You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Thai Chang Mai x Pananma Goddess

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Thai Chang Mai x Pananma Goddess Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2019, 05:59 PM #31
deepwaterdude

deepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud ofdeepwaterdude has much to be proud of
Incredible plant structure, or just perfect! Lateral branches not too long, might be nice for SOG indoors, controlling that humidity. Really nice buds!

2017 Ace testers - Zam x Kali China and Panama x Zamaldelica
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338488

2018 Into the Haze(s) - Panama Haze, Haze x KC, ZAmaldelica, Orient Express, Malawi PCK
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=347939

2018 - A5 x Malawi, Zamaldelica fem, Orient Express fem
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=354063

Current 2019 - Hooked on Haze - PanHaze, Haze x KC, A5 x NMK, Neville's x NMK
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=361973
deepwaterdude is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:43 PM #32
Rory Borealis

Rory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by canna.ballistic View Post
Harvested my Thai Chiang Mai x Panama Goddess a few days ago at just over 10 weeks into flower.

The cons ... there is certainly a pheno which is very subject to bud-rot (Arjan also had one plant out of four which suffered from botrytis) ... no doubt the big dense buds (presumably Panama Goddess leaning) made this plant susceptible to bud-rot in my subtropical environment, although a Thai Chiang Mai leaning plant would probably be more resilient.

If growing in a humid climate, expect heavy bud-rot loses if you get a Panama Goddess leaning girl.
Sorry to hear about your bud rot issues. I grow in a hot and humid climate, as well. Try this remedy on your plants, begin with the first week of flowering. Dilute 1 tablespoon of dairy milk (whole milk, 2%, skim, it doesn't matter.) in 1 gallon of water. Spray the plants TWICE each week. The beneficial bacteria in the milk will spread all over the plant, creating a protective barrier against botyritis and other types of mold. My grow climate is VERY hot and humid and this has worked for me while growing dense indicas as well as sativas with thick bud structures. I hope this helps.
Rory Borealis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:09 AM #33
canna.ballistic

canna.ballistic is just really nicecanna.ballistic is just really nicecanna.ballistic is just really nicecanna.ballistic is just really nicecanna.ballistic is just really nicecanna.ballistic is just really nicecanna.ballistic is just really nicecanna.ballistic is just really nicecanna.ballistic is just really nicecanna.ballistic is just really nicecanna.ballistic is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Borealis View Post
Sorry to hear about your bud rot issues. I grow in a hot and humid climate, as well. Try this remedy on your plants, begin with the first week of flowering. Dilute 1 tablespoon of dairy milk (whole milk, 2%, skim, it doesn't matter.) in 1 gallon of water. Spray the plants TWICE each week. The beneficial bacteria in the milk will spread all over the plant, creating a protective barrier against botyritis and other types of mold. My grow climate is VERY hot and humid and this has worked for me while growing dense indicas as well as sativas with thick bud structures. I hope this helps.
Hey, Rory B ... thanks for sharing that info about the milk.

I have used milk before, but usually only after I had already noticed some botrytis on the plant ... I did not find the milk as effective as potassium bicarbonate, but I was only applying it short-term to try and knock back the dreaded budrot after it had already established ... and towards the end of a grow with fat buds, even the K bicarb was no good as it couldn't penetrate the buds properly.

I like your remedy of spraying earlier and regularly with the milk to establish a protective barrier of beneficial bacteria ... I will try that next season. I am assuming that by the time the buds fatten up, the 'bene bacts' are established deep within the bud, preventing the fungal spores from setting ... i.e. prevention is easier than cure !!

The sad thing with the Thai Chiang Mai x Panama buds is that most of them looked good and healthy from the outside ... it was only after I had harvested and was doing some basic trimming that I noticed lots of the buds had some botrytis deep within them. The botrytis seemed to be starting from the pre-flowers located on the stem where every bud forms ... and which had subsequently died back, leaving an optimal site for the fungi to establish. I can see that a layer of 'bene bacts' would prevent the budrot from getting established on the dead pre-flowers.

