in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Panama

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Panama Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2006, 05:11 PM #31
glock23
one in the chamber

glock23 has a spectacular aura aboutglock23 has a spectacular aura aboutglock23 has a spectacular aura aboutglock23 has a spectacular aura about
Wow, that's a sweet looking strain. Being a tropical grower, I'd love to have pure Panama Roja or some Oro Colombiano. A cross would be nice too...especially a worked one, but I love the pure strains too. I did some pure Indian sativa last year...I was totally unprepared to invest over a year in growing them, but man, it is great smoke with no ceiling! Tall and lanky with a sweet, floral aroma..very sexy. The branches were so thin and bent under the bud weight. In future, if I grow the Indians out again, I'll make sure I stake them up well. I let the tallest go to nearly 12 feet, but it was bent under its own weight.

I have had Original Haze that was almost like acid, unexperienced smokers would white-out or pass-out, or throw up after a toke or two...
Oh, and it was Euphoric to say the least. I would feel like I was floating in a cloud, or held in the hands of a comfortable giant, I had no need for anything, I was totally blissed.
- Sam the Skunkman

Last edited by glock23; 11-09-2006 at 05:13 PM..
glock23 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:33 AM #32
-VT-
Voluptuous Trichomes

-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice
Well I am old enough...

to remember the Panama Red...in the hood we called it "chickenhead"...the brothas selling seven cent sacks (you could get 2 grams for $7...we called it seven cents ) would pace their corner sayin' "chickenhead aint dead" We also called it "redbud"....enough nostalgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi
Some panama green bud shots and details

Damn...gonna go check Seedbay.... and hit you up later about some strains after some recearch....very nice

peace

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:58 AM #33
KamelRedLight

KamelRedLight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubi
Hi KamelRedLight!

Pure Panama sativas (which are very related to columbians) usually grow very bushy, tall but not lanky. The flowering times are between 3.5-5 mounths, depending on the subvariety and growing conditions.]
Omg 5 months? I will certainly be LSTing, but that's good news that they grow more bushy. No sprouts yet, but I'll definitely share the grow once it begins. Thanks for the info!
KamelRedLight is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2006, 07:43 AM #34
mark6699331
M

mark6699331 has a spectacular aura aboutmark6699331 has a spectacular aura aboutmark6699331 has a spectacular aura aboutmark6699331 has a spectacular aura about
All i have to say is Oh my God! I haven't had red since like 1983 listening to the Wall. ANd where can I get these seeds. Would they grow in humboldt?

-M
mark6699331 is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2006, 03:12 PM #35
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6699331
All i have to say is Oh my God! I haven't had red since like 1983 listening to the Wall. ANd where can I get these seeds. Would they grow in humboldt?

-M
High Mark!

Our Panama would finish around late October there without any problem. We have done the last panama tests in a mediterranean climate with similar climate and latitude to California.

Our Panama should be available in Seedbay and Seed Boutique in the next days!

Thanks for the interest! dubi
dubi is offline Quote

Old 12-09-2006, 06:25 AM #36
mark6699331
M

mark6699331 has a spectacular aura aboutmark6699331 has a spectacular aura aboutmark6699331 has a spectacular aura aboutmark6699331 has a spectacular aura about
EXCELLENT! We had a great season here this year-warm (60-70's) and only one rain in october. People let stuff go into november. I was told that some of the panama and colombo gold were grown at elevation of 5,000-8000ft. Is there any truth to this?

and what's the expected yield?

thanks
-M

Old 12-09-2006, 04:14 PM #37
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Quote:
EXCELLENT! We had a great season here this year-warm (60-70's) and only one rain in october. People let stuff go into november. I was told that some of the panama and colombo gold were grown at elevation of 5,000-8000ft. Is there any truth to this?

and what's the expected yield?

thanks
-M
Good day mark!

Of course, some columbian varieties like purple columbian and santa marta have a highland origin. They are tropical plants which can resist better the climate variations and cold conditions than lowland tropical sativas.

If you let our Panama grow big and bushy outdoors you can expect real BIG yields. Specially when grown directly in soil.

You have very good outdoor conditions to grow sativas. Im glad you have had a sunny october. Here October came rainy. Panama red and green i have posted resisted almost 3 weeks of intense rains without any mold problem.

I hope it helps.dubi
dubi is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:49 AM #38
mark6699331
M

Is any of the purple colombian going to be available too? W'ere definitely gonna do an outdoor panama red grow if these seeds come up soon. I'm so glad these landrace strains weren't lost as it looked for awhile as if they were. Nice work-can't wait to see more from ace seeds. You'll have to check out my humboldt seed co. products as they come out this spring!

take care

-M

Old 12-10-2006, 09:49 PM #39
dubi
Vendor

Quote:
Is any of the purple colombian going to be available too? W'ere definitely gonna do an outdoor panama red grow if these seeds come up soon. I'm so glad these landrace strains weren't lost as it looked for awhile as if they were. Nice work-can't wait to see more from ace seeds. You'll have to check out my humboldt seed co. products as they come out this spring!

take care

-M
Good afternoon mark!

The closest to the highland purple columbian would be the purple haze pheno. I'd love to get pure purple columbian but never had the good luck.

Im flowering a columbian gold clone, seeds sent by Chaman ( thanks friend!). Will post pics of the most tropical plants soon.

Good luck with the new seed adventure! Please, keep us updated when everything is operative! dubi
dubi is offline Quote

Old 12-11-2006, 01:49 AM #40
mark6699331
M

Hey Dubi, where would I find this purple haze pheno? Is it available? If you guys would like to test some humboldt seeds this spring, keep me in mind. I'd love to forward you some of our med. beans. Have a great sunday!

-mark