What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CSN-17

20kw dreams

Anything about it, I want to hear it.

No BS about anything else.

To the point.

What additives have you used with it !!AFTER OR SIDE BY SIDE ONLY!!

YIELDS?

QUALITY?

EASE?(pH)?

Get off topic and I'll troll you for life:D

I've used CNS17 for about 8 months now and have not looked back. I've used it in soil, soiless mixes, DWC, top drip coco, and ebb and flow with great results. Its cheap, concentrated, long shelf life, CHELATED, and complete. I have run 5gal DWC mother buckets for 2 months only topping off with RO water once in a while, and they regrow like crazy still. Chelation is the key here, it keeps the nutrients available to the plant at all times. I'm not saying you should try that but its definitely possible with this awesome nutrient.

I've used a huge list of additives with CNS and the only one that gave me problems was Humboldt's Gravity. I burned a few plants cause I didnt back down the nutrient amount enough when applying it, and CNS is very concentrated so it resulted in an immediate and irreversible burn. Just be careful on the strength thats all. I personally swear by this nutrient for the sheer simplicity. I've seen newbs with no hydro experience at all use it and get great yields. Even when the PH is out of whack the plant still gets the needed nutrients, amd the PH almost never needs checking by the way.

The stuff is good. Try it you wont regret it.

G

gdawg

ya there was another long ass thread on here but they started talkin bout all kinds other shit. i been wanting to try it too, but i've been on the pbp for three years now and startin to get a feel for it. but the price difference.... what about adding the calmag quality/taste are my concerns too. i got to get a big batch of nutes in the next few weeks though and i do need to experiment some. i got enough pbp left from this run to do a side by side test. surfin were ya runnin the same e.c #'s?

I usually just use 700ppms as my baseline for veg and 1200 ppm's and up for flower. It hasn't failed me yet. I usually bring those numbers up with the additives I use. Alot of it is just getting a feel for how much the plants want, which is very easy to do with this nutrient cause even if you do overdo it a bit, chelation is on your side and makes load easier to handle for the plants. I have definitely seen huge ease of use from CNS compared to non chelated nutrients.

What about salt build up with CNS-17 vs. Canna Coco or Monkey Juice?

Has anyone here had salt issues with CNS-17 more than they would with other products?

OldMan&theWeed said:
What about salt build up with CNS-17 vs. Canna Coco or Monkey Juice?

Has anyone here had salt issues with CNS-17 more than they would with other products?

CNS is MUCH less prone to salt built up than other nutrients. I personally have never burned a plant with it but according to Botanicare the "organic structures hydrolize immediately" which I would assume means that whatever is organic in the nutrient gets dissolved into the medium allowing any beneficials to pick it up and use it, as oppossed to a mineral based fert which doesnt have those nutes to eat up.

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
Here's the group that makes the stuff: http://www.suntec.co.nz/hydroponics.htm

It is called matrix, botanicare just sticks a label on the stuff.

Here is some nerdery:

MATRIX BLUE ANALYSIS (mg/l after 1:100 dilution)
N 300, P 85, K 350, Mg 75, Ca 280, S 99, Fe 5.0, Mn 3.0, Zn 0.40, B 0.70, Cu 0.07, Mo 0.05, Co 0.045, Ni 0.036, Cr 0.015, I 0.011, Se 0.0038
CF=30 (EC=3.0mmho) adjust dilution to suit required EC

MATRIX RED ANALYSIS (mg/l after 1:100 dilution)
N 267, P 104, K 468, Mg 84, Ca 197, S 111, Fe 5.0, Mn 3.0, Zn 0.40, B 0.70, Cu 0.07, Mo 0.05, Co 0.045, Ni 0.036, Cr 0.015, I 0.011, Se 0.0038
CF=30 (EC=3.0mmho) adjust dilution to suit required EC

Ingredients: Calcium Nitrate, MonoPotassium Phosphate, Potassium Nitrate, magnesium Sulphate, Iron EDTA, Manganese Sulfate, Boric Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Ammonium Molybdate, Nickel Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Potassium Dichromate, Sodium Selenate, Acozine blue or Rubinol red, Synthetic stabilising agent (gum).
Active ingredient(s) Mineral ions

Last edited:
G

gdawg

thanx everybody i'm gonna try it on the next run. 105 bucks for 5galls you can't beat that.

