What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gumby Bubble Hash Method

HairlessCaveApe

Redrooster said:
High all, this reminds me of Saddu Sams method, published in the late 60’s!
Simple and cheap but it needs to be completely dry before pressing and why not run it through a coffee filter? Anyway it is usefull to know all methods, you never know where you will be and what you have to work with!
Boom Shiva! RR
There Ya go! Everybody'd be real surprizede and impressed if they ran theyre trichs threw a PERMANENT coffee filter and collected only what goes threw! When makin Ice Hash always remember, ice and cold is your BEST friend. Get it STUPID cold. After You mix, dump your materials into a second five gallon bukkit lined with a five gallon paint strainen bag. Youl be able to just lift your washed out materials outta your bukkit. Then dump this bukkit threw the PERMANENT coffee filter. You can let it settle a while first till its at a more managable level to dump if ya want and then dump it threw the permanent coffee filter, but beleave me, youl be glad ya did.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Bongojaz said:
hey kgb, did you use wax paper? i did and there was some wax in the product.

I did and do use wax paper and haven't had any problems with it so far. I just ran a new batch yesterday and nothing extra showed up in it.

hoodini

I've tried the gumby method twice now. The first time I had pretty decent results. The second time I used a different mixer and I think it kinda ground up the trim and made it really hard to filter out. The hash just crumbled and had tiny pieces of trim in it.

This seems like a good way to make hash for those of us who dont have the inclination to get some bags. Me, for example, end up with a decent amount of trim but rarely run buds for hash since need my medicine with a manageable potency (for me of course).

I'd make sure to really freeze the trim, however. After cutting up trim, mix it with a lot of ice and then toss it in freezer overnight or something. When I make hash I am never in a hurry lol. Just want to do it right.

C

c64

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I prefer gumby over the bag hash , it has a much better consistancy for smoking & it doesn't need to be pressed like the dry sift from the bags .
i use a glass pyrex dish to dry the hash in , its much better than wax paper or cardboard , you get particles of paper or wax in the hash when your pulling it off the paper products .... with glass pans , theres no particles to pick up .

sense using the glass pan i get results like C64's

i don't use any paper products at all during the process , i use the plastic permanant coffee filters to strain through . & adding all the ice & trim to another bucket after mixing is a great idea !!! i do the same & add more ice & water then remix the trim for another straining . theres less chance of left over trichs on the second mixing .
if its left to dry properly , theres very little if any water left in the hash ,no matter how long you let it settle for . i let the first batch set over night & sifton in the morning , then the jars set for a couple hours before they get siftoned into a glass dish & i use a papper towel to dab up as much water as i can .
so i guess i do use a paper product in the process :) but only for dabbing up the water , not for filtering or drying on .

i've even put the dish on a seedling heat mat for an hour to speed up the drying process , but don't leave it on there & forget about it or you'll wind up burning it .

Last edited:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
A hops bag from a homebrew shop is great to hold your material.
I like all my hash in one go. I'm not bothered about different sizes of trichomes in separate bags.
I use a cheapo bag set and just use the work bag for the trim, and the 25 bag.
I've done it at a mates house with only the bucket, a mesh sieve for scooping the plant matter out after mixing, and permanent coffee filter. We siphoned the water off carefully after it had settled, once there was a small amount of water left we poured it through the filter.

Last edited:

Gelado`

Veteran
A hops bag from a homebrew shop is great to hold your material.
I like all my hash in one go. I'm not bothered about different sizes of trichomes in separate bags.
I use a cheapo bag set and just use the work bag for the trim, and the 25 bag.
I've done it at a mates house with only the bucket, a mesh sieve for scooping the plant matter out after mixing, and permanent coffee filter. We siphoned the water off carefully after it had settled, once there was a small amount of water left we poured it through the filter.

That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Cheers Harry!

C

c64

Thank you Dan. :)
I hope you do not send me a large freight container which is filled with your trim. :woohoo:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts