What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats best way to smoke my hash

IAMX

today i bought a glass "wand". its uses the same idea as hot kniving. someone told me that heat destroys the thc in the hash (bubble hash) immediately.

has anyone ever used a wand or could anyone fill me in, on the best way to smoke my hash? thanks.

*seems like hitting pieces out of my glass pinch hitter with a lighter gets me pretty blazed that why im not sure if im doing the 'other' method right.

Last edited:

IAMX

ExcelAtIt said:
Here are a few methods:

Ciggarette
I would assume putting it on top of a ciggarette cherry and holding it under a glass bottle with a hole in the bottom would be a better method.
Vaporizer
I think it probably works in a vaporizer but I hear its messy and you have to turn it up really high. I wouldn't put hash in my volcano.
Paperclip
You can light a peice on a paper clip and try to capture the smoke in the top of a 20 oz bottle. This way is kinda hard unless you have some practice.
Bowl/Bong
I used to light the bowl of weed up with a tiny ball on top in the middle, this works somewhat but can suck because the hash takes onto smoking before the bowl is burnin or the weed gets ashed before the hash lights.
Nail
Sink just the tip of a nail into a book. Kinda burn the nail with a protective char layer or make sure its ok to smoke off of (i know its probably still unsafe). Put the hash on the nail and light it. Once fully lit, place glass or other suitable container over it. This will make the hash go out and smoulder. It results in a nice thick cloud but can be hard to not loose half of it when moving the cup around.

Knife hitting - This way gets me the most stoned. I don't know if the thc makes it, but it sure seems like something does. I have done many knife hits, although it does make sense the thc could be destroyed. It would be nice if we could measure how hot these things got as compared to a lighter.

Thanks so much for the ideas. i think at least one of those will suit me..
i totally agree about non lighter temps.

does anyone out there know if its better to smoke with a lighter or or a flameless object?

also theres always the issue of accidentally pushing some threw the hole.. any experienced hash smokers??? how are you gettin the job done
? i know its not rocket science. . . . just new to this

Last edited:

scruffy

I put a tiny bit on some nice white ash in my pipe, then go from there. Especially if the green and the hash are entirely different. Some people use a clean screen laid on top of the pipe. I like the ash because it's not metal, it allows me to smoke more of my hash since it doesn't end up caked on the bottom of the bowl as much as a screen, and I don't look like a freakin' cracky with a bottle in my mouth and holding knives in the gas burner flame. Just my .034 cents

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
?? The heat obviously does NOT destroy THC in hash immediately, or no one would ever get stoned on hash.

I like to put a chink on a tiny piece of bud-just enough to keep it from being drawn through the hole. Ash or a mostly cashed bowl is easy too.

Dr. G

i just pack my bub with it then drop some honey on it

CIMG5017.jpg

IAMX

right on ppl..thanks for the ideas. im all set now. maybe it was dumb to buy the wand. and zymos.. i meant flame more particularly but i guess you'd still be right. it wouldn't destroy the active thc, but it could waste some.. its like vaporizing in a way.. nice pic dr g just what i was hoping for.

Last edited:

peacenik

about the nail

about the nail

Thanks for including that method, it's so old-school. We used to just stick a sewing needle thru a wine cork & set it under glass. Used a straw to inhale the smoke. But we didn't pass the glass, it stays on the table & you move to IT. Good to the last hit. Enjoy! :joint:

LivingTheDream

I use a method called "Haboor" in arabic. Pretty much you take a piece of hash, roll it into a "snake", so a really skinny worm-like piece, the skinnier the better! I then take a cigarette, put a small hole in it, and wedge the "snake" into the hole. I then cut the cigarette so I can wedge it between the sides of the glass. I take it out, light the hash, blow it out so the flame is gone, but still burning and cover with anything so the smoke stays in the cup. I let the smoke billow until I cant see the other side of the glass and inhale through my nose, much more intense IMO. Enjoy haboor!

chaingmai

This is my Favorite way to smoke bubble, crumbled up in some fin herb than rolled into j!!!! tasty and potent.

Also like smoking in a bong with a screen so you can watch it bubble!!

Omfg i was staring HARD lol. If im blessed enough to have decent bubble i seem to be drawn to a nice heady(cerebral) sativa flower to use as a "cushion" then sprinkle bubbles!!!!!!! Fucken a im jealous! Goodstuff guys!

Gry

I like to turn a sessions worth into powder by pushing it through a sifter frozen and filling a small container to do bong hits with.

A small clean bong, and a cup of hot tea infused with hash ...

I used to like to use the smaller toker II glass bongs.
I was breaking them with regularity.
A buddy who has a shop brought me over a real nice little bong made of silicone that has worked out real well for me.
Cleans up real easy and has a nice 'feel' to it.
Works great with a cup of hash tea.

packerfan79

Veteran
If it's full melt you can put it in a folded sheet of parchment and heat it up and spread it as thin as possible, and you can dab it just like wax but way better. In the shops it's known as ice wax.

Gry

Been doing my own extracts since the early seventies.
Never ever experienced dabs, nails, pens or any of that sort of thing.
A friend gave me a new silicone bong, but besides that, the most modern piece of canna gear I have is a grinder. I still get the "new car" kind of feeling every time I use it.