What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can anyone suggest Portable Vapes for bud?

DemonPigeon

Veteran
There's a lot more portable vapes around for tobacco lately, but like most portable vapes they seem to be very much based around oil use.

I'd like to vape outside of my room without having to ask to use someone's wall plug :p

So obviously I'd like a portable vape, but I don't have any access to Cannabis oil.

:tumbleweed:

Now there are some portable vapes that can be used for bud (I've had a look at some)

But can anyone give me any advice on ones they've heard/know are good?

And which won't get clogged/be impossible to clean

I'm quite taken with the Inhaler shaped ones but they're very expensive to throw money away on if they're going to cause a lot of issues.

So I thought I'd ask my friendly internet stoners for advice :tiphat:

I've heard some people say that portable vapes can be unpleasant to use because they can end up burning solid buds and they don't have a whip, But right now I have a "hotplate"* vape that I use so slightly smokey is what I'm used to, I just want something that's less smokey than... well, smoking.

*For those who don't know what a hotplate vape is:
It's basically a small metal cup with tiny dish on a column in the center that heats up whatever you put on it. A jamjar that screws on top to collect the vapour and there's a tube ("whip") to suck through
It obviously has a slightly smokey feel from the fact it is burning the bud which isn't present in more modern convection vapes that pass hot air over the bud.

I really hope I'm within the TOU on this.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been very happy with my Da Vinci. Very happy with the vaping experience, and this unit has the added benefit to look very stealthy. About $120 from Ebay when I bought 6 months ago.

picture.php

Here's a shot for scale:

picture.php

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Nice vape Danny

Nice vape Danny

I have a Magic Flight Box

Was good at first, but I don't use much.

It is very portable and has a lifetime guaranty.

About $100

:dance013:

Jhhnn

Veteran
I've been considering a magic flight launch box. Seems like people either love 'em or hate 'em, depending. Removeable batteries, so extras can be kept charged.

I'm sure it's not the be-all or end-all of portable vapes, but the price is right on ebay. Their finishing grinder is probably a good idea.

DemonPigeon

Veteran
I use the NO2 I confiscated from my son under my no smoking doctrine (I know I am a hypocrite but hes just a bit too young)

I would love to see links and pics for ever vape suggested if anyone is so motivated

https://www.vapir.com/vaporizers/no2/

View Image

Not to take his side but technically he wasn't smoking.

In fairness though if I have kids I'd not want them to vape weed when they were too young.

But if it was weed or tobacco or alcohol? Weed everytime.

And vaping or eating over smoking, saves the lungs :p

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Not to take his side but technically he wasn't smoking.

In fairness though if I have kids I'd not want them to vape weed when they were too young.

But if it was weed or tobacco or alcohol? Weed everytime.

And vaping or eating over smoking, saves the lungs :p

agreed and it is a sticky wicket

my objective is that he learn that using anything that can alter how you feel should be done with great caution and respect in regard to the human body. if he had medical necessity I would have no issue medicating.

i have no issues with recreational but not when hes learning to drive and at a critical time in his education

our bodies are filters and the more discriminate we are about what we put in them the better and this is a learned behavior especially when many of the things we can put in our "filters" that make us feel good also take from our lives while enslaving us

bigAl25

Veteran
This is a old thread but I wanted to share my experience with the portable vapes I've used since I took Willie Nelson's advice on vape more. The DaVinci vape I purchased , since my buddy used one in Turoni's , disappointed me. One the bowl was very small, and it did give off an odor when heating up. Not an exact ganja order, but a funky odor that signaled something was burning. I purchased a Pulsar APX vape and I'm thrilled with it. The bowl is larger, there is no funky smell when heating up or smoking. The bonus is I can get a pleasant taste from the flower that did not happen with the DaVinci. The Pulsar is superior and has less moving parts than the DaVinci. It's been a win, win for me.

R03

I have tried a few, and I now use a Magic Flight Launch Box. I would never use anything else.
https://www.magic-flight.com/

It is super easy to clean, it is small, and can be used in different ways.
I saw a lot of reviews of it on youtube, and it seems like all the reviewers did not know how to use it properly. It is all in the instructions written out.

Brother Nature

I really like my PAX 2, I've also heard great things about the Firefly (v2) as well. If I were to grab one again it'd be the Firefly, but I've realized I still prefer my bong to the vape, unless I'm out and about. One of the pluses about the PAX is it's very hardy and pretty stealthy too.

Latest posts

Latest posts