How does the milk spray work in conjunction with the application of other foliars (e.g. BT for caterpillars, seaweed, fertilisers) ??
canna.ballistic is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2019, 06:45 PM #34
Rory Borealis

Rory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the roughRory Borealis is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

How does the milk spray work in conjunction with the application of other foliars (e.g. BT for caterpillars, seaweed, fertilisers) ??
It's all about spore wars. Build the shield before the alien invaders arrive. Kinda liken 'Space Invaders' . In my experience, the milk was as good as soap, yet I'd rather smoke milk than soap. The organic defense against caterpillars is diatomaceous earth. It's like a layer a razor glass that slices the bugs up. Ants are a big issue here, so I use Saigon Cinnamon-it's available at your local grocery store, next to regular cinnamon. I make a circular barrier around the base of the stem. Ants hate that stuff. It's like a voodoo barrier that they don't want to cross until it rains. Once they cross the cinnamon line, the diatomaceous earth is waiting. If they make it past that, the bacteria barrier is already up, make their visit a little more sour. Neem is something that that is applied early in the vegetative stage, allowing it to soak into the plants cell walls. I have learned through trial and error to build a layered multi-level defense.

Have a look at this thread: Lacto Bacilli: process and discussion. Lacto works even better than just milk.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=96325
Rory Borealis is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2019, 12:50 PM #35
Arjan

Arjan will become famous soon enoughArjan will become famous soon enough
Beautiful plant canna.ballistic!

Too bad about the mold, I thought it would be more mold tolerant because of the thai genetics.

How is the smell on the curing buds? To me it smells like green tea and leather, really unusual but very nice.

I have been testing the buds a couple of times , at first it was pretty mellow, euphoric, clear and relaxing but last weekend I vaped some bud and it was already really potent. I have grown panama a couple times and this is already more potent than panama, it was almost too much for me.
Arjan is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2019, 04:47 PM #36
Morglie

Morglie will become famous soon enoughMorglie will become famous soon enough
Thai Chang Mai x Panama around 3 weeks under 11/13 lighting. Lots of lateral branching on her. She's already stretched close to 100%.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190612_172328.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	497031

Name:	IMG_20190612_172838.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	497032

Name:	IMG_20190612_172830.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	497033
Morglie is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:24 PM #37
right

right is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really niceright is just really nice
Sweet ! Is this still in the R & D stage? I wonder how dominant the panama is .

My ace Panama had wider leaves.

Last edited by right; 06-16-2019 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: More
right is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2019, 07:47 AM #38
Ncali

Ncali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to behold
Tuned in, cool cross
Past Grows:
Ace-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post8157739

Ncali is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2019, 04:20 AM #39
Morglie

Morglie will become famous soon enoughMorglie will become famous soon enough
Mine is definitely taking after the Thai side. I'm thinking it'll go 14-16 weeks at the rate it's flowering.
Morglie is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2019, 04:32 AM #40
qball520

qball520 will become famous soon enoughqball520 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Last year, whilst chatting with Luis from Ace about an order, he mentioned they had recently made a Thai Chiang Mai x Panama Goddess cross which had just become available (I think it is now listed in the 2019 R&D catalogue). It sounded too interesting to pass by, so I added it to my order ... thanks Luis !!

I popped a seed of the Thai Chiang Mai x Panama Goddess just before Christmas, and transplanted it outside into the ground when it was three weeks old. She has been subject to very hot and humid conditions since then (although very little rain), but has shown no issues with the challenging conditions. Now just on 5 foot tall, and starting some nice stretch, although no pistils showing within the buds yet.

Fantastic looking large 'alligator' leaves, good strong stem, and decent branching.

Stem smells are presently sweet spicy cedar, although there was also some over-ripe tropical fruit smells a couple of weeks ago.

Photos are from the start of the month (three weeks ago)
View Image View Image
She looks super beautiful and healthy. That's sounds like an amazing cross. Cant wait to see how she turns out!
qball520 is offline Quote