What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
I have a Honduras x Panama really trippy, this summer with 3 friends, we just can't remember where the car was for several hours, but we can't stop laughing xD
Yeah I love that cross myself I have half a dozen 2 year old cobs stashed.
The last time I chewed some I was blown away by how it had evolved from when it was younger.
Ace has the best strains I have tried thats for sure.
I have some Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian growing to replace the cobs I made in 2021.
They are my absolute favorite high chewed all my inner demons come out to play it makes me feel full young, hung and full of come.
Like I'm 16 again but with the knowledge that comes with old age a dangerous combination ha ha.

CDNINCA

Well, in my corner of the world my method works well, and maybe I'm wrong, but I never have mold/fungus problems since I wash my plants, (always outdoors grows) and I think that maybe the wash have something to do with it, because I lose my part of flowers due to mold in the past, but not since I wash my plants, is an easy process, but I have my own way as everyone's does. The first bucket where I soaked every branch, is just plain water at around 25º centigrade, it just to take away the worst and big things/dirt away, I have a strainer/colander to take off the things that go swimming in the bucket till the bucket is so dirty that I just change the water, I'm pretty sure if you see the shit of the first bucket you will end washing your plants.
@HCMPA Sounds good, and it sounds like you have a system that works, and works well! Hmmm, perhaps I should do some experimenting too and give it a try with a portion of the harvest - I might learn something that works better! Thanks for sharing!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi there, I'm planning to cob some Malawi this year, I have it all figured out and ready, just one thing is ringing the bell of my wonders: I always wash my plants just as fast as I chop them, I wash them with hydrogen peroxide (edit: around 100ml per 10 liters of water) and sodium bicarbonate (a couple of spoons in 10 liters of water), so for my stupid brain is a fair matter to ask, will do it any harm to the fermentation process?

Best regards

No problem about washing before you cob your harvest. I do it with my outdoor plants. Just shake them off and dry them as normal until ready to cob them.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Left one was the wet UEL x Nep Classic sweat with dehydrator. I dried it again.

Right one was lazy behind the heating sweat due to some flu. :)

IMG_3806.jpeg

Before sweat
IMG_3713.jpeg

Lazy Man method
IMG_3726.jpeg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Yes I am nearly done mate. I guess the weather will force me to harvest in max 1 week. Let’s see. Don’t look left and right - focus on your Paradies. Haha..

The smell with the Nepal cross smells kind of similar with last year. Rotten fruit leather. I am not sure but it seems little overfermented. I need to put more effort on the „afterglow“. Seems like the days after sweat are important;)

The Lazy one is so sweet… just sweet atm.

India Love - most NLD beauty I’ve ever grown :)
IMG_3784.jpeg

IMG_3788.jpeg

Tangwena

Veteran
Yes I am nearly done mate. I guess the weather will force me to harvest in max 1 week. Let’s see. Don’t look left and right - focus on your Paradies. Haha..

The smell with the Nepal cross smells kind of similar with last year. Rotten fruit leather. I am not sure but it seems little overfermented. I need to put more effort on the „afterglow“. Seems like the days after sweat are important;)

View attachment 18905001
View attachment 18905002
What a beauty so much character the cobs should be unreal.

Tangwena

Veteran

gumzgi

a day ago i made some cobs different pressure different sizes but the thing is i heated them at 40c just for 3 hours and then i had to move/leave them in the wardrobe, wat would you do now ? would you take the cobs out and dry them or leave them in the vacseal and continue today heatin at 40c for some more hours till colors changes more , then take out the cob and dry for some hours, this dry will happens today if ill heat them again
here some pic from now
IMG_20231016_133708.jpg

IMG_20231016_132908.jpg

IMG_20231016_132804.jpg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
a day ago i made some cobs different pressure different sizes but the thing is i heated them at 40c just for 3 hours and then i had to move/leave them in the wardrobe, wat would you do now ? would you take the cobs out and dry them or leave them in the vacseal and continue today heatin at 40c for some more hours till colors changes more , then take out the cob and dry for some hours, this dry will happens today if ill heat them again
here some pic from now

Personally, if there has been some colour change, then I'd dry it and reseal for the cure, perhaps checking again in a week or two and re drying if necessary. 🙂

Buzzzzd

OK, I'm gonna fess up......strictly in the aid of science....at 11ish this morning I thought I should try some of the Super Lemon Haze auto that I cobbed on Sept. 1 - I can't take the taste so I found some Elcheapo Fruit Rollups to use with it. OK, I then continue on to cob a couple more on my new and exciting 3/4" copper pipe mold (more on this later) anyhow noon comes along and I realize I got a reeeaaaalll good buzzzz goin' on. And while I am digesting lunch my head starts workin' - and I don't wanna say it but -
I might be a freakin' certified card carrying genius!!!!! OK - here's why.... :dunno:
I know a lot of people would enjoy the chewed cob experience but the taste is a real turn off.......so
DSC05937.JPG

I cut my cob into what I hope is a good dosage then encase it in the fruit roll up - it is easy to form, sticks to itself when worked, and forms around any shape!!! I'm almost giddy!!! OK, that might be the cob still working!!!
DSC05939.JPG

So here they are encased in their sugary jackets - these pieces were pretty dry so I'm hoping that some of the moisture in the candy will soften the cob - it breaks up pretty quick when you start to chew.
I sure hope there is no down side to this - if you can think of any reason this is a bad idea - let me know!!:whee:
It's about 3 pm now and I've gone into that "Yeah, smoooooth" feeling!!!

CDNINCA

View attachment 18905001
View attachment 18905002
Nice looking plants @Calle Minogue!! The closeup shot, those colors, wow! Thanks for sharing the shots, that's going to make some tasty cobs :) Cheers!

CDNINCA

OK, I'm gonna fess up......strictly in the aid of science....at 11ish this morning I thought I should try some of the Super Lemon Haze auto that I cobbed on Sept. 1 - I can't take the taste so I found some Elcheapo Fruit Rollups to use with it. OK, I then continue on to cob a couple more on my new and exciting 3/4" copper pipe mold (more on this later) anyhow noon comes along and I realize I got a reeeaaaalll good buzzzz goin' on. And while I am digesting lunch my head starts workin' - and I don't wanna say it but -
I might be a freakin' certified card carrying genius!!!!! OK - here's why.... :dunno:
I know a lot of people would enjoy the chewed cob experience but the taste is a real turn off.......so
View attachment 18905205
I cut my cob into what I hope is a good dosage then encase it in the fruit roll up - it is easy to form, sticks to itself when worked, and forms around any shape!!! I'm almost giddy!!! OK, that might be the cob still working!!!
View attachment 18905207
So here they are encased in their sugary jackets - these pieces were pretty dry so I'm hoping that some of the moisture in the candy will soften the cob - it breaks up pretty quick when you start to chew.
I sure hope there is no down side to this - if you can think of any reason this is a bad idea - let me know!!:whee:
Hahaha, love it "certified card carrying genius!..." Cracking me up here @Buzzzzd :) Hey, whatever works to help it go down... what's that line?? "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...", seems like it works!
Enjoy!

Buzzzzd

I will put this out here just in case others want to try a compacted cob....
This uses a 3" chunk of 3/4" copper pipe, a soldered threaded adapter and whatever you can find that threads on and closes the end (this what I had, a threaded to1/2" reducer) I then placed a 1/4" nylon slug inside to create a bottom.
DSC05942.JPG

I also made this little base for it to stand in.
DSC05943.JPG

Here is one squeezed in pretty tight. I made three, about 3" long - one pressed by hand, one squeezed with the drill press and one put in the vice. It came out at 23g. I will try to keep track if there are any differences.
DSC05933.JPG

When it is full, I turn it over and use the plunger and the drill press to push it out. I have built a little stand to accomplish this. If you need a pic, just ask.
It is a little after 5 and the buzz is starting to fade!!! Slowly!! Have I mentioned that I love Cob!!!! :jump:

Tangwena

Veteran
here some pic from now
View attachment 18905028
View attachment 18905029
View attachment 18905030
Beautiful color change they look ready to go just dry excess moisture and re seal your on your way to a nice cure.

Tangwena

Veteran
View attachment 18905205
View attachment 18905207
Be careful you dont like the taste too much ha ha.
Sweet tooth makes for a sweet life ha ha.