What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fresh Frozen Bubble Hash - Will Regular 0°F Chest Freezer Do the Job?

I am about to harvest a 1 lb. plant i grew in my backyard. I have no where to dry it so I'm thinking i might as well just chop it and throw it straight into a freezer to make bubble hash.

I am looking for a freezer to purchase to freeze the fresh buds. Will any general deep chest freezer work or are there specific features i should look for in a freezer Is a 0°F freezer cold enough to freeze the trichs to the point fresh frozen bubble hash can be made? and does it need to have a specific defrost feature where it automatically defrosts?? Is defrost crucial?

Would appreciate someone's expertise. Thanks in advance fellas!

monsoon

Yes...a regular deep freezer will work fine. Give it at least 24 hours of freeze time....the n go for it.

Not sure what yer referring to with a "defrost" feature. You want to put that frozen trim directly into your bucket to run.....no defrosting needed/wanted.

I do whole plant bub and you are gonna freak at the yields and the quality. Good luck

awesome! thanks for the response. do you mind elaborating justa little further on the process? Like..

how should i chop the plant? is it crucial i immediately place buds in freezer as they get picked off branches? should i snip buds directly off the plant into a bucket and straight into freezer? or a rubbermaid tote? into a plastic container? glass? with lid? dont break buds up just leave as nugs? thanks for your response man i really appreciate it. Have a goood one brother

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
dude chop it, strip fans and buck it down to nugs and fans
and toss stems
freeze em seperate minimum 24 hrs
goto super market for ice and a chunk of dry ice
bust up the dry ice in a turkey bag with a mallet
use half the dry ice on the first run
half on the second
refreeze spent material for canna butter (LOTS OF GOODS IN THERE DONT DISCARD)

Latest posts

Latest posts