What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Playing with Trichomes

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Playing with and Collecting the Trichomes:joint:

4186bubman7.jpg

I thought it was time for a new thread about trichomes and all their uses ...:D

so let me start with a bubble run with some freshly frozen white widow trim. i also plan to work some of this hash to compare the taste.

what i did this time is use a block of 926g of fresh frozen trim for the first run, then i added a bag of 2 year old dry trim for the second run. in the end i did a third run with only the 25 bag and the working bag, very fast way to do a third run and very much worth it if it's only the second run for half the trim.

anyway let me start with some pics of the ice and other bits and pieces you'll need to make bubble in the 20 gallon, 7 bag set. i use sun glasses to protect my eyes when i'm breaking up the ice with the hammer.

as you can see there is a lot of ice in there, in fact it was real hard to move the mixer around, lol.

this kind of stem and stringy shit is not good for the mixer, it gets wrapped around the mixer bits and end up getting whipped at the bags, which is why i take the time to pick out as much of that stuff as possible before i start mixing.

having mixed with the mixer on low for 12 minutes and waited 30 minutes for it all to settle, we come to pulling the bags, first as always the 190u. which i forgot to take a pic of as i pulled the bag.:D then comes the 160u which is basically cooking material, i also didn't get a pic at the pulling stage. below we have the 120u

4186newbub017-med.jpg

now comes the 73u which is already a lot more interesting then what's come before. the 120 is a good result when your trim has big trichomes and when it's fresh material. but there is nothing quite as tasty and melty as the 73 with fresh trim.

here the above bag once i sprayed the bubbles off, now you can actually see the 73 bubble hash...

a bit closer...

4186newbub020-med.jpg

time for a gentle squeeze in the 73u drying screen.

4186newbub021-med.jpg

time for a gentle press o get the lose excess water out.

i end up with a lump like so. it looks cool but this is not a safe way to leave the fresh bubble hash. it needs to be crumbled up and spread out to dry like you will see below.

4186newbub024-med.jpg

4186newbub025-med.jpg

and now the 45u, which was the last pic i could take before reloading my camera. hence no pic of the 25u being pulled. here the 45 before the spray to get rid of the bubbles.

here we go with the results of the first run with only the fresh frozen block of 925g ww trim.

as you can see, 6 different grades of trichomes, the 190 and 160 are both rather coarse and greenish. the 25 on the other hand is too smooth, nearly creamy. the nicest are without a doubt the 73u, 120 and 45.

4186newbub028-med.jpg

next up will be the second run with the addition of a bag of very old bone dry trim. stay tuned ...:bongsmi:

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
now we come to the next run, as i said i added a bag of very old very dry trim, thinking to make the second run more worth while and at the same time using up some of that real old trim, lol. check it out, the dry stuff really changed the colors of the bubble.

so this time i mixed for 15 minutes with the mixer on full, let it rest half an hour and pulled the first bag; the 190u.

nothing special eh? here we go with the 160u, it already looks a lot better then the 190.

after giving it a spray down we see the actual trichomes lol...

4186newbub032-med.jpg

now it's time to pull the 120 for the second time in terms of the fresh trim, but for the first time with the dry trim. complicated eh? check it out mon.

4186newbub033-med.jpg

the years old trim seems to still have some thing to offer? we will see how it smokes, lol.

4186newbub035-med.jpg

now it's time for my favorite bag of all bags, the 73u. this one makes my full melt when i get it lol.

4186newbub037-med.jpg

4186newbub038-med.jpg

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Farmer John said:
Damn bro thats nice!!!!!!

Hey Farmer John

that was quick man, lol. thanks for the compliment.

kurlyq2g said:
:lurk:

i wanna play with trichomes too.. you lucky bastard

Hi kurlyq2g

welcome to my thread. hope you can enjoy the show :D LOL...

now back to my bubble session, as you know we were just about to press the second harvest of 73 trichomes, now this bubble is made with both fresh frozen and old bone dry trim.

you can see why i try and use my trim when it's freshly frozen for bubble. dry stuff tends to break up too much and ends up letting a lot of contaminants through. see the green shimmer, that's not ideal, lol.

4186newbub039-med.jpg

and time for the pressing screen...

4186newbub040-med.jpg

the finished product, although it's still wet, you can get stoned off it at this point if you needed to, lol. but don't keep it like this it will get moldy inside, which would be a great shame.

4186newbub041-med.jpg

so to avoid the mold having a chance, i just break it up with a spoon and spread it on the cardboard hot-dog tray, they seem to work well and the bubble doesn't stick like it does on unwaxed cardboard. that's the main reason i squeeze the excess water out in the pressing screen, because it stops it sticking to the cardboard in a wasteful way.

4186newbub042-med.jpg

and time for the 45u, as this is a 50/50 run of both dry and fresh trim, this bag will have more then it normally does. as usual it comes out full of bubbles and needs to be sprayed down with water to center it and make a nice pile with most of the air bubbles gone. behold the 45u bag.....

4186newbub043-med.jpg

4186newbub044-med.jpg

and again the 45u in the pressing screen. second time for the fresh material and the first time for the old dry trim.

4186newbub045-med.jpg

after the pressing screen, we have a very nice looking ball of hashish, :yes: not for long though, as ever it needs to be crumbled up so it can dry properly. i can't emphasize this point enough. you do not wanna smoke moldy bubble hash.

4186newbub046-med.jpg

4186newbub047.jpg

and at the end of the second run, how could it be otherwise, lol? the 25u bag. i was originally intending to call it a day after this last bag was pulled. i'd been at it for a number of hours and felt like chilling out. on the other hand i knew there was more hash to be collected on that trim, lol. i also knew that i normally give away the second and third runs, so i wanted to make my life easier with the third run.

so all i did was add the 25 back to the bucket and then i put the 220 working bag in right on top of the 25. poured all the water back in through the material. material. (( i empty the bucket every run, so the water goes through all the trim and ice rinsing any trichomes out that might be stuck, lol). but more on the third run a bit latter.

meanwhile, peace out :bongsmi: :joint:

:wave:

G

So thats how you use a bubble bag... thanks for the pics and information gaius!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Indica Sativa said:
So thats how you use a bubble bag... thanks for the pics and information gaius!

It's a pleasure Indica Sativa old chap.

there are variations when it comes to the system, but those are the basics.

anyway let me get back to the third run...talk about a lot of bubbles...:joint:

so like i said this third time round i'm using only 2 of my 7 bags. the 25 and the 220 working bag with the ice and trim in it. i just couldn't face the prospect of pulling all 6 bags when i didn't really care too much about the quality of this third run.

so after letting it settle for 30 minutes i lifted the working bag out and pressed as much water out as i could, then i pulled the 25 and bingo all the yield of run 3 in one go.

4186newbub050-med.jpg

this one took a lot of spraying with the bubble water to get those air bubbles to burst.

4186newbub051-med.jpg

and it's time for the 25u pressing screen, scoop that shit...:D

after a gentle squeeze we have a nice chunk of hash.

4186newbub054-med.jpg

4186newbub056-med.jpg

time to crumble it up...

4186newbub058-med.jpg

when i saw what i got from the third run, i was real glad that i wasn't lazy about doing it, lol. would have been a great shame.

can't wait to press some of this stuff in my piece maker.

:wave:

Sleepy

Veteran
wowzers!

wowzers!

:yoinks:

damn fine work, gaiusmarius! :woohoo:

man, you sure can play nice!!! :yummy: :yummy: :yummy:

hehehe

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Thanks Sleepy

nice of you to drop by. i wanna start focusing more on after manufacture stuff, like pressing it, or working it in different ways to influence the taste. or curing and what it does for bubble hash. we know how good it makes pollinator powder, but it seems different with bubble? also hash sculptures are welcome, LOL.

Yo Maximo von Bubble

look who's here for my hashy thread thingy.....cool shit man. time to fly into bubble sky....don't be a stranger.

when i was chucking out the water i thought how dark it was, so i took a pic of the last little bit :D

4186newbub060.jpg

first run 73u

next up some second fresh and first dry 120u lol...

4186newbub063-med.jpg

here we have the 73 2nd and 1st.

4186newbub064-med.jpg

here we have the third run fresh mixed with second run dry all collected by the 25u bag only.

4186newbub065-med.jpg

4186newbub066-med.jpg

Okie doky that's the bubble made, once dry, i'll get to working that shit. :biglaugh:

Maximo

My plants love the water leftover from making bubble, you don't save it and water with it gaius?

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
meet bubman the fertility god

meet bubman the fertility god

4186bubman6-med.jpg

say high to my new mate bubman, he's made from 120u trichomes......1st go, lol :biglaugh:

4186bubman2-med.jpg

i thought as i'm gonna be working this hash anyway, i might as well play around while working it :D

next up i'm gonna make him a hat, might have to use another grade for the hat.....i'll stick to the first run though, he is a deity after all....hehe.

here's the 120 i made him with...

4186bubman1-med.jpg

can one of you make this dude a hash chick...?:D

4186bubman7.jpg

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey SuperZero

i'll let you know how it smokes in a day or two, it's curing.

Hi again Maximo

interesting, so you use the water as a fert eh? not a bad idea. what kind f an ec level are we talking about? or do you give it to normal plants? waste not want not eh?

Yo WAMEN

hows it going man? hope to smoke some of that with you man. let me make a little joint for the hash dude next :D

see you later :wave:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Great stuff Gaius :D

Not sure if you'll get the dude with the big assets through customs though :D :biglaugh:

Mibri

That look awsome dude!!! I'm getting me one of those bubble bag sets. What brand are u using?
I think u were using 1000 gr. of White Widow trim right?
How much hash u got from that 1000gr. after 3rd run?
U make my lungs gasping for that stuff!!