05:13 AM..
The Hatter is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:53 AM #28
hamstring

Koondense and The Hatter

Thanks for all the help I just put in my order for some Bangi Haze fems. I cat wait to put them in some midwest soil this spring. No expectations, did I just say that wow.

This year I am running some old favorites Black Sugar Rose & LA Con along with the Bangi Haze. Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks but I am going to give the Bangi a try.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:17 AM #29
Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell is a splendid one to beholdSamuel Caldwell is a splendid one to beholdSamuel Caldwell is a splendid one to beholdSamuel Caldwell is a splendid one to beholdSamuel Caldwell is a splendid one to beholdSamuel Caldwell is a splendid one to beholdSamuel Caldwell is a splendid one to beholdSamuel Caldwell is a splendid one to beholdSamuel Caldwell is a splendid one to beholdSamuel Caldwell is a splendid one to beholdSamuel Caldwell is a splendid one to behold
Bangi Haze is at the top of my next order. And Panama. So many difficult decisions!

Old 12-31-2017, 06:54 AM #30
The Hatter

The Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really niceThe Hatter is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstring View Post
Koondense and The Hatter

Thanks for all the help I just put in my order for some Bangi Haze fems. I cat wait to put them in some midwest soil this spring. No expectations, did I just say that wow.

This year I am running some old favorites Black Sugar Rose & LA Con along with the Bangi Haze. Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks but I am going to give the Bangi a try.
Solid choice.

May lady luck smile upon your garden.

I'm a Medical Cannabis Patient: Proof of Progress

This world is but a fevered dream, as such it would be folly to mistake anything I have said here for reality.

I am quite mad after all.
The Hatter is offline Quote