What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

mudballs

So earth has recycled its self 8 times is that what your claiming? 🤣
Yes..."The interaction between the tectonic and the hydrologic systems causes constant recycling of the materials of the Earth's crust. Rocks are heated, metamorphosed, melted, weathered, sediment is transported, deposited and lithified, then it may be metamorphosed again in yet another cycle"
"The recycling of Earth's crust in volcanoes happens much faster than scientists have previously assumed. Rock of the oceanic crust, which sinks deep into the earth due to the movement of tectonic plates, reemerges through volcanic eruptions after around 500 million years"

Rgd

Veteran
if the cry was "clean up pollution”
we would be going in the right direction
but like the new definition of a “vaccine”[ by the follow the science crowd]
...we aren't

Porky82

Yes..."The interaction between the tectonic and the hydrologic systems causes constant recycling of the materials of the Earth's crust. Rocks are heated, metamorphosed, melted, weathered, sediment is transported, deposited and lithified, then it may be metamorphosed again in yet another cycle"
"The recycling of Earth's crust in volcanoes happens much faster than scientists have previously assumed. Rock of the oceanic crust, which sinks deep into the earth due to the movement of tectonic plates, reemerges through volcanic eruptions after around 500 million years"
So what does this have to do with human induced climate change??

mudballs

The point was earth will be fine..you all said it won't. I never said weren't causing any form of climate change, just your 'sky is falling' foaming at the mouth fit isn't an emergency

Porky82

The point was earth will be fine..you all said it won't. I never said weren't causing any form of climate change, just your 'sky is falling' foaming at the mouth fit isn't an emergency
I like your assumptions of my actions! Foaming at the mouth! 🤣
Your lack knowledge of somthing you don't understand is actually quite amusing!

Porky82

You're just a loudmouth wannabe eco warrior who actually isn't even fit to discuss what should be a concern and when...but it's fun to watch you squirm at my posts
Squirm at you lack of understanding and your arrogance of the climate maybe but nothing you have posted has any credibility whatsoever. 🤣

mudballs

if the cry was "clean up pollution”
we would be going in the right direction
but like the new definition of a “vaccine”[ by the follow the science crowd]
...we aren't
Only smog really concerns me...even polution like microplastics, garbage patch, etc can get eaten pretty quickly by earths systems. Bad locations are localized really that only spoil that regions soil/water...yeah there's also a threshold tipping point for that, but i don't think are remotely close to it. We will start to reduce pollution sooner than it appears..imo

mudballs

I'll try to explain..think about plume modeling software...a smog plume like hong kong, just constantly going...until it circumnavigates the globe, like a huge volcanoe blow...then you get a feedback loop, that just turns into a run away nuclear winter scenario.

Porky82

I'll try to explain..think about plume modeling software...a smog plume like hong kong, just constantly going...until it circumnavigates the globe, like a huge volcanoe blow...then you get a feedback loop, that just turns into a run away nuclear winter scenario.
Think about a city with no cars causing the smog!

CharlesU Farley

I'll have a discussion with @Rgd respectfully today...you can watch from my ignore list
Just did that today myself for the first time in a _very_ long time. I normally don't like to do it, because I like to see the shit swirling around my feet _before_ I step in it.

But once you step in it, you know it's there, so there's no need to keep seeing it and wiping it off of your shoes. :)

You know, except for the occasional slip up, we're both doing pretty good around here this time... so far.✌️:cool: