What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

blue cheese 12/12 from seed oxypot style

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 48 from seed

had a bit of a fuk up today while changing the res on 1 of me plants and bent the main cola over after it hit the light, it wasnt a complete snap just bent her to a 45 degree angle so ive taped the bitch up ,bit of lst going on but not intentionly :jerkit:

ive upped there feed to .7 and .8 ec as they were both showing signs of wanting more

ive also started to get trich production on 1 of the plants which is always nice to see

the tops of the flowers are forming nicely im just looking forward to see some buds filling out ;)

i dont know if its just me but the leaves seem to be more sativa on the plants than big broad indica 1's
im not sure is its more blueberry dominant or cheese dominant, im inclined to think blueberry which would explain the small amounts of feeding that they are taking on as i know blueberry likes to be kept on low dosages

i cant wait to do a complete grow with the led panel as it is proving to be a sound investment ;)

latest pics 10 days under led

170620101447.jpg

170620101459.jpg

170620101448.jpg

170620101449.jpg

170620101451.jpg

170620101452.jpg

170620101453.jpg

170620101454.jpg

170620101455.jpg

170620101456.jpg

170620101457.jpg

Awesome Skotty! Looking sweet as! Wouldn't worry about the snap, it's that far advanced now it will have the strength to get over it and produce still! Your panel seems to be doing the trick!! :comfort:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
the snap seemes to of healed itself , it bent right over to a 180 degree postion and fluid leaked from the stem , i propped her up using tape and a few days later im left with a bulge where she repaired herself, proper sturdy little fukers and obviously they like it rough , i might try slapping them about a bit see how the respond ;) happy days

not seeing much in the way of bud formation as they seem to of slowed down a little bit or maybe im being to eager to wanna see some hench buds, im seeing more increase in trichs on the leaves more than anything else over the past couple of days so hopefully they will be nice and frosty ;)

for any 1 following this grow ive found that blue cheese in hydro likes the ph to be between 5.6-5.8 this is her sweet spot anything above and below she gets a bit fussy so im having to monitor her ph and act accordingly

both plants are now on .8ec and ph 5.7 and the leaves on the plant with pk13/14 have gone a nice dark green waxy colour which i knew they would do once i added the pk ;)

thanks for dropping in

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Looking good mate, Wont be long they'll be some fat ass little Buds, Ph management counts for alot, Nice Work! ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 52 or week 7 from seed

i was looking back over my past onyx grow and comparing week 7 to where i am in this grow and i can safely say that im well on par if not better with the blue cheese 12/12, and the onyx took 12 weeks to finish but didnt pack any weight untill the final few weeks

the blue cheese seems to have way more bud sites than my onyx did and looks to be bigger in size the important factor for me now is how big my buds swell up in the coming weeks im hoping the led light pays off ;)

i just took a few pics of 1 of the plants as i was doing my daily matinence checks on her,you can see in the pic where she has healed from the bend she sustained ;)

im still holding out on the other plant with the pk 13/14 but i think next week will be the week when i hit her with the boost ;)

on a serious note i think some of you seasoned growers who like to produce their own strains shoud get the blue cheese onto the auto scene and maybe cross her with an ak47 or even a diesel or even a white russian because there is a big hole in the auto market and i think the blue cheese could fill it ;)
you only have to see what these bitches are producing on 12/12 from seed,they are already ourperforming most autos strains on the market but to have her crossed with an already stable auto would be whole new level ;)

all the pics are taken from 1 plant and are all from different bud sites she has to offer, i didnt take pics of every bud site just the ones i could get to :)

210620101478.jpg

210620101463.jpg

210620101464.jpg

210620101466.jpg

210620101467.jpg

210620101468.jpg

210620101469.jpg

210620101472.jpg

210620101473.jpg

210620101474.jpg

210620101476.jpg

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i just realised that i was growing with my led panel @ 10 inches above my plants and clicked why my buds on the lower branches are forming quicker.
the light has a high intensity output and because of the light being so close it will slow growth as the plants have a saturation point (twat) i was also covering a less lighting area

ive now raised my light to 16 inches above my canopy which has now given me enough space to cover both of my plants buds and a much better light coverage over both my ladies

it is stated that the for best results to use the light between 12 - 18 inches of the plants tops anything closer may cause slow growth,however im not complaining about the standards of my plants but always looking to improve and hopefully maximise with the equipment i have got

im learning so much from this grow and its gonna set me up nicely for my next project im also hoping that people can learn from my mistakes ;) im such a stoner at times :spanky:

peace

Lol! That looks great man! That's gonna be some kick ass bud!!

What you thinking of doing next?

I always try and keep my light 22 - 24 inches from the tops but hps is so hot you have to!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
yeah i heard that the heat from them things can be a nightmare especially on sunny days

im undecided as to which route to take next wether to go back to autos do more 12/12 from seeds or even grow out a regular strain im gonna see how this 1 pans out first

im dying to grow another onyx though lol in fact ill probably switch back to autos and do onyx, mi5 and il diavolo and see if i cant maximise yield on them ;)

you should try a 12/12 from seed if you have the space when you flip over but looking at your plants space might be an issue in the future ;) lol

peace

Yeah! Space is a bugger! But I'm a joiner so building a room to just flower in is an easy option! It is getting some serious thought at the mo!!!!

If you do another Onyx i'll start one off at the same time and see what happens!!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
sounds good to me ill be up 4 that ;) having 2 seperate rooms would be the tits 1 for veg and 1 for flower

ive just popped my last 3 shortstuff #1 seeds they were free from an order i placed ages ago and ive never had a decent grow out of them, ive either ended them early or they under performed but ive decided to plant them straight in the back garden and see what happens :)

to be fair though ive had 100 % germination rate with them so i cant fault them as freebies and they have always cracked in less than 12 hours, if i get a male i might spread his pollen on 1 of these blue cheese plants and see what happens ;)

230620101479.jpg

230620101480.jpg

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 56 from seed start of week 8 (week 5 from sexing)

Good luck with them mate! Will be interesting to see how they grow outside! What you going to grow them in?

their just going straight in the ground fella probably put some john innes nuber 2 mixed in and let nature do its thing ;)

since these plants have started putting out trichs the smell has increased 10 fold they really do smell dank as fuk if you have ever had the uk cheese then you will appreciate how bad these stink, the hum from these alone is enough to make you high ive left the grow room with my head spining :) i should warn that any 1 tempting to grow this strain that the stench is a level 9

the plants are flying along, the plant without canna boost is way out performing the 1 with it, both plants are locked in @ .7ec and ph 5.7 however i have had some ph swings over the past few days

i think im in the stage of the grow were my buds will start packing it on in the final weeks and im soooo looking forward to smoke these babies

latest pics

250620101505.jpg

250620101506.jpg

250620101516.jpg

250620101512.jpg

250620101497.jpg

250620101487.jpg

250620101488.jpg

250620101490.jpg

250620101494.jpg

250620101496.jpg

250620101486.jpg

Awesome mate! I know what you mean about the smell, reeks doesn't it!! :)

What's your estimated grow time?

My grow room stinks now! Not sure if it's the Big devil or the Trainwreck though!!

Scrogerman

Veteran
Looking Good There Buddy! Hope it goes Smooth for ya! Good luck!;)

What problems with PH are you having Skotty, maybe i can help out? But i doubt it they look great. Im surprised on the Canna Boost one, watch them finish a week to 10 days faster than the control though, did for me, & the buds were denser & smelt & tasted better, or maybe i was trippin!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 60 from seed

hey scrogger due to the increase in warm weather in the uk my temps have risen a bit inside my tent which in turn made my water temps rise a little in return fuking with my ph :( however im montoring them daily and changing res as and when required

the plant with the canna boost was the quickest out of the blocks and was the 1 that i thought would be my best plant but this hasnt been the case, she is not producing as big as the one just on canna aqua

however the 1 on just canna aqua is prone to show deficeinies quicker so you could say that canna boost does aid in keeping the plants immune system healthier

ive now added pk13/14 to the plant with canna boost to try and get some bud swelling going on

on a side note after 8 weeks i thought i might see some brown hairs but i cant find 1 on any of the plants which means they can only grow phatter

pics of plants

the 1 with canna boost

290620101518.jpg

290620101517.jpg

290620101519.jpg

290620101520.jpg

290620101524.jpg

the 1 without canna boost

290620101525.jpg

290620101526.jpg

290620101520.jpg

290620101527.jpg

290620101528.jpg

290620101529.jpg

290620101530.jpg

290620101532.jpg

peace

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
looks so beautifull bro skotty!!
i have a question , the bud grow under led have enough hardness like bud grow under hps? how is when you touch ??

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
as in the pics they are still forming and its not untill they form properly that they start to go hard so i wont be able to tell untill later in the grow, but having said that its also strain dependant not every strain forms hard nugs and i can safely say that out of all the uk grown blue cheese i have smoked the buds have never been really tight and the same applies to the uk cheese.

yesterday when i was in the tent i had a beautiful smell of blueberry from 1 of the plants when i moved her, it sent shivers down my spine and my taste buds went mental :)

there is absouloutley no question that led lights will produce buds, there is no doubt about that but this isnt really a fair grow to compare wether led lights are good or bad for many reasons consisting of

started off with cfl
12/12 from seed ( no veg time so less bud and time to mature )
different nute setups being used in both setups (trial purposes)
my 1st ever grow with the led panel
im battling uk temps at the minute as well, mini heat wave

but from what ive seen so far im impressed

this grow is a pure experiment and trying different things out so im not gonna get the best outta the plants or the lights im honing my technique so to speak and i was testing out these seeds as i have about 400+ blue cheese seeds in my fridge
im pretty sure on the next round i will be able to show what the panel and my grow style is capable of when i switch back to autos and do a more serious grow :)

although my plants are only 25 inches tall and the light is 18 inches above the plants the lower bud sites are forming nicely so penertartion is deffinatlly there.

appologises about the awfull pics i was in a rush to get back work but ill get some decent 1s up next time

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
on another note outta the 3 shortstuff #1 seeds that germinated only 1 made it above ground however i think i planted the seeds upside down so it was a pure mistake on my behalf, i would of been pissed had i of paid for them but as they were free im not that fussed.

its now been planted in my garden for the past 24h and im just gonna let it do its thing, ill update accordingly on its progress it has a plastic bottle over it untill it gets a litlle bigger and stronger :)

290620101541.jpg

290620101537.jpg

290620101536.jpg

peace