What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

zamaldelica high.. is it worth it?

I really want to try zamaldelica outdoors in hawaii as it resembles closely Reunion, the french island zamal is from, quite similiar to hawaiian islands in terms of photoperiod and soil (volcanic).

I am worried about the high though....I enjoy powerful weed, but some people explain this strain as straight up "terror ridden" heart pounding stuff.

I mean is this stuff fun to do at say the water park? skiing? surfing? outdoor activites? socializing?

In the strain description of zamaldelica, ACE says it has a "lysergic" effect, what does this mean exactly?

Is the quality of the high undesirable? Anyone who has smoked it I would love to hear your feedback.:tiphat:

The Hatter

Veteran
I'm very curious about this too. So curious that I decided to pick up a pack.

I think I remember you saying you are a Golden Tiger fan. Since Zamaldelica is half GT the odds are good that you would like it. GT is also often described as scary intense by some people. Since I have yet to grow it, I won't really know what it's like until early next year.

I believe by "lysergic" the author of the comment was referring to the trippy effects of Timothy Leary's favorite molecule. It's often against the rules in some forums to list that substance by its name so it's probably best that we don't.

I am a fan of golden tigers form, vigor, and growth, a beautiful prolific plant, but the high I do not know yet.

apparently the more thai leaning pheno of zamaldelica has a clear electric upbeat high, which is what I am looking for.

and the african leaning pheno has this crazy high thats clear at first but then settles into a dirty muddy feeling, which I do not like.

The Hatter

Veteran
It sounds like we have similar tastes. I too will be looking for the more electric and racy Thia/Zamal leaning phenos when the time comes. Best of luck with your seeds. Since 75% of the genes are either Thia or Zamal, I think the odds of finding phenos that lean in that direction shouldn't be too tough. :)

idiit

Veteran
what was the last strain that ppl were actually afraid of? :) .

the extensive cure required by many landraces ( including polyhybrid lr strains) might transform zamaldelica into a totally different type of high effects.

the zamaldelica story is still in its infancy.

waveguide

Veteran
a lot of people are freaked out by c99.. this board is full of people saying it's too racy and paranoid.

ymmv

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I really want to try zamaldelica outdoors in hawaii as it resembles closely Reunion, the french island zamal is from, quite similiar to hawaiian islands in terms of photoperiod and soil (volcanic).

I am worried about the high though....I enjoy powerful weed, but some people explain this strain as straight up "terror ridden" heart pounding stuff.

I mean is this stuff fun to do at say the water park? skiing? surfing? outdoor activites? socializing?

In the strain description of zamaldelica, ACE says it has a "lysergic" effect, what does this mean exactly?

Is the quality of the high undesirable? Anyone who has smoked it I would love to hear your feedback.:tiphat:

High RedDirtWarrior,

Zamaldelica indeed would work great in hawaii. The hybrid has the potential to produce scary sativa effects: the crazy psychedelic zamal effect, mixed with the deep long lasting heavy potency from the malawi, and a bit of thai to add the clear speedy boost...

It's a 'dangerous' sativa mix, especially the zamal/malawi phenos, but there are more friendly type of effects too, thanks to the thai influence.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
lol ok.. ok...

I have been holding off, but I have to comment since apparently my reviews have people wondering whether or not this strain is worth it. And really.... paranoia from C99?? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Is Zamaldelica worth it?
YES.

How would I describe it?
Dubi isn't kidding, this cross is SCARY, but its also really awesome. Dubi said it best when he called the strain "terror-iffic." It is not extremely racy and paranoia inducing, its more trippy / psychedelic, more "wah" inducing and electric. I will not lie, its still highly energetic and you're going to be just touching the "I don't know if I want to feel like this anymore" point, but its really something and I would encourage any extreme sativa lover to try this one.

Here are my reviews of the two females I ran.

Malawi / Zamal leaning side:
The high is weird. You're instantly up and clear, a major body buzz sets in your cheeks, working to your toes. The high then shifts to heavy and somewhat dirty leading into tiredness as it falls off a couple hours later. I would say its similar to what I've read of golden tiger, though the smell is definitely Zamal influenced - mango carrot haze. I should note this pheno is a lasting high, probably 4-6 hours for me.

Thai/Zamal Side:
All I can say is HOLY S***. If you are looking for the terror ridden, thai clarity that Dubi has spoke about, you're looking for the tall spindly thai-african looking phenos.

Now granted, I haven't smoked in 2 days before trying this, so the tolerance dropped a little, but I was 11 out of 10 sativa high last night, for nearly 6 hours.

First two hours were INTENSE, scary to the point anyone who wasn't a seasoned smoker would not want to be high anymore. I was definitely at the point of "terror-iffic." If I let anyone else try this, there would definitely be a disclaimer moment before allowing them to proceed. Your head buzzes, but with extreme clarity. Your body feels like its nerves are electric and your skin is somehow an insulator with bones as a wire frame.

