What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOUR DUBBLE INFO THREAD

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are a few guesses what Sdubb is. We will never know.
1. Sour Diesel x Sour Bubble. BOG tells caligreen this at the festival.
2. Sour Bubble x ECSD rez pollen. BOG mentions this in 2005
3. Sour Bubble x NYCD. BOG mentions this in 2014

Last edited:
Q

quokka

There are a few guesses what Sdubb is. We will never know.
1. Sour Diesel x Sour Bubble. BOG tells GS buddy this at the festival.
2. Sour Bubble x ECSD rez pollen. BOG mentions this in 2005
3. Sour Bubble x NYCD. BOG mentions this in 2014

:laughing:

It seems BOG has some good genetics but his strain descriptions seem to contradict themselves a bit i have noticed........ and this post perpetuates my bemusement.

DAWGWEED

This has got to be one of if not the best tasting smelling strain i have ever tried and being born and raised in so.cal, I have tried a few...

I have some Sour Dubb finishing up right now, I hit her with an AlienDawg male solid seeds so far (I picked some early), and have several sprouted already.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

highlem

Keep pics & great infos coming guys, real nice thread starting to take off!!! can't wait to taste some Sour dubb now...

PF do you know how many days in flowering for this Sdubb on your last pics!? The strain run like sour deez about 10-11 weeks or less flowering time!?
wish could see pics of her full ready just before the harvest...

Big UP Purple Frostbyte, Subrob, GREYSKULL!!!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good TC. I haven't found anyone that would not rate her in there top 5. Your gonna lov it.

We are getting spoiled with the Cultivars that are extremely frosty with little or no flav. Sdubb doesn't have that bag appeal like GG#4 or similar has. She requires a good trim. We have gotten to far away from the Cultivars that have a top shelf terpene profile. Potency is good but without that Flav/Aroma I lose interest quick. Yield is the least important to me. Finding a Cultivar that has all 4 main components is very hard. Sdubb hits 3 of those main components we strive so hard to find.

I have a few Sdubb s1 going. I noticed 1 is a bitch. She doesn't like the same feed the others are getting. SD#36 will need a few runs to find her sweet spot. This 1st run is a look see. I will at least get to smell and taste her. She might not make the cut many don't.

Cannavore

Veteran
this is the most frost i've ever had on a vegging plant. the new growth is packed with little bulbous glandular heads. death star x sour dubb #2

YfeszrB.jpg

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I HEART YOU HAMMERHEAD (aka PF)
great thread.

I don't know about the cash thing
maybe i do... it wasn't supposed to be shared so maybe cash (as is "this plant grows cash") was put around her neck for a short time. that would make sense.
but when i got it from the homie, it was simply "Sour Diesel x Sour Bubble BX3"
not until hanging out in the kitchen at subrob's did we start thinking about giving the plant an identity.
Caligreen came up with the Sour Dubble... a nod to San Diego. And San Diego's Finest.

I found her best pulled at 8 fucking weeks - she will reek and will retain the most flavor
and the high is fun as fuck
the later you go the more aroma and unique flavor you lose
it will be smooth and feel great, but the extra lock you obtain aint worth it in my experience.
JUST SMOKE MORE GREAT TASTING POT hahahaha.

Here's some pics of when i was running her in SoCal....
57 days in coco
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Aloha

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back at ya GS,VERY NICE, Seriously good fade on those girls.

I haven't tried any at 8 weeks. I do have some in flower now I can pull on 6/11..

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I've thought about seeing if I can't get her entered in the HT cup in MI but the sponsoring disp would want me to keep it stocked and if she is not a yielder it would not be a great deal for me. I'll have to see how she does for me.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Thanks for starting the thread hammer! In a few days I should have her in my possession as well! Cant wait to give this lady a go!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are all 37 days. Many of these are seeded. Pics don't show why she is so highly regarded. It's a terpene thing :D.. None of these where misted with revive+mg. The 1st plants I ran I thought was verigation. I was able to fix this with foliar feedings. I have been taking cuts from areas that had the least amount...You will notice witch 1's had foliar with darker green leaves. I still do this in veg only just not all the time.. This will be a good place to discuss possible fakes. I know some thought they had the real deal and didn't. If you get cola's 12" long its very unlikely to be Sdubb. She is not a high calyx to leaf ratio plant..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for tossing this up PF. Now I can stop scratching through all the mindless dribble :respect:

Cmobile9

Enough drooling now I need to aquire a cut. Not one bad report thanks Bog and icmag fam for recognizing a good thing when you see it, rather smoke it hehe.