G

Oh 20k, always trying to make shit as simple as possible I see :rasta:

Shit... if I remember correctly, VT is/was one of the only folks who have tried them both..

brah

cool thread, thanks for the info

been kind of interested in CNS17 since a pal informed me of its affordable qualities

I am rediculously excited right now cause a hydroponic store in the city offered me a 5gal of grow and a 5gal of bloom CNS17 for only $160. I'm gonna pick them up in a few days.

I love this stuff.

20kw dreams

It's really interesting to me because I am thinking of using an injector system, instead of a reservoir, so a 1 part is nice, otherwise I need an injector for each nutrient.

Does the CSN have humic acid and kelp in it like PBP? I think that is one of the things that makes PBP so attractive, and that it's mostly organic.

20kw dreams said:
It's really interesting to me because I am thinking of using an injector system, instead of a reservoir, so a 1 part is nice, otherwise I need an injector for each nutrient.

Does the CSN have humic acid and kelp in it like PBP? I think that is one of the things that makes PBP so attractive, and that it's mostly organic.

Nope theres no humic or kelp. I just supplement with LK.

G

gdawg

ok so what is the most basic mix with cns? cns/lk, cns/calmag? i'm trying to go with the least amount of additives.

20kw dreams

No Cal-Mag with CSN-17, which is one of the first things that brought it to my attention. I need a real one-part for a injector, and I would be afraid the Ca in CalMag might precipitate when mixed with the P in PBP.

I think You could even mix the two together if I/you wanted or needed to. The only precipitate that I know of is from Ca and P, which if you notice is pretty much why you have AB nutes. I don't see why you couldn't mix up the LK and a salt nutrient. Or the other additives for that reason.

I'm going to e-mail botanicare on that one.

CNS is all in one, you should not need anything else to get big buds, if you choose to use additives, put them in before the CNS and PPM it correctly then. I have used CNS grow and bloom only with tap and had excellent results, it was .9 grams per watt with Master Kush that was vegged out one month. I changed my res once every 2 weeks.

20kw dreams said:
It's really interesting to me because I am thinking of using an injector system, instead of a reservoir, so a 1 part is nice, otherwise I need an injector for each nutrient...

I don't know nute injectors from my ass but is this of any use? Autopot Systems makes an A/B injector the sells for $495 AUD.
Here is a link...

surfingrob said:
CNS is all in one, you should not need anything else to get big buds, if you choose to use additives, put them in before the CNS and PPM it correctly then. I have used CNS grow and bloom only with tap and had excellent results, it was .9 grams per watt with Master Kush that was vegged out one month. I changed my res once every 2 weeks.

Would you please give some detail as to the size of show and how much cns you used for veg and bloom?

:woohoo: my first post in the coco forum!
GG

20kw dreams

Ganja Guerilla said:
I don't know nute injectors from my ass but is this of any use? Autopot Systems makes an A/B injector the sells for $495 AUD.
Here is a link...

http://www.dripirrigation.com/index.php?cPath=30_97

Would you please give some detail as to the size of show and how much cns you used for veg and bloom?

:woohoo: my first post in the coco forum!
GG

You can get them alot cheaper then that. And those are used in small commercial setups. You just need 2 of them for a+b, then one for every additive, but only if you can't mix them, which you can mix alot of stuff, just usually not an AB. You can mix in kelp for example, and most likely all the regular additives, such as LK, FL, etc. A PK booster would need a separate doser though, since it has a unch of P in it, which precipitates with Ca. You get the picture.

Latest posts

Latest posts