The "energy" comes in waves of terrifying, I felt like I was surfing inside of a large tube wave - "shooting the curl" or something. It's really up and positive though, so you think you can try and maintain conversation. As my friends and I were talking, I was at least a sentence behind the conversation while I imagined the words visually - almost hallucinatory?

After the scary ended about 2-3 hours after smoking, it settled into a super talky, up, clear and stupid thai high which lasted in a petering off fashion till I went to sleep.

lol ok.. ok...

I have been holding off, but I have to comment since apparently my reviews have people wondering whether or not this strain is worth it. And really.... paranoia from C99?? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Is Zamaldelica worth it?
YES.

How would I describe it?
Dubi isn't kidding, this cross is SCARY, but its also really awesome. Dubi said it best when he called the strain "terror-iffic." It is not extremely racy and paranoia inducing, its more trippy / psychedelic, more "wah" inducing and electric. I will not lie, its still highly energetic and you're going to be just touching the "I don't know if I want to feel like this anymore" point, but its really something and I would encourage any extreme sativa lover to try this one.

Here are my reviews of the two females I ran.

Malawi / Zamal leaning side:
The high is weird. You're instantly up and clear, a major body buzz sets in your cheeks, working to your toes. The high then shifts to heavy and somewhat dirty leading into tiredness as it falls off a couple hours later. I would say its similar to what I've read of golden tiger, though the smell is definitely Zamal influenced - mango carrot haze. I should note this pheno is a lasting high, probably 4-6 hours for me.

Thai/Zamal Side:
All I can say is HOLY S***. If you are looking for the terror ridden, thai clarity that Dubi has spoke about, you're looking for the tall spindly thai-african looking phenos.

Now granted, I haven't smoked in 2 days before trying this, so the tolerance dropped a little, but I was 11 out of 10 sativa high last night, for nearly 6 hours.

First two hours were INTENSE, scary to the point anyone who wasn't a seasoned smoker would not want to be high anymore. I was definitely at the point of "terror-iffic." If I let anyone else try this, there would definitely be a disclaimer moment before allowing them to proceed. Your head buzzes, but with extreme clarity. Your body feels like its nerves are electric and your skin is somehow an insulator with bones as a wire frame.

The "energy" comes in waves of terrifying, I felt like I was surfing inside of a large tube wave - "shooting the curl" or something. It's really up and positive though, so you think you can try and maintain conversation. As my friends and I were talking, I was at least a sentence behind the conversation while I imagined the words visually - almost hallucinatory?

After the scary ended about 2-3 hours after smoking, it settled into a super talky, up, clear and stupid thai high which lasted in a petering off fashion till I went to sleep.

ahhhg i wish I had more info! I've read the same smoke report a million times! its that good! I have 9 beautiful healthy seedlings going right now, they love hawaii for sure. Some grow faster than others....there are 2 that are just the fastest growing seedlings I have ever seen. lets see how they like 100% dirt from the earth and nothing else :)

ahhhg i wish I had more info! I've read the same smoke report a million times! its that good! I have 9 beautiful healthy seedlings going right now, they love hawaii for sure. Some grow faster than others....there are 2 that are just the fastest growing seedlings I have ever seen. lets see how they like 100% dirt from the earth and nothing else :)

How's your plants coming along? This strain definitely sounds interesting.

U

unthing

thanks terpene for the nice review. sounds like an awesome strain, not necessarily something to smoke while chilling at couch and playing videogames. but i'm thinking for outdoors it'll be great.

Oneiros

lol ok.. ok...

Is Zamaldelica worth it?
YES.

Thank you for your descriptions, Terpene. You've inspired me to run my own comparison between Z Standard (Zamal x Golden Tiger) phenos and Z Feminized (Zamal x "killer" Malawi).

Madjag

Veteran
La Reunion Island - the source of the Zamal Strain

La Reunion Island - the source of the Zamal Strain

I enjoy tripping around the world and finding photos of the areas under discussion, especially for cannabis strains and genetics. La Reunion Island is way out there, a tropical paradise near Madagascar and Mauritius that has all the island environments that the various Hawaiian islands have all rolled into one crazy place.

I can see how fishermen and sailors over the centuries, and even now as in the case of this strain's origin in the marketplace, have latched onto their favorite strains and have become the vectors for the weed's dispersal world-wide. Who knows what Columbus or Vasco De Gama's crew stashed when they explored new places....

Zamaldelica is the name selected by A.C.E. Seeds for their amazing hybrid that included the heavy "lysergic" genes of the Zamal strain. I entered that naming contest with "Zamalicious" as my choice, but alas it was not chosen. Hey, it was worth a shot at getting some choice beans as the prize. Perhaps the name will fit the results of my own breeding experiments this coming outdoor season instead. Since names don't truly have total clarity of meaning when it comes to the genetics inside, why not use a spicy title?

Here are some photos of La Reunion. I'd love to visit there for a few months, eh? The fertile soil and close African neighbors certainly must have helped with the cannabis infusion many centuries ago....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bushweed

Veteran
I believe La Reunion holds the records for most rain in a day, most rain in two days, most rain in a week, so that suggests the Zamal should be fantastic for resisting mould and the general travails of shitty weather...